All-New Member

Default That Texas Blood

Really enjoyed #1. I like that gritty modern western feel. Liked the writing and the art. Can't wait for more.

Also I'm a newcomer hopefully I'm not breaking any rules posting. Just didn't see anything about this comic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love how well these small plot details are put together in a stunning story!

Astonishing Member

I read it last night. The dialog between the sheriff and the townspeople reminded me of Fargo. I suppose future issues will go more deeply into the sheriff's disturbing backstory. Anyway, now that they've established the setting in essentially a stand-alone issue, I look forward to seeing how they handle an extended story arc.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Was a really, really good first issue to me. I’m not sure what the plan for the season is...are we just visiting the world of these people or is there more of a direction?
    When I first saw them mentioning Breaking Bad I thought we’d be watching the sheriff crack...but some interviews seem to suggest he’s our anchor in this whole thing and we are just seeing it through his eyes.

Issue 2 just as good as the first. Welcome to my pull list, That Texas Blood.

I got the 'rejected movie pitch' feel from the first issue. Then I got to the blackmatter...

It's funny to be like 'this was supposed to be a movie, but now I can't imagine it as anything but a comic' when all the panels are widescreen shots.

Not a criticism, just an observation. But that kind of stuff bugs me a bit.

Anyone still reading this? It’s got a great atmospheric pace to it and good writing, but it’s just so slow...

Unfortunately I think I’ll have to drop the singles and maybe trade wait.

Astonishing Member

I read #6 this week, which finished the first story arc. I agree that it had great atmosphere throughout, but that seemed to be at the expense of everything else. The plot wasn't all that interesting and the slow pace made it even less so. The author wanted us to get wrapped up in the whole west Texas mystique, without giving us enough of a reason to do so.

Ultimate Member

Just finished the first arc. I liked it but it feels a little like diet Brubaker/Phillips.

Issue 7 and 8 are more of an occult mystery and I prefer it.