Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Default Toy man: What is your favorite version.

I Still think the Toyman in the animated series Is the best one visually. The Jester version never really worked for me . A lot of the more modern ones either don’t look menacing enough or aren’t memorable.

Extraordinary Member

STAS version by a mile. That guy is terrifying. Outside of that the only time Toyman ever made an impression was when he killed Cat Grant's son in the 90s.

Mighty Member

HIRO OKAMURA

As Superboy Fan Superman/Batman #26 was a MUST READ...
    It was a GREAT Story where Tim tells the other a story when he and Conner went to Hiro in order to save him and they became friends with him.

It was so funny, but also sad when they stood at the end in front of Superboy Statue and Hiro held the Superboy Figure.

90's era child killer.

I'm in the minority here, I know, but that was a villain who was actually scary, and you could actually *do* something with him that was different from the typical "Superman fights a brightly colored bad guy" narrative. 90's Toyman was a straight crazy Arkham level psychopath and easily one of the most despicable villains Superman has ever fought. There's no one else in the rogues gallery like 90's Toyman.

I liked Hiro too, he was fun. And the DCAU Chucky rip off is somewhat interesting.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The creepy "living toy" one from STAS.

Retired

It was DC SPECIAL No. 14 (September-October 1971).

Before that, the little I saw of Toyman, there was nothing about him of note; he didn't have the long hair or the odd outfit. But the story from SUPERMAN No. 47 (July-August 1947) reprinted in DC SPECIAL made me realize that Toyman had once been a fantastic character.

My ideal Toyman would be the look from STAS and the personality from 90's Toyman.