View Poll Results: who should be the child of Peter?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mayday Parker (Spider-Girl) and Benjy Parker

45 63.38%
  • Anna May Parker (Renew Your Vows)

10 14.08%
  • Benjy and Clare Parker (Life Story)

3 4.23%
  • Other existing child of Peter from alternate realality

0 0%
  • Completely original child

13 18.31%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It would be nearly impossible for 616 Peter to have an early 20s kid under "Marvel Time" unless they bring the kid to the 616 timeline like Hope Summers (which I don't think fits Spider-Man).

This is why I am a big fan of the idea of having an MC2. Not only you can do Mayday that way (in a universe similar to 616's history), but also other legacy characters like Falcon Cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    It would be nearly impossible for 616 Peter to have an early 20s kid under "Marvel Time" unless they bring the kid to the 616 timeline like Hope Summers (which I don't think fits Spider-Man).

This is why I am a big fan of the idea of having an MC2. Not only you can do Mayday that way (in a universe similar to 616's history), but also other legacy characters like Falcon Cap.
    I think the kidnapping of Mayday allows for the writer to bring her in at an established age - three years old? five? - and then sort of leave her there pretty much indefinitely. Because we never see her age, we never have to also see Peter and MJ age.

-Pav, who loves the idea of a five year old Mayday that starts exhibiting spider powers sporadically...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Ultimate Member

They could do the old the two sisters being from an alternate future where it happened and their reality was destroyed but their Peter's dying act was to send them to the 616 verse, just so that they'd be safe, then they run into Peter and MJ and Felicia...hijinks ensue...

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Marvel has signed contracts that prevent that from happening.

Bill Mantlo in the 80s pitched a story multiple times to have Felicia pregnant with Peter's kid. Eventually the editor sent him to EIC Jim Shooter. Shooter flat out told Mantlo it's not happening, because Marvel have signed licenses for baby products and other paraphernalia that have morality clauses that involve them not doing stories which compromise the character.
    What the what?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I think the kidnapping of Mayday allows for the writer to bring her in at an established age - three years old? five? - and then sort of leave her there pretty much indefinitely. Because we never see her age, we never have to also see Peter and MJ age.

-Pav, who loves the idea of a five year old Mayday that starts exhibiting spider powers sporadically...
    The writer could also base the age of Mayday off of Normie Osborne. Who from what the recent writers say is already 10yo.
    Wouldn't Normie be the same age as Mayday?

I think the whole thing could even be written as another ploy by Mephisto to inflict pain on Spider-man. Denying Peter the joys of being a father to Mayday.
    It could even be a Dilemma for Peter if he found out. Does he inject his troubled life into Maydays peaceful upbringing?.
    or
    I'm also thinking Mayday becomes a criminal sorta. Mephisto grand plan comes to fruition. Pitting Daughter against Father.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What the what?
    Jim Shooter talked about this on multiple occassions (https://www.cbr.com/jim-shooter-interview-part-1/).

Bill Mantlo is in no condition to be interviewed owing to his accident so we will never get his side of the story (I don't know if he was interviewed by anyone in the years before his accident damaged his brain functions).

But Shooter was a friend/mentor/supporter of Mantlo and not the guy to talk smack of him. Shooter defended and kept Mantlo on payroll even after he got caught plagiarizing Harlan Ellison.

Astonishing Member

Mayday Parker

Spectacular Member

In my opinion the idea of May existing in 616 but hidden could be a good one, eventually being found by her father, I also liked the idea of Mephisto being involved to make Peter suffer taking advantage of the One More Day Deal.

I voted for original child though, I would honestly love seeing Peter being Spider-Man while having the responsability of a child, but he having his life put together, with a good job and decent place to live.

An idea of mine is that Sara Bailey was pregnant when she returned to the past and her memories were erased, so stayed away from her once he realized she wouldn't remember him and missed how Sara found out she was pregnant, not remembering the father, she raises him on her own, I think she and Peter a son indtead of a daughter, and eventually the boy develops his powers, and maybe Sara remembering Peter, and eventually takes her son to meet Peter, probaby for a while stays away fearing the risk it would expose to her son if Peter's enemies found out about his child.

The think I would like the most is that if Sara remembers Peter eventually, she will know the real Peter from the beginning, and has the gift of having spend years with Peter, him being able to be open with her, she knowing him as both Peter and Spider-Man, and having enjoyed a time where Peter didn't had enemies and they had a peaceful live together, so Sara would have known the real Peter from the beginning both with and without mask, aware of his life and tell stories to her son about him, and eventually their child becoming the new Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    What the what?
    From not being able to say pregnant on TV to not showing l talking about gay couples in public, the US is hyper conservative.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    From not being able to say pregnant on TV to not showing l talking about gay couples in public, the US is hyper conservative.
    Hollywood is not conservative, you almost have to be liberal to get hired there. When it comes to Spider-Man, both Slott and Spencer are quite liberal ( although Spencer keeps politics out of stories).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Hollywood is not conservative, you almost have to be liberal to get hired there. When it comes to Spider-Man, both Slott and Spencer are quite liberal ( although Spencer keeps politics out of stories).
    You're joking, right?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Mayday and Annie May as sisters.
    This, and a little Benjy as their baby brother.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    This, and a little Benjy as their baby brother.
    Id still rather have 2 kids who are half siblings with Peter as the Dad and MJ and Felicia as the respective mothers

Mayday is the one, true Spider-Kid ... so I choose her.

Annie and the whole RYV story dynamic needs to go away forever and ever.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mauled View Post
    Id still rather have 2 kids who are half siblings with Peter as the Dad and MJ and Felicia as the respective mothers
    That would work the best, they'd get a big house and all would live together, at least until the kids(both girls) would grow up and be off to college...