Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Mike Mignola discontinuing work with Scott Allie

This whole thing is very disturbing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    I mean better late than never I guess but hard for me to praise Mignola here. Allie had another incident in 2015 where he groped and bit someone at SDCC and per former Dark Horse staffers on twitter Allie's behavior was an open secret in the office. Mignola may not have known about this specific incident but I find it really hard to believe that he didn't know something was up in regards to Allie. Below is Amy Reeder's response to Mignola:

I also find Dark Horse's initial response to be disappointing, saying they support Mike in his decision, took them a few hours to follow up with a statement in support of Shawna - kind of speaks to the issues over there.

It looks to me like Mignola will have to give a more elaborate explanation.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Took him long enough.

This whole affair has really dampened my love for one of my favorite comics. Of course, whatever minor stress this gives me is so paltry and insignificant compared to the pain he's caused his victims it's hardly worth mentioning. And what about the greater DH leadership? They're totally culpable.

but Mike Richardson has daughters, so it's totes okay.

Yeah, I've had an issue with Allie since this was brought to light some years ago. I believe in giving addicts a chance at reform. Allie is an addict, and most of his behavior was tied to his addiction. But maybe that's not the case now.

It doesn't really matter to me that much anymore. I've stopped reading any Mignolaverse books that aren't written solely by Mignola. The quality just isn't there unless it's only him.

Extraordinary Member

John Arcudi has a statement, broad strokes are that Mignola knew about this kind of behavior back in 2017.

Guy Davis also says Mignola knew about Allie's behavior.