Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how the last run had him going from super-scientist to Parker Industries, to just being back at the Bugle again, I think it's fine that Spider-Man is just, well...Spider-Man.
    But isn't that exactly the problem? Peter hasn't done much in growing since he graduated college. The marriage was growth but then it removed and we got Peter back to jumping from apartment to apartment and roommate to roommate. Every relationship ends similarly with the woman hating him or never to be seen again. Spencer's run started with Peter back at college and working for the bugle and then what? Where's the college now? what happened to the bugle? We have seen nothing regarding those. And if we have then I'm going to have to go back and read all 40+ issues again because this kindred thing has been dragging for some long that I can't even focus on any of the other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    But isn't that exactly the problem? Peter hasn't done much in growing since he graduated college. The marriage was growth but then it removed and we got Peter back to jumping from apartment to apartment and roommate to roommate. Every relationship ends similarly with the woman hating him or never to be seen again. Spencer's run started with Peter back at college and working for the bugle and then what? Where's the college now? what happened to the bugle? We have seen nothing regarding those. And if we have then I'm going to have to go back and read all 40+ issues again because this kindred thing has been dragging for some long that I can't even focus on any of the other stuff.
    Um, have you literally read the series???
    - Peter is in college, having joined ESU in #25 and was working on his classes and such last seen in #37
    - The Bugle is still there but he got fired in #1. Peter was then offered a job in #40 by Norah Winters for Threats and Menaces.com, the tabloid/Twitter-like news site.
    - Peter actually has a stable relationship with his roommates, Randy and Fred, and a stable apartment.

Keep it coming...these "complaints" are little more than random instances of readers not paying attention to what they're reading.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    - Peter is in college, having joined ESU in #25 and was working on his classes and such last seen in #37
    - The Bugle is still there but he got fired in #1. Peter was then offered a job in #40 by Norah Winters for Threats and Menaces.com, the tabloid/Twitter-like news site.
    - Peter actually has a stable relationship with his roommates, Randy and Fred, and a stable apartment.

Keep it coming...these "complaints" are little more than random instances of readers not paying attention to what they're reading.
    And if you go by his appearances in Ghost-Spider-Gwen, he's also working as a teaching assistant in ESU.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And if you go by his appearances in Ghost-Spider-Gwen, he's also working as a teaching assistant in ESU.
    Exactly! Thank you!

BANNED

I hate nick spencer. The sooner he gets off the main titoe, the soon i can return to reading spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    I hate nick spencer. The sooner he gets off the main titoe, the soon i can return to reading spiderman.
    Then why did you comment here? Honestly.

BANNED

Just wanted to voice my opinion.

Incredible Member

Read what I said. It's been so long since ANYTHING significant has happened. First of all we haven't had a new issue in months except for the Gog origin story which does nothing for Peter's personal life except introduce "a pet." Not a real big development there. Before that we had the Absolute Carnage crap fest with NOTHING added to peter's personal growth there. Before that was the Kraven story where we got a CLONE of kraven who will sit on the sidelines and do NOTHING like the real kraven did since Grim Hunt. NO growth there. I can't even remember anything before the Kraven story because it just seems to be dragging but I DID IN FACT STATE it's been so long that I may have to read again. My complaints are that having been reading Spider-Man since I started reading Spider-Man since I was 10 years old back when the Anitmated series started and just after Harry died in Spectacular 200, I have seen a bunch of ridiculous nonsense and then I've seen Brand New Day introduce nothing but Pathetic Peter who has zero growth. The guy is smart and does **** with his intelligence. ThTs BORING and an outdated trope. That's my complaint. Yeah he's in college doing WHAT? I have to read Spider Gwen to see what Peter is doing in school? No thanks. Not a fan of Spider Gwen or any Gwen and don't feel like dropping 3.99 on a title for one or two pages of Peter in college in any capacity. Peter has a great relationship with his roommates. Okay? What's your point? How about Peter grow up and live on his own and have great relationships with his friends like a normal every man. I don't care about randy or boomerang as roommates. The Randy roommate story happened shortly after the 1998 renunbering and where did it go? Nowhere is where it went.

Peter with the room mates all the time. He's a grown ass man. Peter getting fired from multiple jobs. How do you fans enjoy this? I don't enjoy it. I stopped buying physical books after Slott left the book. Now I buy digital and question it because I feel like I've read all these stories already. And let me state again since you glossed over it; it's been so long since anything memorable happened regarding work or college that I will have to go back and read it again.

