View Poll Results: who should be the child of Peter?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayday Parker (Spider-Girl) and Benjy Parker

45 63.38%
  • Anna May Parker (Renew Your Vows)

10 14.08%
  • Benjy and Clare Parker (Life Story)

3 4.23%
  • Other existing child of Peter from alternate realality

0 0%
  • Completely original child

13 18.31%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Problem with peter having kids is he has to have a super elevated sense of stability and self sufficiency that marvel is willing to grant the character and thus killing his normal everyman concept completely for good. No more making ends meet, no more trying to fail to pay bills, and finally no keeping secrets from the people close to him in order to strive in a hero connected world.
    I actually expect this to happen. Why? Peter no longer needs to be ( or act like) a teenager, or a slacker living in Aunt May’s basement, nor does he need to save. New York by himself. Miles can and increasing will fill the role of the teenaged Spider-Man and also take some responsibility off of Pete’’s shoulders. I also expect to see Pete remarry MJ, and start to become more successful. Maybe even have a kid ( or as I suggested before) bring over Annie from the RYV Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'd actually like Mayday and Anime to be siblings.
    When you think about it, Annie has the same colors scheme as the closest thing Mayday had to a sister (April/Mayhem)

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    When you think about it, Annie has the same colors scheme as the closest thing Mayday had to a sister (April/Mayhem)
    I also like the little touch that physically, they favor one parent as well.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

I see that we're still retreading old ground.

I hope that if he does have a child it's an entirely new character, especially since it's too late for May or Annie to be born.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I see that we're still retreading old ground.

I hope that if he does have a child it's an entirely new character, especially since it's too late for May or Annie to be born.
    I said it before you can bring Annie from her universe, just like they did with Ghost Spider Gwen.

Ultimate Member

I'd do the old have Peter have a kid with both MJ and Felicia, with MJ's daughter being the very outgoing person and wild child and Felicia's kind of like her in a sense, the ugly duckling that always got dragged into things by her older half sister before she'd get her out suit like Felicia's and come out of her shell...

So original kids I guess...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd do the old have Peter have a kid with both MJ and Felicia, with MJ's daughter being the very outgoing person and wild child and Felicia's kind of like her in a sense, the ugly duckling that always got dragged into things by her older half sister before she'd get her out suit like Felicia's and come out of her shell...

Marvel has signed contracts that prevent that from happening.

Bill Mantlo in the 80s pitched a story multiple times to have Felicia pregnant with Peter's kid. Eventually the editor sent him to EIC Jim Shooter. Shooter flat out told Mantlo it's not happening, because Marvel have signed licenses for baby products and other paraphernalia that have morality clauses that involve them not doing stories which compromise the character.

Incredible Member

That's a great idea I like it

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

Bill Mantlo in the 80s pitched a story multiple times to have Felicia pregnant with Peter's kid. Eventually the editor sent him to EIC Jim Shooter. Shooter flat out told Mantlo it's not happening, because Marvel have signed licenses for baby products and other paraphernalia that have morality clauses that involve them not doing stories which compromise the character.
    Wow
    Lol not sure how that might compromise the character
    If anything it's the opposite as he's taking responsibility for 2 children from 2 different relationships

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Wow
    Lol not sure how that might compromise the character
    If anything it's the opposite as he's taking responsibility for 2 children from 2 different relationships
    It depends on how people want to make this work. Spider-Man can't have children out of wedlock. He also can't get divorced. So that means that Peter marries one girl, becomes a widow and marries again and has another kid.

The idea that people have of Peter making both of them his babymama is just not on the cards.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

It depends on how people want to make this work. Spider-Man can't have children out of wedlock. He also can't get divorced. So that means that Peter marries one girl, becomes a widow and marries again and has another kid.

The idea that people have of Peter making both of them his babymama is just not on the cards.
    For real, if the marvel office ain't willing to have Peter even get hitched, polygamy would be an even greater reach.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

It's always been my opinion that his 616 daughter, May, is still alive. Surprised this isn't an option in the poll.

I think recent history questions that. IMO, the character has been thoroughly compromised since JMS.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-02-2020 at 01:39 PM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Ultimate Member

I'd guess that those contracts have run their course by now, the 80's were over 30 years ago and I don't remember any Marvel baby products...

My view would be then they could age the two daughters up and put them in college, both with powers and they team up to fight crime, get good grades, and navigate their relationships...

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    It's always been my opinion that his 616 daughter, May, is still alive. Surprised this isn't an option in the poll.

I think recent history questions that. IMO, the character has been thoroughly compromised since JMS.
    Are you referring to Sins Past or One More Day? Because either way, the overriding factor in that was Joe Quesada not wanting Peter to have kids, in or out of wedlock, and not wanting Peter to be married at all, since he "worked better young and swinging single."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Well, I mean, if May was still alive circa OMD (or even if she was dead), it does kinda have worrying implications. Would she be erased from existence entirely? Become property of Mephisto as a product of the marriage?

Seems like she might have a grudge against dear old dad (and probably Norman too, of course) if that were the case (and with recent upheavals in hell, she'd have plenty of opportunity to get out from Mephisto's thumb).

Now I'm not saying she may have used magic to retroactively insert herself into her parents' lives, possibly to spy on them and then ruin Peter's life when the time was right (oh hi Cindy Lawton, character that apparently knew Peter since college and yet only appeared at the start of the Spencer run!), or maybe even has a demonic alter ego which she may or may not have taken from somebody else (hi Kindred, with all the hints that you're actually Harry Osborn who showed back up right at the outset of BND in time for a hypothetical demonic baton-pass!).

I'd guess that those contracts have run their course by now, the 80's were over 30 years ago and I don't remember any Marvel baby products...

My view would be then they could age the two daughters up and put them in college, both with powers and they team up to fight crime, get good grades, and navigate their relationships...
    I think even Marvel Time would be stretched too far by that, outside of aging them up unnaturally (which kinda defeats Spidey's everyman status - I mean, he's a grad student himself right now, having two college-aged kids seems a bit much). At which point you might as well make it its own continuity.