Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Well, this is disappointing...

https://www.cbr.com/cameron-stewart-...g-allegations/

More and more victims are coming forward. I guess stories have been circulating for a while now.
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/cameron-stewart-...g-allegations/

More and more victims are coming forward. I guess stories have been circulating for a while now.
    Yuck. What is wrong with some of us?

I was such a fan of Ellis' work too, damn. My condolences to the women victimized.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I was such a fan of Ellis' work too, damn. My condolences to the women victimized.
    The article is about Batgirl writer Cameron Stewart.

What's going on with Warren Ellis?

This is my 1400th post. Kind of a non-event, unfortunately.

Damn it. That is so disappointing. Ellis has written some of favorite comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

He was named in accusations today as well.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    He was named in accusations today as well.
    Huh? Do you have a link or something?

Ah someone's has called him a "Bluebeard" apparently a term for being with him and him not revealing he's married. "Oh-Ho!"
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 06-16-2020 at 09:46 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Apparently, a lot of girls Ellis dated are coming out bashing him for supposedly being manipulative and having dated them when they were younger (Mostly 19yrs old or so)......Sounds like he's into young goth chicks and was a dick in relationships, but to accuse Ellis of being a criminal is a bit out there.

Sounds like Cameron Stewart was doing a somewhat similar thing, but targeting younger girls. That said, the article seems alarming, but, technically, Stewart isn't a criminal for having gone for a 16yr old. Age of consent in Canada is 16. I'm not justifying Stewart's choices, just looking into the legalities of it....I do know it used to actually be 14 in Canada around 10 years ago. Also, Stewart went on one date with the girl and nothing was mentioned of them doing anything physically, but I'd assume he would have if things progressed.

Out of curiosity, I just searched age of consent in the UK, and it's also 16.....Yet Ellis wasn't going for 16yr olds. Take that however you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Huh? Do you have a link or something?

Ah someone's has called him a "Bluebeard" apparently a term for being with him and him not revealing he's married. "Oh-Ho!"
    I see you've found one of the tweets, but here's a couple of links for everyone else's benefit.

https://twitter.com/audrawilliams/st...93904988770306
    https://twitter.com/Foxtongue/status...79428394414081
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I see you've found one of the tweets, but here's a couple of links for everyone else's benefit.

https://twitter.com/audrawilliams/st...93904988770306
    https://twitter.com/Foxtongue/status...79428394414081
    Actually... I just typed it Warren Ellis accusations into goggle.

...buuut... honestly *shrug* its not enough for me to stop buying his books or anything like that. Unless he's been someone who's spoke out
    against this type of thing before.

"Sleazy, Maniuplative... blah blah blah..." probably, but unless it got to "illegal" that's just some old dude in his desperation. More sad than infuriating really.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Actually... I just typed it Warren Ellis accusations into goggle.

...buuut... honestly *shrug* its not enough for me to stop buying his books or anything like that. Unless he's been someone who's spoke out
    against this type of thing before.

"Sleazy, Maniuplative... blah blah blah..." probably, but unless it got to "illegal" that's just some old dude in his desperation. More sad than infuriating really.

Yeah, the first Twitter link has the original tweet deleted, so there's not much to go on. The second link looks like Ellis's emails to someone he was actually seeing, and she tried to expose him by showing emails containing light sexual innuendo. Oh, woe is me.

Again, just looks like he was a dick in relationships, and the girls he dated are bitter. Not saying anything he did was justified, but to call him a predator insinuates rape, stalking, etc....None of which he did.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

While I have enjoyed a lot of Warren Ellis's stuff, he's pretty much always come off as a self-righteous #@% in interviews so I can't say this is coming as a big shock to me.

I am glad all of this crummy behavior is finally seeing the light of day. The sooner the comics industry clears out all the bastards, the better.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    While I have enjoyed a lot of Warren Ellis's stuff, he's pretty much always come off as a self-righteous #@% in interviews so I can't say this is coming as a big shock to me.

I am glad all of this crummy behavior is finally seeing the light of day. The sooner the comics industry clears out all the bastards, the better.
    Hey now! Don't lump us bastards in with them!
    Assassinate Putin!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    ...The sooner the comics industry clears out all the bastards, the better.
    No industry is ever going to clear out its bastards as long as said bastards are lucrative. Only when the noise becomes unacceptably troublesome will they cut off access to that output and try to salvage something from looking self-righteous. The reason is simple: actively conscientious investors are a minority in the financial market, even if your sample excludes the blatently amoral ones.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Hey now! Don't lump us bastards in with them!
    Don't worry. You can stay