Default Something I've been wondering about Punchline

So there might be some slight spoilers here proceed with caution.

So this is a bit of a random theory I have come up with but I think it's good. It was mentioned that Catwoman's secret could tear her and Bruce apart in the Designer story. At first I thought that maybe it was the whole money thing but now I think maybe there was more to it that has Catwoman scared the Designer came to Gotham around twenty years prior to that main story. We also know Punchline was a college student at least in her Sophmore year. So Punchline would have been conceived and born around the time of the Designer's death. Also the more I look at Punchline the more I think she's looks like a younger Selina with blue eyes just like Bruce. There's also the fact that Joker seems to like her but I think there's more to it. I think it's in her name I think she's his ultimate joke on Batman and I think Selina's secret that will tear her and Bruce apart has nothing to do with money.

I got to thinking about this when I got to the part where Punchline fought Harley and way she beat Harley reminded me of when Catwoman "killed" Joker, she slit Harley's throat and of course Harley when into the water. My point however is that it was similar to what Catwoman did to Joker. I can't help but wonder if it was on purpose to have a detail like that in there. So basically my theory is this Batman knocked up Selina, she didn't tell him and gave the kid up to give it a better chance but instead the kid lived a miserable life and Joker found her (but pretended to be found) and decided to mold her into his partner.

I mean it would be the ultimate way to screw with Batman if you think about it Joker taking Batman's own daughter and making her in his image would really screw with Batman's head, and Batman would likely never forgive Selina if she kept something so huge and personal from him. I just think it would make for a hell of a twist with Punchline's character if she really was Batman's daughter.

Incredible Member

I really hope this doesn't happen. It's a cool theory but I don't want it being canon

I mean it would be the ultimate way to screw with Batman if you think about it Joker taking Batman's own daughter and making her in his image would really screw with Batman's head, and Batman would likely never forgive Selina if she kept something so huge and personal from him. I just think it would make for a hell of a twist with Punchline's character if she really was Batman's daughter.
    Contrived and Mary-Sueish (though there's certainly a huge precedent for revealing unknown relatives of comic book heroes) to me, but then I didn't like Kon being Lex and Clark's, and other people loved it, so I'm no judge of what's popular.

It's kinda repetitive, too, in that both his most significant love interests have a secret child of his.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 06-24-2020 at 05:46 AM.

how does the timeline work? has it been that long in-universe?

Well since comics dont care about their timelines you can somehow make it work but it clear that both selina and bruce are in their 30s and punchline was a college student so it realistically cant work
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Well since comics dont care about their timelines you can somehow make it work but it clear that both selina and bruce are in their 30s and punchline was a college student so it realistically cant work
    Bruce and Selina seem mid thirties to early forties. If they had a fling at around twenty, this theory becomes possible.

I wouldn't like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    how does the timeline work? has it been that long in-universe?
    I thought about that. Then thought "DC doesn't care." I don't know what their current continuity is on the first time they slept together or even how old they are. But whatever it is, DC will feel free to throw it out the window for a story. I find that extremely irritating. I like continuity. But it is what it is.

Extraordinary Member

I thought with Snyder's run and telling of Batman's origin that Bruce was maybe late 20's. Comic time would add a year or two except for the fact that once characters hit late 20's they stop aging these days due to the Peter Parker Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bruce and Selina seem mid thirties to early forties. If they had a fling at around twenty, this theory becomes possible.

I wouldn't like it though.
    It's impossible because Bruce was already Batman when he first met Selina, and he's supposed to have started out about 15 years ago? Punchline is a few years too old if she was at college. So no, I don't think she's Damian's half-sister.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I thought with Snyder's run and telling of Batman's origin that Bruce was maybe late 20's. Comic time would add a year or two except for the fact that once characters hit late 20's they stop aging these days due to the Peter Parker Effect.
    Bruce started at 25 in both Batman Year One and Zero Year and both times he gets to know Catwoman at least a year after. In Rebirth, there are 15 years passed maximum to the present day. Either way, there's no time for Punchline to reach college.