Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Okay, I think we all need to take a chill pill and move on. I escalated the situation by letting my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize to everyone. But before the situation gets even more out of hand, I'll ask the mods to close and lock this thread.
    I've tried sending you a direct message here but it says your inbox is full

Arrow

Yeah, sure. It was. I was over the line. But who cares? None of this matters. We all die, these comics burn up, and nothing is accomplished except wasted years and wasted time.
    Dude, you get way too angry about this stuff. I used to get upset a lot also, however, recently I've become apathetic. I decided that comic books aren't worth damaging my health with high blood pressure (for example). If someone expresses a different opinion, let them do so. We all don't enjoy the same things, such is life.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I've tried sending you a direct message here but it says your inbox is full
    You can send it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Dude, you get way too angry about this stuff. I used to get upset a lot also, however, recently I've become apathetic. I decided that comic books aren't worth damaging my health with high blood pressure (for example). If someone expresses a different opinion, let them do so. We all don't enjoy the same things, such is life.
    I would agree, but I often...take issue with the source of those opinions. I look at more about why they're saying it rather than what they're saying. It's a weird scenario, but it's how I operate. I apologize for how angry I get, but I am passionate: I care about writing, stories, and the way they are told. Spider-Man is my favorite superhero, and has been a part of my life from the very beginning. It's just a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    No, because most of these things don't involve Peter. He is just going to college again and doing normal Spider-Man things while other characters get new things to do like MJ's movie, Jonah's podcast, Jamie's future manipulation, Kindred's plans, et cetera while Peter just goes onto the next three issue arc that is likely more important and fresh for someone else, but not him. Other characters are getting into interesting scenarios, but Spider-Man isn't involved. The cool stuff is orbiting around him. I am assuming after #850 Kindred will do something that will actually change Peter's status quo, but after 2 years and 40+ issues, the most the main protagonist of a book should have going on shouldn't be getting a dog. When ASM relaunched with other books in 2018, Iron Man was having an existential identity crisis, Venom was the scion of a primordial deity, and Hulk was Satan by December.
    Lots of Spider-Man fans get mad when Peter's life is interesting, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Lots of Spider-Man fans get mad when Peter's life is interesting, for some reason.
    I don't think fans get mad when his life isn't interesting, just when what's being touted as "interesting" doesn't fit the character or just isn't written very well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    What is your idea of interesting, if you don't mind me asking?

What did you think of Nick Spencer's run so far?
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 06-29-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Okay, I think we all need to take a chill pill and move on. I escalated the situation by letting my emotions get the best of me, and I apologize to everyone. But before the situation gets even more out of hand, I'll ask the mods to close and lock this thread.
    The mods don't need to "close and lock this thread;" it's a great topic. They just need to clean it up by deleting all of your nasty, profane, off topic, personal attacks.
    Last edited by Uncanny Mutie; 06-30-2020 at 08:52 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    The mods don't need to "close and lock this thread;" it's a great topic. They just need to clean it up by deleting all of your nasty, profane, off topic, personal attacks.
    I spoke with Webslingwonder via personal message. He has apologized to me and in turn i apologized to him for provoking his anger. Whether or not he comes here to apologize is his decision but i agree - the mods should clean the thread up so we can all get back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I spoke with Webslingwonder via personal message. He has apologized to me and in turn i apologized to him for provoking his anger. Whether or not he comes here to apologize is his decision but i agree - the mods should clean the thread up so we can all get back on topic.
    Like xpyred said, I formally apologize for all that I said. I was rude, hurtful, and inconsiderate. And yes: we just need to get back on topic.

If it makes everyone feel better, I'll make this my last post on these boards. I am sorry that my words hurt and I am sorry for who I am to you. I don't want to cause anyone anymore burden and I wish you no harm. Goodbye, everyone.

Astonishing Member

I read everything up until Hunted. So far I found most of Nick Spencer's run boring. My problem is there hasn't been a lot of focus on Peter past the first volume. Most of the focus has been on the supporting characters. Peter is kinda just there. I mean, that's fine for a story or two, and a lot of the things he does with them is good, but it gets tedious reading about 20 issues of that. At some point the narrative should go back to Peter's POV.

For those who are caught up, does this pattern continue after Hunted?
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 06-30-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I read everything up until Hunted. So far I found most of Nick Spencer's run boring. My problem is there hasn't been a lot of focus on Peter past the first volume. Most of the focus has been on the supporting characters. Peter is kinda just there. I mean, that's fine for a story or two, and a lot of the things he does with them is good, but it gets tedious reading about 20 issues of that. At some point the narrative should go back to Peter's POV.

There are two single-issue stories all about Peter and his feewings, but otherwise yes. But the stories in this second year have also just been generally more interesting overall , so I think the book's been improving.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post

I mean, whether we get deep introspection of his character or not, Peter is still central enough to the story that I think he's still the focus and he generally has narration that illustrates the main points of the story/arc.

But that's just my take on it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, whether we get deep introspection of his character or not, Peter is still central enough to the story that I think he's still the focus and he generally has narration that illustrates the main points of the story/arc.

But that's just my take on it.
    From issue # 11 till the end of Hunted, I felt like Peter was just there. I would get glimpses into what he is thinking here and there, but for the most he felt like a bystander. That's mainly why I got bored of it (as much as I liked the things Spencer did with MJ, Aunt May, and Black Cat).