View Poll Results: How would you like Keaton to return as Batman?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thomas Wayne/Flashpoint Batman

3 10.00%
  • Bruce Wayne/Batman from the Burton films

20 66.67%
  • New version of Bruce Wayne/Batman

7 23.33%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Default How would you like Michael Keaton to return as Batman?

In light of the recent rumors (which do genuienly seem like more than rumors) that Keaton may be returning to the cape and cowl, not just in the upcoming Flashpoint movie, but also potentially for multiple appearances in future DC films.

How would you like them to approach Michael Keaton's return as Batman?

Thomas Wayne/Flashpoint Batman: Considering the movie he's appearing in, this may seem the obvious choice. There's a long proud tradition in DC media of superhero actors returning to play the hero's father in a reboot (Adam West as Thomas Wayne in the Brave and the Bold cartoon, John Wesley Shipp as Henry Allen on The Flash) and this would be the biggest example of that. It allows Keaton's Batman to continue to be a distinct character and potentially co-exist alongside Pattison's Batman in future films.

Bruce Wayne/Batman from the Burton films: Basically, a continuation of the version Keaton played in the Burton films, potentially ignoring the Schumacher films with other actors. I guess in a way this would be the most fan-pleasing option (akin to Brandon Routh's recent return as an older version of his Superman). And there are certainly ways to make it happen, with the Multiverse and alternate timelines. But keeping this Batman around beyond the Flashpoint film raises challenges. There's already the conflict between the Affleck and Pattison versions to address - throwing Keaton's version in only adds to the continuity nightmare. Though I dare say there can be ways around it.

A new version of Bruce Wayne/Batman: Not an explicit continuation of the Burton films, but a new version altogether. Maybe the Batman Beyond Bruce (a fan favorite option). Or a DKR Bruce. Maybe just a future time-traveling version of Pattison's Bruce Wayne. Again, this raises questions of how to keep the character around, though it'll be a lot easier to present this Bruce as a possible future/alternate version of Pattison's Batman, than to inject a version from a different franchise altogether into the DCEU.

BANNED

No thanks. The man looks like a dweeb.

I voted new version of Bruce/Bats.

Specifically Old Man Bruce in a Batman Beyond movie.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Keaton should definitely return from his Universe. He's still my favorite Batman of all time.

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

The possibilities are infinite: he can be the Flashpoint's Thomas Wayne, he can be an old Bruce Wayne who gave his cowl to Dick Grayson (in this case Tim Drake and Damian could be the new Nightwing and the new Robin respectively), he can even be the uncle Philip who raised Bruce after his parents' death (in this case the movie should be focused on the metamorphosis of Bruce Wayne from orphan to Batman).

Michael Keaton says it best himself... "I'm Batman."

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    No thanks. The man looks like a dweeb.
    Looks were then, and still are apparently, deceiving. The reaction to him getting the role in the first place was panned at the time as he was seen mostly as a goofy comedic actor. He proved everyone wrong though. There's nothing dweebish about his Batman, that's for sure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

honestly I wouldn't, but if we must, i'd rather he just be an older version of his Bruce and out of the way. I have no interest in some inflated role for Keaton's Batman so we can pump up the nostalgia feels.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-29-2020 at 09:09 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."