Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stargirl, as someone who is a JSA fan it is an amazing show and it’s a lot of fun to watch. But given that it is pretty new and yet to finish the first season I’m gonna say a back up in Flash, it’s genuinely a fun show to watch and I’m a fan of the flash family of characters.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Stargirl...

Extraordinary Member

Currently, Stargirl first, then Lucifer, then Legends of Tomorrow. The others, not so much, noting that I've never seen DP, Titans, Krypton, or Swamp Thing.

All time, the list would include The Flash, (John Wesley Shipp), Lois and Clark, and sorry, but also BOP mainly because I liked the actresses and it was the first show to use those characters.

Doom Patrol is easily the best show DC has ever produced. Stargirl and Swamp Thing are pretty good too. Black Lightning is also enjoyable!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    I found it very very disapointing.
    How?

Aside from one or two small flaws it was perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Currently, Stargirl first, then Lucifer, then Legends of Tomorrow. The others, not so much, noting that I've never seen DP, Titans, Krypton, or Swamp Thing.
    I don't know about the others but you should check out Swamp Thing.

All time, the list would include The Flash, (John Wesley Shipp), Lois and Clark, and sorry, but also BOP mainly because I liked the actresses and it was the first show to use those characters.
    Don't apologise, BOP was cool. I liked Gabby.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 06-25-2020 at 08:13 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Aside from one or two small flaws it was perfect.
    Well when you watch a Swamp Thing show, you want it to be adult and you want it to be astonishing.
    Read the Len Wein and Alan Moor runs and you'll see what is great Swamp Thing storytelling.
    And you sayd it yourself, the show got "flaws". So how can it be "perfect" at the same time ??

They modified the comics origins in such ways that it's less interesting. Why did they do that !
    The visual effects are poor. DC could have done much better.
    I feels like DC did a Swamp Thing show because at some point it had to be done.
    But that DC didn't really care how the show was done.

When I finished watching, I was like, "it's not so bad at all that this show got cancelled".

And let's not to about the actings and the dialogues that are not good at all.
    The only thing that makes the show a bit interesting is that the show is a bit dark and that it's about a man who's becomes a plant/tree that can manipulalte all the green.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Don't apologize! I watched it when it originally aired and have thought about getting the DVD collection off and on over the years. Everybody forgets that Sloan was the first Harley Quinn!
    Assassinate Putin!

Currently: Stargirl

All time: Smallville

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Not watching the current shows since none of them interest me. My all-time favorite would be Lois and Clark, the New Adventures of Superman.
    Always enjoyed that show when it came out... and for me Teri Hatcher has been the best Lois Lane and Lane Smith, hands down the best Perry White.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

BATMAN '66 and the first season of ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN (with Phyllis Coates as Lois Lane). Both are such fully formed visions.

Currently? STARGIRL
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 06-25-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Doom Patrol is my favorite DC show of all time, but my favorite "thing" in general is the whole Arrowverse - how they built it up, the relationships and characters that were formed between shows and the epic crossovers. It feels like a real shared universe.

Of all time it's Smallville. The first season of The Flash is a close second though. Too bad it all went downhill afterwards.

Incredible Member

Well when you watch a Swamp Thing show, you want it to be adult and you want it to be astonishing.
    Not really. My favourite version of Swamp Thing is the 1991 cartoon.

Read the Len Wein and Alan Moor runs and you'll see what is great Swamp Thing storytelling.
    And you sayd it yourself, the show got "flaws". So how can it be "perfect" at the same time ??
    That's why I said "aside from one or two small flaws." It's like saying, for example, "aside from decapitation, Immortals cannot die." Is English not your first language or something?

They modified the comics origins in such ways that it's less interesting. Why did they do that !
    So what? The basic story is the same. That's a minor flaw at most.

The visual effects are poor. DC could have done much better.
    Are you kidding? The visual effects were amazing!

I feels like DC did a Swamp Thing show because at some point it had to be done.
    But that DC didn't really care how the show was done.
    Which, if so, was extremely stupid of DC.

When I finished watching, I was like, "it's not so bad at all that this show got cancelled".
    It's disgraceful that the best live show made by DC was cancelled.

And let's not to about the actings and the dialogues that are not good at all.
    They were fine. I've seen much worse.

The only thing that makes the show a bit interesting is that the show is a bit dark and that it's about a man who's becomes a plant/tree that can manipulalte all the green.
    Wrong. What makes this show awesome is Abby Arcane, especially in such a prominent role. Sure I'd have preferred it if they had got her hair colour right, but her personality was right and that's what really matters.