View Poll Results: who should be the child of Peter?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayday Parker (Spider-Girl) and Benjy Parker

45 63.38%
  • Anna May Parker (Renew Your Vows)

10 14.08%
  • Benjy and Clare Parker (Life Story)

3 4.23%
  • Other existing child of Peter from alternate realality

0 0%
  • Completely original child

13 18.31%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Annie-May and Mayday are, in many conceptual levels, two versions of the same character. So I think its thematically redundant to have both. I think Mayday is the way to go, or the way it will go if it happens.

Though, contradicting everything I just said. The selfish part of me would like them both as sisters. But it just wont happen.

Loved Renew Your Vows, so I went with Annie. She was a great character, especially when Jody Houser had the opportunity of developing the teenage version.

I made it through maybe 2 issues of the Spider-Girl series and it wasn't for me.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

I want peter to have a son since i see peter having better chemistry with male rookies than females who he dotes over and over for. Peter has always been a kid at heart so having a kid his same gender would work since he can relate his self to a boy and touch him as a fully responsible hero than the true meaning a great respomsibility since peter is always going to project that concept by being purely a male fantasy.

It really just depends what you're going for, because whatever kid you give him kind of comes with expectations...like Mayday will succeed him, or with Annie you'll end up seeing MJ in tights, etc.

I prefer he have a girl though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by primenumber101 View Post
    ... who should become child for Peter? It is should be existing characters from other universe or completely original character.

Just wanted to know who do you prefer.
    I like both Mayday and Annie, but based on history, I think Annie coming over from her Universe is more likely. Why? Marvel has only allowed Peter to hit 30 years once ( and never 35 in 616 which would be the minimum age requirement for a teen age kid ( based on the projected ages of Pete and MJ)). Spencer or the next writer could easily bring her over and put her in the lives of Peter and MJ rather seamlessly and that would add a nice dynamic to Amazing.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 06-27-2020 at 10:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    if its in 616 then I say an original kid.

A thought what if Peter pulled a Batman and adopted a kid/sidekick?
    Suppose Peter already has a child with Jessica Drew? That would be Gerry Drew Parker...

Went with Mayday & Benjy, but honestly if I could fit Annie in as middle child I would.

Although as others have noted, Benjy's so far down the timeline we'd never get to him except for alternate future stories.

So in this case you'd have Mayday as a kindergartner and Annie probably as a toddler (considering what age Danielle Cage is depicted as in comics, since she was born after Mayday and if you assume Annie would have been conceived some point after OMD had the marriage not been tossed. Not to mention Jess is Peter's high school classmate, so there's that point of reference for life milestones).

Actually I seem to recall there was an issue of Sensational that had a flashforward where Peter & MJ had a son and daughter called Richard and Mary, right before OMD...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Went with Mayday & Benjy, but honestly if I could fit Annie in as middle child I would.

Although as others have noted, Benjy's so far down the timeline we'd never get to him except for alternate future stories.

So in this case you'd have Mayday as a kindergartner and Annie probably as a toddler (considering what age Danielle Cage is depicted as in comics, since she was born after Mayday and if you assume Annie would have been conceived some point after OMD had the marriage not been tossed. Not to mention Jess is Peter's high school classmate, so there's that point of reference for life milestones).

Actually I seem to recall there was an issue of Sensational that had a flashforward where Peter & MJ had a son and daughter called Richard and Mary, right before OMD...
    Ben and Mary, but otherwise, you're correct. That was the issue where God Himself --- technically, The One Above All, but still --- came down to tell Peter that everything would work out eventually and that he still had a bright, beautiful future ahead of him with the woman he loved.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

I think they should do a complete opposite; and let Ben Reilly have a child. We’ve seen Ben at his worst, now let’s see him at his best. I think it would also positively show a glimpse of how Peter would be a dad, in 616 since they don’t have any plans currently to let Peter evolve. Bring back Jessica. She knows his ID anyways and his connection to her life. We hadn’t seen her since before Ben “died”. She could Have been pregnant and not known at the time Ben died. Granted, the child would be like, 1 or 2....

Why not let his closest “counterpart” inverse have the honor?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I think they should do a complete opposite; and let Ben Reilly have a child. We’ve seen Ben at his worst, now let’s see him at his best. I think it would also positively show a glimpse of how Peter would be a dad, in 616 since they don’t have any plans currently to let Peter evolve. Bring back Jessica. She knows his ID anyways and his connection to her life. We hadn’t seen her since before Ben “died”. She could Have been pregnant and not known at the time Ben died. Granted, the child would be like, 1 or 2....

Why not let his closest “counterpart” inverse have the honor?
    Technically, you get your wish in MC2, with the character of Darkdevil, who turns out to be Ben Reilly's son with his first love (coincidentally a redhead like Mary Jane) Elizabeth Tyne, alias Janine Godbe. The backstory on him was that since Elizabeth was serving time for killing her abusive father, her son ended up in the custody of relatives who resented and abused him, so as a young teenager, he ran away from home after manifesting spider-powers inherited from his dad. Unfortunately, he also inherited Ben's clone degeneration issues, and would've died if not for Kaine's attempt at intervention, which resulted in merging Daredevil's soul with a fragment of Zarathos, the demon that fused with Johnny Blaze to make Ghost Rider, and the kid himself, who by the time he learned how to manifest a more human appearance, looked 10 years older than he actually was. He took the name "Reilly Tyne," and went to work in a law firm while also fighting crime as Darkdevil and developing an alliance-turned-friendship with Spider-Girl, his cousin and genetic half-sister.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Problem with peter having kids is he has to have a super elevated sense of stability and self sufficiency that marvel is willing to grant the character and thus killing his normal everyman concept completely for good. No more making ends meet, no more trying to fail to pay bills, and finally no keeping secrets from the people close to him in order to strive in a hero connected world.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I voted May Day. I loved the Spider-Girl Series

I chose Mayday second child should be Annie May & third Benjie.

My fanfiction on how to introduce Mayday.
    Mayday survived and was secretly given off by Allison, probably to a relative and adopted.
    Allison Mongrain was that assassin hired by Osborne.
    Mayday grew up oblivious to her parentage. She'd eventually develop her powers.
    But instead of using her powers for good. Raised by unscrupulous people, she became a thief.
    Eventually clashing with Spider-man, but neither knowing each other.

Incredible Member

Him and Felicia having a kid would be interesting. I'm kind of disappointed that the Spiderman game copped out of going there

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I'd actually like Mayday and Anime to be siblings.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.