Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

early prediction: The last page of the main story in 850 reveals who Kindred is.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    early prediction: The last page of the main story in 850 reveals who Kindred is.
    I think you might be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    But when every character in the run has a more interesting life than Spider-Man, is the book really about him, the most boring character in the series? Can I read more Gog comics? That was great. Can Pete have his back broken so Fred can become the next legacy Spider-Man? That'd be dope.
    But these characters are part of Spider-Man's life, so doesn't that make his life interesting as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But these characters are part of Spider-Man's life, so doesn't that make his life interesting as a result?
    Apparently it's not enough for some fans unfortunately. They want only Peter's monologues every issue, no other characters showing up whatsoever, and just Peter on the page. Otherwise, he ends up being "boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    No, because most of these things don't involve Peter. He is just going to college again and doing normal Spider-Man things while other characters get new things to do like MJ's movie, Jonah's podcast, Jamie's future manipulation, Kindred's plans, et cetera while Peter just goes onto the next three issue arc that is likely more important and fresh for someone else, but not him. Other characters are getting into interesting scenarios, but Spider-Man isn't involved. The cool stuff is orbiting around him. I am assuming after #850 Kindred will do something that will actually change Peter's status quo, but after 2 years and 40+ issues, the most the main protagonist of a book should have going on shouldn't be getting a dog. When ASM relaunched with other books in 2018, Iron Man was having an existential identity crisis, Venom was the scion of a primordial deity, and Hulk was Satan by December.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    What if Kindred looks just like Cable, but is later revealed to be a clone?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

No, because most of these things don't involve Peter. He is just going to college again and doing normal Spider-Man things while other characters get new things to do like MJ's movie, Jonah's podcast, Jamie's future manipulation, Kindred's plans, et cetera while Peter just goes onto the next three issue arc that is likely more important and fresh for someone else, but not him. Other characters are getting into interesting scenarios, but Spider-Man isn't involved. The cool stuff is orbiting around him. I am assuming after #850 Kindred will do something that will actually change Peter's status quo, but after 2 years and 40+ issues, the most the main protagonist of a book should have going on shouldn't be getting a dog. When ASM relaunched with other books in 2018, Iron Man was having an existential identity crisis, Venom was the scion of a primordial deity, and Hulk was Satan by December.
    Hulk isn't Satan, he's Satan's conduit into this world. More like the Antichrist, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    What if Kindred looks just like Cable, but is later revealed to be a clone?
    Nice one.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I'm disappointed in you. You used to be a champion of Spencer's run and now you're just following the crowd.

I must confess, I've become increasingly convinced they're building up to something with the marriage. Between Peter's abortive proposal, the various demonic connections Kindred has and that they were planning to put out a True Believers reprint of ASM Annual #21, it feels like it's building up to something.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I must confess, I've become increasingly convinced they're building up to something with the marriage. Between Peter's abortive proposal, the various demonic connections Kindred has and that they were planning to put out a True Believers reprint of ASM Annual #21, it feels like it's building up to something.
    I think you might be right! It wouldn't surprise me if he proposed in #850! But remember: something happens in #48 (the issue right before #850) that'll get fans talking for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    I'm disappointed in you. You used to be a champion of Spencer's run and now you're just following the crowd.
    I am Spencer's #1 stan and will never truly lose faith in my God.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I am Spencer's #1 stan and will never truly lose faith in my God.
    He's not God, so you don't have to say that. But he's a good Spider-Man writer who is doing his best. You might not like it, but there are a lot of reasons to like and/or love the title right now.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Got to agree. Hulk has just #34 and he has been through way more in that than Peter has in 43 issues. Hunted was the last big thing and aside from that it’s felt like filler until the next big event which is of course Sins Rising.
    I think things will pick up more in the coming issues - but the series has been flagging for some time. I’d probably put it down to poor pacing than character development...

I still don't think it's fair to compare the development/pacing of both. I don't think it's fair at all.

Yeah, but he's connected to a lot of it, like Jonah's podcast and being the center of Kindred's plan...we still don't really know how MJ's stuff is going to connect back or how the stuff with Mysterio is going to shake up, but at the rate things are going it will probably be resolved in Peter's book.

Considering how the last run had him going from super-scientist to Parker Industries, to just being back at the Bugle again, I think it's fine that Spider-Man is just, well...Spider-Man.