Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    The fact that so many people hate him means he's a good villain
    This isn't professional wrestling.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

I like the barman who laughs. I find comic fans funny as hell. "Dc needs to do something different" dc does something different " Dc needs to stick to the basics" it never fails.

I'm new here and in this thread I have multiple people on my ignore list. Having read through a hundred pages it's clear to me who these people are here.

Is BWL a bit over exposed? Yeah but who cares. I found all of dark knights metal refreshing and fun. I'm digging metal and will continue to because as much as I'm a dc fanboy I don't sweat when they try new stuff. I love punchline, I love metal, I love all of it because it's fresh. It's different. For help me if 20 years from now people are still pineing away for grant morrison ..yikes!!!

As far as a movie verson? That would be hard to pull off. I'd laugh my ass off if Zack Snyder gets to do a justice league sequel and includes him. That would piss so many people off haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukiakari1203 View Post
    I want BWL to never appear again. I never want a movie
    Same.

I like the Joker but.. This Idiot BWL was so annoying and UNFORTUNATELY he died and left us one UNKNOWN SUCESSOR.

The fact that so many people hate him means he's a good villain although
    .. I canīt see him as one good villain. I enjoyed LEX GROUP in Forever Evil and some comics with villains like DEATHSTROKE but this BWL... I would like start 2021 without anything related with him or that Perpetua.
    Last edited by adrikito; 06-26-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Toss him and Harley Quinn in the ass end of the Phantom Zone.

The fact that so many people hate him means he's a good villain although
    I love a good villain.

You know that old far Side cartoon where a bunch of dunks could stand on each other's shoulders in a trenchocat and pretend to be a person?

The Batman who laughs is like that. He's Batgod fanwank combined with Joker fanwank pretending to be an actual character.

And maybe instead of a trenchoat he's dressed up like an extra from Hellraiser or Judge Dredd.

On a separate note, we really need a nickname like Batgod or Batjerk for when Joker is written horribly (which is about 90% of the time now.)

I'd like to see him in one of the animated movies.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    On a separate note, we really need a nickname like Batgod or Batjerk for when Joker is written horribly (which is about 90% of the time now.)
    How about Flat!Joker?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I love a good villain.

And maybe instead of a trenchoat he's dressed up like an extra from Hellraiser or Judge Dredd.
    I like Batman in trench coat actually (much better than outside panty) but I think DC made Batman trechcoat reserved for evil Batmen, like Demonic Damian Batman future, Tim's Savior Batman costume and this Batman Who Laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    How about Flat!Joker?
    JokerBoomer?
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-27-2020 at 10:30 PM.

The fact that so many people hate him means he's a good villain
    No. There's a difference between a villain I want to see get beaten and a villain I don't want to see at all.

I love seeing Batman beat the Joker. I actively avoid reading comics with edgelord Batman in them.

My main gripe with the Batman Who Laughs is that it's such a lazy concept. It would be like combining Batman with the Scarecrow and calling him the Dark Fright. Come on, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    No. There's a difference between a villain I want to see get beaten and a villain I don't want to see at all.

I love seeing Batman beat the Joker. I actively avoid reading comics with edgelord Batman in them.
    There is no difference between these two things
    You have fooled yourself into thinking that an absence of any villain is more enjoyable than seeing a villain you don't like get beat.
    Its like a lot of you are stuck in this 360 logic where DC is forcing something on you. This is literally the most simple form of storytelling

You have fooled yourself into thinking that an absence of any villain is more enjoyable than seeing a villain you don't like get beat.
    There's a big difference.

In one case the character is in the comic. Whether he gets beat or not, he's still there. If you don't like the character at all, whether he wins or looses doesn't matter. He's taking up space.

There is no difference between these two things
    Its like a lot of you are stuck in this 360 logic where DC is forcing something on you. This is literally the most simple form of storytelling
    Of course there’s a difference. One story I buy and read, the other I don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Of course there’s a difference. One story I buy and read, the other I don’t.
    Make it make sense
    You are buying a story either to see a villain you don't like get beat or read more about a hero you like or some form of enjoyment
    You aren't buying something because you have no interest in what's in it.

Pure apathy and not caring about something is the best way to regard the BWL if the latter is the case. The more I see people talk about the character however I gauge that the former is where people are because that's not apathy

Make it make sense
    You are buying a story either to see a villain you don't like get beat or read more about a hero you like or some form of enjoyment
    You aren't buying something because you have no interest in what's in it.
    That's right. I have no interest in edgelord batman. I actively avoid stories he's in. He's got xpac heat.