View Poll Results: who should be the child of Peter?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayday Parker (Spider-Girl) and Benjy Parker

45 63.38%
  • Anna May Parker (Renew Your Vows)

10 14.08%
  • Benjy and Clare Parker (Life Story)

3 4.23%
  • Other existing child of Peter from alternate realality

0 0%
  • Completely original child

13 18.31%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Nay to that....Just give him a kid.
    Suppose Parker already have a kid with someone else? I like the idea of Parker having a kid from an alternate timeline whose mother is not Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    The good thing about the spiderverse is the fact that different timeline could feature Peter Parker in a relationship with someone else. I want to see a timeline where Peter Parker x Betty Brant are married. The same can apply towards Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters. The end result is a Spiderverse team whose members are related to Peter Parker's counterparts with a different mother, respectively. A good example is X-Men's Scott Summers and Emma Frost/Jean Grey/and Madelyn Pryor. The latter doesn't descend into madness over Scott's betrayal..
    I agree that would be very interesting.

Added bonus, no doubt many hardcore Peter/MJ shippers would freak the F out, so yeah, great idea.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've have an idea. You know Marvel could have their cake and eat it too; keep Peter "young & hip" but also give him a kid of his own. Here is what I have in mind -

Marvel should send a kid of Peter's back in time from some vague point in the future (a la the Flash or Sailor Moon). Current Peter would have to train the kid who can't be sent back home because something goes wrong thanks to a villain intervening at a crucial moment (that old Parker Luck strikes yet again). If the character doesn't catch on Marvel can always simply fix the timejump mechanics and send them home, if the character does catch on Marvel can keep them around for awhile.

What does everyone think: a bad idea or is this something that could work?
    I've seen this idea thrown around with Mayday. Integrating her into 616 ala Rachel Grey.

The cons of it would be practically getting rid of her supporting cast, and well, world as a whole. They're strong enough that I definitely think it would hurt her more.

You know who could potentially fit the bill? Mayday from Earth X. Her universe was destroyed and last time we saw her she was being controlled by Kang. Maybe do a striyline where she gets freed and Peter accepts her and gives her home on 616. Probably not living with him, but definitely making her feeling welcome into the spider family. The fact that she's Venom would also add a interesting twist to the dynamics with the rest of the spider family.

Extraordinary Member

Suppose Parker already have a kid with someone else? I like the idea of Parker having a kid from an alternate timeline whose mother is not Mary Jane.
    How about just a 616 ex-GF showing up with a kid in tow?? Hey Pete...guess what...

An alternate reality kid just means that they can send the kid home at anytime....a same reality kid means you kind of get stuck with the kid...unless you kill them off like happened with Rahne's son in X-Factor.

Astonishing Member

The good thing about the spiderverse is the fact that different timeline could feature Peter Parker in a relationship with someone else. I want to see a timeline where Peter Parker x Betty Brant are married. The same can apply towards Peter Parker and Jennifer Walters. The end result is a Spiderverse team whose members are related to Peter Parker's counterparts with a different mother, respectively. A good example is X-Men's Scott Summers and Emma Frost/Jean Grey/and Madelyn Pryor. The latter doesn't descend into madness over Scott's betrayal..
    I could've sworn there was a "New Fantastic Four" story where him and Betty were married. Of course, Peter died at the end so it's not necessarily a good story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree that would be very interesting.

Added bonus, no doubt many hardcore Peter/MJ shippers would freak the F out, so yeah, great idea.
    Of course, I am one of ( if not the biggest MJ shopper), but that is not my biggest problem the MJ reaction. What is you ask? This is the original idea of Sins Past. How successful was that story?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Of course, I am one of ( if not the biggest MJ shopper), but that is not my biggest problem the MJ reaction. What is you ask? This is the original idea of Sins Past. How successful was that story?
    Ummm, the final product became Gwen birthing Norman's pseudo-rape babies rather than Peter's kids so that isn't a good example lol.

Astonishing Member

How about just a 616 ex-GF showing up with a kid in tow?? Hey Pete...guess what...

An alternate reality kid just means that they can send the kid home at anytime....a same reality kid means you kind of get stuck with the kid...unless you kill them off like happened with Rahne's son in X-Factor.
    Imagine if Gerry Drew's parents are Jessica Drew and Peter Parker. That would solve the mystery on who the father of Gerry Drew is...

Extraordinary Member

Imagine if Gerry Drew's parents are Jessica Drew and Peter Parker. That would solve the mystery on who the father of Gerry Drew is...
    I don't think Pete is the type to donate at a sperm bank.

I don't think Pete is the type to donate at a sperm bank.
    Maybe, but how many times has the guy been cloned? Someone could have stolen his genetic material somehow and sent it or stored it there.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-04-2020 at 09:30 AM.

If Marvel doesn't have the guts to bring back Baby May or allow Peter to be a father at all, I'm all for Ben Reilly meeting his son Reilly Tyne

-Pav, who thinks his reappearance would be a devil of a good time...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    If Marvel doesn't have the guts to bring back Baby May or allow Peter to be a father at all, I'm all for Ben Reilly meeting his son Reilly Tyne

-Pav, who thinks his reappearance would be a devil of a good time...
    And that is the issue...they don't. I remember someone saying that once Pete married MJ....Marvel was instantly looking for a way to end the marriage. They can't accept him growing up and having a real life.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I've seen this idea thrown around with Mayday. Integrating her into 616 ala Rachel Grey.

The cons of it would be practically getting rid of her supporting cast, and well, world as a whole. They're strong enough that I definitely think it would hurt her more.

You know who could potentially fit the bill? Mayday from Earth X. Her universe was destroyed and last time we saw her she was being controlled by Kang. Maybe do a striyline where she gets freed and Peter accepts her and gives her home on 616. Probably not living with him, but definitely making her feeling welcome into the spider family. The fact that she's Venom would also add a interesting twist to the dynamics with the rest of the spider family.
    I mean, the whole reason Sins Past ended up the way it did was because Marvel's office balked at the idea of Peter actually having kids running around. Even if she's from a different Universe, I don't think they'd want Mayday around permanently. Maybe as a story arc/limited series.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I think you could make Mayday permanently in 616 work, without her being around Peter.

Her not being a infant anymore & She is not in NY or the US for the matter. I'm thinking She is living in Europe or UK.

Essentially retcon one more day. Have it so that Mayday didn't die from being poisoned by Osborn assassin or wasn't erased by Mephisto from history.
    Instead she survived was given up to be adopted and grew up in far off place. Be a Hero with an European team.

Even after an eventually reunion with the Parker. Mayday lives separately being a hero in another part of the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by la.forsaken View Post
    I think you could make Mayday permanently in 616 work, without her being around Peter.

Her not being a infant anymore & She is not in NY or the US for the matter. I'm thinking She is living in Europe or UK.

Essentially retcon one more day. Have it so that Mayday didn't die from being poisoned by Osborn assassin or wasn't erased by Mephisto from history.
    Instead she survived was given up to be adopted and grew up in far off place. Be a Hero with an European team.

Even after an eventually reunion with the Parker. Mayday lives separately being a hero in another part of the world.
    Personally, any child from an alternate timeline whose father is Peter Parker(but the mother is not Mary Jane) would be interesting to see. I do not feel that it's fair to place Mayday in Earth-616 since her story has been told. The idea of a child of Peter to appear in 616 would have to have a different mother, like Black Cat or Liz Allen, or Betty Brant for example. We already seen Peter and Gwen's children. What might be cool to see is a child related to Spider-Man x Black Widow....