View Poll Results: who should be the child of Peter?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayday Parker (Spider-Girl) and Benjy Parker

45 63.38%
  • Anna May Parker (Renew Your Vows)

10 14.08%
  • Benjy and Clare Parker (Life Story)

3 4.23%
  • Other existing child of Peter from alternate realality

0 0%
  • Completely original child

13 18.31%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Default If Marvel decided to let Peter Parker have child in main universe...

... who should become child for Peter? It is should be existing characters from other universe or completely original character.

Just wanted to know who do you prefer.

This was tough, cuz I really like Anna May, but I had to go w. Mayday & Benjy.

I voted MayDay if only to invert the MC2 universe a bit bc I"m pretty sure Mayday is older than Gerry Drew in the universe.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Well, Mayday would be the easiest to introduce, they could always pull out that long forgotten plot point of Osborn seemingly kidnapping her when she was stillborn.

Incredible Member

Honestly never cared much for Anna May, felt like they were just retreading old ground with her and that she was just a rehash of quite frankly a better character.

That being said I'd rather just go with Mayday or a new kid entirely that's not just going to be another version of Spider-Girl, so perhaps a son this time around since we pretty much always see Spidey having a girl who's at the forefront of everything.

Mighty Member

Mayday for me. I have an attachment to the character that I dont have with any other spider-kid, and I'd love to see her brought into (or brought back to) the 616 universe.

Anna May also felt like a retread to me (and her name...Anime... is terrible.) Claire Parker in Life Story was so random. I know Aunt May was still alive when she was born, but Zdarsky could've at least named her Madeline.

Astonishing Member

I say an original character because I don't want to see more Soap-Opera-Rapid-Aging like the various X-kids (X-23, Cable, Rachel...) that would be required to get Spider-girl (Mayday) or Life Story or the destined future BS DC did in the 1980's trying to make everything fit Dark Knight Returns. Story-wise it would work better to give Pete a kid who is actually a kid and whose future is up to writers-yet-to-be.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Well, Mayday would be the easiest to introduce, they could always pull out that long forgotten plot point of Osborn seemingly kidnapping her when she was stillborn.
    I agree with you that Mayday would be the logical choice due to the ease of her potential insertion into Peter's life.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

if its in 616 then I say an original kid.

A thought what if Peter pulled a Batman and adopted a kid/sidekick?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Honestly never cared much for Anna May, felt like they were just retreading old ground with her and that she was just a rehash of quite frankly a better character.

That being said I'd rather just go with Mayday or a new kid entirely that's not just going to be another version of Spider-Girl, so perhaps a son this time around since we pretty much always see Spidey having a girl who's at the forefront of everything.
    Speaking of a son, what about Ben Parker II from the JJ and Henry Abrams Spider-Man miniseries?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

It would take a while for the kid to have the personality we're familiar with, and some of the characters grow up with a retired Spider-Man.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would take a while for the kid to have the personality we're familiar with, and some of the characters grow up with a retired Spider-Man.
    If Mayday returns, she would be 5/6 years old.

Mayday or No Way.

-Pav, who figures the Scriers have her...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Mayday and Annie May as sisters.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of a son, what about Ben Parker II from the JJ and Henry Abrams Spider-Man miniseries?
    No thanks, I'd rather not have Ben Parker II. IMO, he is by far the most boring of the alternate Parker-Watson offspring. Also, I'd worry Marvel Editorial might kill off MJ so Peter could be a single father as he was/is in Abrams' atrocious comic book mini-series. *yuck*
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."