Read what I said. It's been so long since ANYTHING significant has happened. First of all we haven't had a new issue in months except for the Gog origin story which does nothing for Peter's personal life except introduce "a pet." Not a real big development there. Before that we had the Absolute Carnage crap fest with NOTHING added to peter's personal growth there. Before that was the Kraven story where we got a CLONE of kraven who will sit on the sidelines and do NOTHING like the real kraven did since Grim Hunt. NO growth there. I can't even remember anything before the Kraven story because it just seems to be dragging but I DID IN FACT STATE it's been so long that I may have to read again. My complaints are that having been reading Spider-Man since I started reading Spider-Man since I was 10 years old back when the Anitmated series started and just after Harry died in Spectacular 200, I have seen a bunch of ridiculous nonsense and then I've seen Brand New Day introduce nothing but Pathetic Peter who has zero growth. The guy is smart and does **** with his intelligence. ThTs BORING and an outdated trope. That's my complaint. Yeah he's in college doing WHAT? I have to read Spider Gwen to see what Peter is doing in school? No thanks. Not a fan of Spider Gwen or any Gwen and don't feel like dropping 3.99 on a title for one or two pages of Peter in college in any capacity. Peter has a great relationship with his roommates. Okay? What's your point? How about Peter grow up and live on his own and have great relationships with his friends like a normal every man. I don't care about randy or boomerang as roommates. The Randy roommate story happened shortly after the 1998 renunbering and where did it go? Nowhere is where it went.

Peter with the room mates all the time. He's a grown ass man. Peter getting fired from multiple jobs. How do you fans enjoy this? I don't enjoy it. I stopped buying physical books after Slott left the book. Now I buy digital and question it because I feel like I've read all these stories already. And let me state again since you glossed over it; it's been so long since anything memorable happened regarding work or college that I will have to go back and read it again.
    EDITED to remove profanity
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 06-28-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Incredible Member

Oh **** you. No one gives a flying **** you moron
    And this is the type of comment this board allows? I remember when I was an angry teenage and got banned from the original comic book resources for saying "****."
    Last edited by xpyred; 06-28-2020 at 04:50 PM.

And this is the type of comment this board allows? I remember when I was an angry teenage and got banned from the original comic book resources for saying "****."
    Only because you are saying things that don't make sense. It's because you are being crazy and weird.

Incredible Member

Only because you are saying things that don't make sense. It's because you are being crazy and weird.
    When Dan Slott was On the books, everyone here was crapping on him and wishing him off the book. Iron Man fans are doing the same thing to him or at least they were until it was recently reported he was leaving that title soon. Now I stated twice that I have read the books and don't remember much happening. I didn't say I hated Nick Spencer. I read his Captain America and waited until the end while many people here were sending him death threats for Hydra Cap. My point is that with the delays because of Covid, plus the drawn out story of Kindred, it sort of feels like nothing is happening. You call me crazy and weird for having an opinion that's others here have also noted? You curse me out for sharing an opinion and tell me no one cares? Then what's the point of these boards? What's the point of an opinion - an opinion that I never stated as FACT or pushed onto you or anyone else. I don't like the current drawn out Kindred story and feel other plot points aren't relevant. That's my opinion. If this means I should "**** off" and I'm crazy then more power to you for feeling that way.

When Dan Slott was On the books, everyone here was crapping on him and wishing him off the book. Iron Man fans are doing the same thing to him or at least they were until it was recently reported he was leaving that title soon. Now I stated twice that I have read the books and don't remember much happening. I didn't say I hated Nick Spencer. I read his Captain America and waited until the end while many people here were sending him death threats for Hydra Cap. My point is that with the delays because of Covid, plus the drawn out story of Kindred, it sort of feels like nothing is happening. You call me crazy and weird for having an opinion that's others here have also noted? You curse me out for sharing an opinion and tell me no one cares? Then what's the point of these boards? What's the point of an opinion - an opinion that I never stated as FACT or pushed onto you or anyone else. I don't like the current drawn out Kindred story and feel other plot points aren't relevant. That's my opinion. If this means I should "**** off" and I'm crazy then more power to you for feeling that way.
    EDITED to remove profanity
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 06-28-2020 at 08:35 PM.

Incredible Member

If you don't care about the opinions of other users that do not match your own, then why make these threads and why continue to reply to them? I don't understand the logic. I wasn't rude to you. I don't believe I was rude to anyone or this particular thread. I didn't call myself a Spider-Man god or guru. So what is the problem? I don't agree with you and you don't like my response so therefore I am crazy, weird and can you tell me to "**** off" yet you also don't care about my opinion. I'm done. To hell with this.

If you don't care about the opinions of other users that do not match your own, then why make these threads and why continue to reply to them? I don't understand the logic. I wasn't rude to you. I don't believe I was rude to anyone or this particular thread. I didn't call myself a Spider-Man god or guru. So what is the problem? I don't agree with you and you don't like my response so therefore I am crazy, weird and can you tell me to "**** off" yet you also don't care about my opinion. I'm done. To hell with this.
    Goodbye, xpyred.

EDIT: I was out of line here and I let my emotions get the best of me. I'm sorry.
    Last edited by WebSlingWonder; 06-28-2020 at 08:36 PM.