Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    No offense but that is quite the spin. King was on there forever until some exec or whatever fired him. Tynion is killing it and has been with the bat books on and off forever and could stick around for a long time. Tomasi has 30 issues now and counting, and also killing it.
    Forever? lol. He's only been working on-and-off with DC since 2012. That's a relatively fresh face.

Personally, I think DC's reel problem is Aquaman. Who knows who will be cast in the role to fix the problem, but I guess I will just have to wait with baited breath and sea what happens.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Forever? lol. He's only been working on-and-off with DC since 2012. That's a relatively fresh face.
    Correct.

However Tynion is gaing better press with his indy books at Boom. If Dc is not careful you might not have him forever because a bigger and maybe better deal could come from someone else.

We saw what Dc did to steal Bendis from his kids-Miles & Riri.

Does he stay if Marvel was to say offer Cap America or Peter Parker or Thor?

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    The number of people willing to deny that gender discrimination even exists it mind boggling.
    Sad but true.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    Sad but true.
    The number of people who give their money to companies they consider discriminatory. Its mind boggling

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Correct.

However Tynion is gaing better press with his indy books at Boom. If Dc is not careful you might not have him forever because a bigger and maybe better deal could come from someone else.

We saw what Dc did to steal Bendis from his kids-Miles & Riri.

Does he stay if Marvel was to say offer Cap America or Peter Parker or Thor?
    I mean, they're keeping him on Batman and that's like the biggest title in comics alongside Spider-Man.

[edited because it's not worth getting into - I post on comic book websites as a respite from the BS of the day - not to be dragged into it....]
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-02-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    [edited because it's not worth getting into - I post on comic book websites as a respite from the BS of the day - not to be dragged into it....]
    I wish I had the willpower to abstain myself from that as well. So far it's not going well.
    Last edited by Johnny; 07-02-2020 at 05:28 PM.

Mighty Member

I would like to see more women writing for DC, particularly on female heroine comics like Wonder Woman. I'm not sure what percent of women are reading super hero comics, but they make up close to 40% comic buyers these days, that's a growing market share that DC should capitalize on, as they have a clear advantage over Marvel when it comes to established female characters.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maninthemacintosh1606 View Post
    Personally, I think DC's reel problem is Aquaman. Who knows who will be cast in the role to fix the problem, but I guess I will just have to wait with baited breath and sea what happens.
    slow clap

Y'see? This guy gets it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The no face guy View Post
    I would like to see more women writing for DC, particularly on female heroine comics like Wonder Woman. I'm not sure what percent of women are reading super hero comics, but they make up close to 40% comic buyers these days, that's a growing market share that DC should capitalize on, as they have a clear advantage over Marvel when it comes to established female characters.
    This has improved but there's so much change required to letting women and minority voices on titles it feels like snail's pace. Especially on big titles like Green Lantern, Justice League and Flash. Treating lower rungs titles, like Batgirl, like trash just maintains this attitude which only hurts DC, its creators and the readers.

DC's reel problem is the DCEU. You can thank Hack Snyder for that one.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    slow clap

Y'see? This guy gets it.
    oh yeah