View Poll Results: Who is closest to their source?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ant-Man (Lang)

4 11.11%
  • The Black Panther

10 27.78%
  • The Black Widow

4 11.11%
  • Captain America

25 69.44%
  • Doctor Strange

7 19.44%
  • The Falcon

2 5.56%
  • Hawkeye

0 0%
  • The Hulk

3 8.33%
  • Iron Man

6 16.67%
  • Scarlet Witch

0 0%
  • Spider-Man

2 5.56%
  • Valkyrie

0 0%
  • Vision

5 13.89%
  • Wasp

0 0%
  • Winter Soldier

8 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Do we have to see uncle ben die twice? NO.

Do we have to see Spiderman always mention Uncle's ben impact at some point in a movie series? Yes.

Those who are saying Holland's Spiderman is the most faithful seem to be ignoring how we want Ben to be protrayed.. they are all jumping to the conclusion that we all want to see him die for the 3rd time in a movie.

its not about Ben's death, its about the legacy of his death.
    Please don’t speak for what other people want. Especially if you’re trying to speak for me.

Thanks.

Fantastic Member

I think outside of Captain America most of the other characters don't mirror their comic characters all that well. This is not saying that they were bad portrayals though. The movie portrayals were inline with the MCU brand and overall storyline and in many ways made the characters more appealing to a broader audience. The characters did allow for a newer generation to get into comics, which is a good thing. While I think Marvel comics are crap right now as a whole because they are allowing the film portrayals to be the source of the comic portrayal and that has made for some less than desirable stories, the newer generation likes it.

I think Cap (616) and Nick Fury (Ultimate) might be the truest to their source material counterparts.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I think Cap (616) and Nick Fury (Ultimate) might be the truest to their source material counterparts.
    I don't think Nick Fury is like his Ultimate counterpart, except for looking like Samuel L. Jackson. In the comics he was far more extreme, like he baited Red Skull out of hiding to get the Ultimates to get back together just so he could get his job back, he used Gregory Stark to overthrow governments, and exploited Spider-man death to guilt trip Carol danvers into resigning so he could be director again. IIRC he was a serial cheater/womaniser, to a stupid degree. As in he slept with his ex-wife's mother and sister. Something ridiculous like that. The rest is just plain old 616 Nick Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I don't think Nick Fury is like his Ultimate counterpart, except for looking like Samuel L. Jackson. In the comics he was far more extreme, like he baited Red Skull out of hiding to get the Ultimates to get back together just so he could get his job back, he used Gregory Stark to overthrow governments, and exploited Spider-man death to guilt trip Carol danvers into resigning so he could be director again. IIRC he was a serial cheater/womaniser, to a stupid degree. As in he slept with his ex-wife's mother and sister. Something ridiculous like that. The rest is just plain old 616 Nick Fury.
    0_o

He didn't show any signs of that in Ultimate Spider-Man, which is what I had in mind. I steered clear from the rest of that line of comics especially the Ultimates because characters annoyed me there, especially Bruce Banner (upset that the team were discussing which actor portrays who and injects himself with the Hulk serum and goes on a city destroying rampage) and Steve (rude to everyone) Rogers.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage