Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Astonishing Member

Thank you, voters, for accepting a "substitute" entry, after I deleted the "Oz" cover. I'm glad you liked the scene of Supe's almost-wedding on Dinosaur Island (because, of course, whenever a DC hero is shipwrecked in the South Pacific, he has to wind up on Dinosaur Island!). Don't worry, Lois Lane showed up just in time to stop her fiance from getting hitched to Lola-La.

I'll post a new contest in an hour or so.

Astonishing Member

New contest is up now!

Congrats seismic-2!

And thank you for the vote

Congratulations to seismic-2 for a deceptively carnal scene featuring our favorite Man of Steel. It's certainly a perc of an island trip, innit?

And now what the captain has learned in the contest in what he calls the peak of the week: Scenes from your hometown are not good for exotic locations. But this week, I shall explain why the bridge means something to Captain Cleghorn. When I had my strip in my college paper, I finished with a two part story entitled "Graduation, Farewell, and Amen". And yes, the M*A*S*H ripoff was even more obvious then. The final scene was the captain standing on the bridge in a big "woe is me" soliloquy. He then falls off into a train care heading off to my post graduation plans at the time.

Congratulations seismic-2!
    Thanks for the votes nxo1a and Iron Maiden.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Thanks for the vote Tami and congratulations to Seismic ... and I forgot to vote. In my defense, I saw a shiny.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Congrats on the win seismic-2

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Scenes from your hometown are not good for exotic locations. But this week, I shall explain why the bridge means something to Captain Cleghorn. When I had my strip in my college paper, I finished with a two part story entitled "Graduation, Farewell, and Amen". And yes, the M*A*S*H ripoff was even more obvious then. The final scene was the captain standing on the bridge in a big "woe is me" soliloquy. He then falls off into a train care heading off to my post graduation plans at the time.
    So you're from Fitchburg? An old college friend of mine is an attorney in Leominster.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I forgot to vote! But congrats to seismic-2 for the win, and thanks to Greg Hatcher for the vote.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yay, seismic-2!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Allen View Post
    So you're from Fitchburg? An old college friend of mine is an attorney in Leominster.
    Yes. Cleghorn is actual;ly a neighborhood in Fitchburg and Leominster is our Shelbyville.