Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-New Member

Default That Texas Blood

Really enjoyed #1. I like that gritty modern western feel. Liked the writing and the art. Can't wait for more.

Also I'm a newcomer hopefully I'm not breaking any rules posting. Just didn't see anything about this comic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love how well these small plot details are put together in a stunning story!

Astonishing Member

I read it last night. The dialog between the sheriff and the townspeople reminded me of Fargo. I suppose future issues will go more deeply into the sheriff's disturbing backstory. Anyway, now that they've established the setting in essentially a stand-alone issue, I look forward to seeing how they handle an extended story arc.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Was a really, really good first issue to me. I’m not sure what the plan for the season is...are we just visiting the world of these people or is there more of a direction?
    When I first saw them mentioning Breaking Bad I thought we’d be watching the sheriff crack...but some interviews seem to suggest he’s our anchor in this whole thing and we are just seeing it through his eyes.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Issue 2 just as good as the first. Welcome to my pull list, That Texas Blood.

I got the 'rejected movie pitch' feel from the first issue. Then I got to the blackmatter...

It's funny to be like 'this was supposed to be a movie, but now I can't imagine it as anything but a comic' when all the panels are widescreen shots.

Not a criticism, just an observation. But that kind of stuff bugs me a bit.