Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default The Hunt for Doomsday

How many Predators would it take to take out Doomsday?

If you know Doomsday's backstory, he was released into Prehistoric Krypton as an infant and was cloned over and over until he could survive on his own.

Predators hunt for sport and only those that would pose a challenge.

They have both traveled through space and hopped on different planets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    How many Predators would it take to take out Doomsday?

If you know Doomsday's backstory, he was released into Prehistoric Krypton as an infant and was cloned over and over until he could survive on his own.

Predators hunt for sport and only those that would pose a challenge.

They have both traveled through space and hopped on different planets.
    Literally the entire race could probably show up and not even hurt Doomsday.

If you made it DCEU doomsday and gave the predators kryptonite then you could make this a fight.

Yikes! Anyone know what Pred spaceships are capable of? Or if the expanded lore has any super weapons?

Doomsday is a legit class 100 threat. Normal stuff, including suicide nukes, are gonna bounce harmlessly off of him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Doomsday has evolved beyond the Predators' damage capabilities as a race.

Is Jupiter Predator a thing? Because it would need to be.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I recall, very vaguely mind, that in the expanded novels or something there are "War Predators," the assumption being that all Predators shown in main canon and so forth are effectively civilians hunting for fun and honour rather than an actual representation of the Predator cultures' concept of "War,"

They were meant to have ridiculously more powerful weapons but I forget the details.

I also don't think it's enough to handle Doomsday.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

dd could literally eat the preds and there is jack all they can do about it.

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

The Predator ship whose cannon instantly bored through hunderds of meters of solid Ice at the beginning of AvP would put down a version of Doomsday before he made it Earth imo. Anything after his Superman fight that version would win against the Preds.

Although they do have Teleporting tech on their ships so they could try Teleporting him for a bfr. Extended cannon ships were pretty powerful as well, but I would have to hunt them down and reread them to get actual feats.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    The Predator ship whose cannon instantly bored through hunderds of meters of solid Ice at the beginning of AvP would put down a version of Doomsday before he made it Earth imo. Anything after his Superman fight that version would win against the Preds.

Although they do have Teleporting tech on their ships so they could try Teleporting him for a bfr. Extended cannon ships were pretty powerful as well, but I would have to hunt them down and reread them to get actual feats.
    Even that version was fighting Green Lantern's and winning until they finally put him down.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

More than a million, what with Doomsday taking a blast with the force of a million nukes with no damage.

All-New Member

Wow, okay.

I didn't know they would be this outmatched
    Last edited by The Mask; 06-24-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mask View Post
    Wow, okay.

I didn't know they would be this outmatched
    Yeah, DD is a freak Class 100 brick. Way outside anything they have dealt with.

This is a creature who can ignore explosions equal to a million nukes. More recently, DD ignored over 4,000 punches from a blitzing Superman. Not just ignored, but actually made Superman's hand bleed with his face lol.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Yeah, DD is a freak Class 100 brick. Way outside anything they have dealt with.

This is a creature who can ignore explosions equal to a million nukes. More recently, DD ignored over 4,000 punches from a blitzing Superman. Not just ignored, but actually made Superman's hand bleed with his face lol.
    Making him the victor.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Making him the victor.
    the wimp-lo style of Kung fu. but bigger question: did the fight take place on earth?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I enjoy when the points of reference are so clear cut. Predators basically using nukes as their ultimate weapon makes this so easy to illustrate.