Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

That’s ok. I was getting bored with this anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    This is a RUMOR from BleedingCool. Nothing is confirmed so far.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...s-on-the-core/

Summary:

- Less limited series, one-shots and books featuring lesser known characters
    - Legacy characters may still thrive, but we shouldn't expect the original characters to be replaced anymore
    - More focus on core titles and a bigger expectation about titles performing well in the direct market
    - Marvel was concerned about Empyre pre-pandemic, but they have high expectations for it now, specially its critical acclaim and the changes it'll bring to the MU
    - Some Empyre tie-ins have been cancelled indeed
    - Summer 2021 event will be all about Knull and Venom
    After reading Empyre #0, I can see signs of this already. I get the impression that Marvel will want to play it safe in the near-future. That means leaning on their best-known, most-proven characters. Now is not the time to get bold and experimental. They, like every other industry at this point, just want to make sure they maintain the market they have. You can't take too many risks in that kind of environment. But at some point, you have to.

And I think that point will come later this year. After a stable release schedule comes out, a new market will settle. It's just a matter of how Marvel, DC, and every other publishing line goes about expanding/capturing that market. I don't know how they'll go about it. But it's hard to say who will come out on top.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

More gossip: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ra-mactaggert/

- Nick Spencer is expected to be on Spider-Man duty until late 2021/2022
    - Tom Taylor may be working on a Moira MacTaggert title
    - Children Of The Atom won't be an ongoing book anymore
    - The decision about less one-shots and miniseries apparently may not apply to synergy books made for TV and movie properties
    - Marvel had huge plans for the Eternals at the end of this year, but with the movie being delayed, those plans might also change

Tom Taylor may be working on a Moira MacTaggert title
    And that throws out the no lesser hero getting a new title rule right there.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And that throws out the no lesser hero getting a new title rule right there.
    To be fair, the rumor is that there will be LESS books like this, not NO books like this. So they can still try it here and there, but it just won't be as much as before. They also probably feel more confident about doing this in the DOX line, which has been successful so far.

The X-books just seem to be following a different path to the rest of the Marvel Universe overall. X of Swords got extended while Empyre was shrunken

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You think Marvel was lying about how great their digital sales were?
    It is all relative, and if you don't think Marvel would 'lie' about something, I am shocked at that. Sure, something 'sells better in digitial' is probably true, but what does that mean? Digital sales suck. DiDio will tell you that now that he is free. People do not buy new books digitally the same way people buy physical. Digital sales were way more skewed to things that were on sale.

But what does it matter? DC can put out YA books. DC can put out digital 'first' books. So can Marvel. Then they can make sure the stuff they are 'not forcing retailers to order 200% of some other book in order to get access to variants or deep discounts' is stuff the direct market can sell, make money on, market, and cultivate a readership that follows big books that have top talent, and not be in a constant series of cancelations and relaunches of book that never have enough readers after issue two to not be printed at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The X-books just seem to be following a different path to the rest of the Marvel Universe overall. X of Swords got extended while Empyre was shrunken
    Did it? The X of Swords stuff was never solicited pre-pandemic, as it was due to start in July and the last solicits at the time of shutdown were June's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Did it? The X of Swords stuff was never solicited pre-pandemic, as it was due to start in July and the last solicits at the time of shutdown were June's.
    Yes. I believe there was an interview on AIPT where it was discussed how the pandemic gave them more time to construct the story and they ended up extending it and including more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    More gossip: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...ra-mactaggert/

- Nick Spencer is expected to be on Spider-Man duty until late 2021/2022
    - Tom Taylor may be working on a Moira MacTaggert title
    - Children Of The Atom won't be an ongoing book anymore
    - The decision about less one-shots and miniseries apparently may not apply to synergy books made for TV and movie properties
    - Marvel had huge plans for the Eternals at the end of this year, but with the movie being delayed, those plans might also change
    That sounds about right for Spencer's tenure.

Taylor on the Moira title? I wasn't expecting that. He hasn't had a prominent Marvel book in a while.

I think CotA was always a book that would have had a limited shelf-life given the premise and stars.