View Poll Results: who should be the child of Peter?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayday Parker (Spider-Girl) and Benjy Parker

45 63.38%
  • Anna May Parker (Renew Your Vows)

10 14.08%
  • Benjy and Clare Parker (Life Story)

3 4.23%
  • Other existing child of Peter from alternate realality

0 0%
  • Completely original child

13 18.31%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Him and Felicia having a kid would be interesting. I'm kind of disappointed that the Spiderman game copped out of going there
    yeah its a good idea hopefully a writer will one day be allowed to pick up that idea
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member

Original...Mary Teresa....named for his mother and sister. Born with spider powers.

BANNED

Peter will sadly never be mature or awesome enough to have a child in current 616. And seriously a daughter makes peter seem like a more a enabling push over, a daughter of a male superhero or figure is a worse fate than being raped, due to how men characters are gorified over women and even put on a higher pedestal as action girl friende to hype the male heroes.

If you want spidey to truly shine as a character, give him a son that represents peters true impact to the marvel world, i mean this in the most non migynoist way, but theres a reason superman and batman have sons and their popular legacy runs beat out most young heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Peter will sadly never be mature or awesome enough to have a child in current 616. And seriously a daughter makes peter seem like a more a enabling push over, a daughter of a male superhero or figure is a worse fate than being raped, due to how men characters are gorified over women and even put on a higher pedestal as action girl friende to hype the male heroes.

If you want spidey to truly shine as a character, give him a son that represents peters true impact to the marvel world, i mean this in the most non migynoist way, but theres a reason superman and batman have sons and their popular legacy runs beat out most young heroes.
    I...um...what?

You do realise that Mayday still holds the record for the longest consecutive big-two superheroine run not called Supergirl or Wonder Woman, right?

Astonishing Member

Might be a cool idea for Jennifer Walters and Peter Parker to have a child together. This would tie in with the Spider-verse where Bruce Banner is Spider-Man while Peter Parker is The Hulk. Jennifer(616) gets sent to that world. I asked Arron(Mighty Avengers) if we'll ever see Spider-Man as part of the team? I want to see some interaction between Jennifer and Peter. Long overdue...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-17-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member

What about original twins...Ben and Anna...not based on any future stories.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    What about original twins...Ben and Anna...not based on any future stories.
    Imagine if Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters have fraternal twins name Ben and Anna?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Imagine if Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters have fraternal twins name Ben and Anna?
    Pete and MJ. Couple of red headed terrors with spider powers.

Lightbulb

I've have an idea. You know Marvel could have their cake and eat it too; keep Peter "young & hip" but also give him a kid of his own. Here is what I have in mind -

Marvel should send a kid of Peter's back in time from some vague point in the future (a la the Flash or Sailor Moon). Current Peter would have to train the kid who can't be sent back home because something goes wrong thanks to a villain intervening at a crucial moment (that old Parker Luck strikes yet again). If the character doesn't catch on Marvel can always simply fix the timejump mechanics and send them home, if the character does catch on Marvel can keep them around for awhile.

What does everyone think: a bad idea or is this something that could work?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've have an idea. You know Marvel could have their cake and eat it too; keep Peter "young & hip" but also give him a kid of his own. Here is what I have in mind -

Marvel should send a kid of Peter's back in time from some vague point in the future (a la the Flash or Sailor Moon). Current Peter would have to train the kid who can't be sent back home because something goes wrong thanks to a villain intervening at a crucial moment (that old Parker Luck strikes yet again). If the character doesn't catch on Marvel can always simply fix the timejump mechanics and send them home, if the character does catch on Marvel can keep them around for awhile.

That doesn't sound like a good idea. It would be a "Golden Mean Fallacy" where trying to have both, actively makes it worse than either-or.

What's the "future"? Arno Stark was from the year 2020. Is he still from the future? It's a concept that'll quickly break down given time.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That doesn't sound like a good idea. It would be a "Golden Mean Fallacy" where trying to have both, actively makes it worse than either-or.

What's the "future"? Arno Stark was from the year 2020. Is he still from the future? It's a concept that'll quickly break down given time.
    That's why I'd keep the time period vague, but I see your points.

Extraordinary Member

Nay to that....Just give him a kid.

Astonishing Member

You can accomplish the same thing by bringing Annie from the Renew Your Vows universe to 616. The reaction to her meeting Peter and MJ and vice versa would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    You can accomplish the same thing by bringing Annie from the Renew Your Vows universe to 616. The reaction to her meeting Peter and MJ and vice versa would be priceless.
    That's certainly another viable option to get around Editorial's obsession with keeping Peter "young & hip".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Pete and MJ. Couple of red headed terrors with spider powers.
    The good thing about the spiderverse is the fact that different timeline could feature Peter Parker in a relationship with someone else. I want to see a timeline where Peter Parker x Betty Brant are married. The same can apply towards Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters. The end result is a Spiderverse team whose members are related to Peter Parker's counterparts with a different mother, respectively. A good example is X-Men's Scott Summers and Emma Frost/Jean Grey/and Madelyn Pryor. The latter doesn't descend into madness over Scott's betrayal..