Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ok. Why does it matter whether superman is married or not? It's soap opera with same characters that's going on and on since ac#1. Sooner or later supes would get married and it will get dissolved as well. Personally, unless they try something totally new like superman marries swampthing with alan moore giving them blessings. It's a trivial detail. Nothing to talk about
    For me it matters because the dynamic between Lois and Clark is a big part of the mythos. When that isn't interesting you lose something. It can still function but its still a loss. And for my money the dynamic hasn't been interesting since about the time their honeymoon literally ended at the end of '96. Its been a downward tailspin ever since. It had a five year break for the New 52, and came back as the exact same monumental bore. There's zero spark, so to me something should change. And a kid, at least this kid, hasn't been the answer. He's done nothing to reinvigorate their dynamic, and understandable as supplementing them was never the goal with him. So to me its not trivial. You gotta have that spark with her. Rivals, lovers, friends, whatever the dynamic may be, nothing has to be set in stone just so long as its engaging. And as marrieds its been watching paint dry. That hasn't changed in two decades now so I gave up hope long ago it will.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-01-2020 at 08:16 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    For me it matters because the dynamic between Lois and Clark is a big part of the mythos. When that isn't interesting you lose something. It can still function but its still a loss. And for my money the dynamic hasn't been interesting since about the time their honeymoon literally ended at the end of '96. Its been a downward tailspin ever since. It had a five year break for the New 52, and came back as the exact same monumental bore. There's zero spark, so to me something should change. And a kid, at least this kid, hasn't been the answer. He's done nothing to reinvigorate their dynamic, and understandable as supplementing them was never the goal with him. So to me its not trivial. You gotta have that spark with her. Rivals, lovers, friends, whatever the dynamic may be, nothing has to be set in stone just so long as its engaging. And as marrieds its been watching paint dry. That hasn't changed in two decades now so I gave up hope long ago it will.
    I believe that Clark and Lois dynamic working is more about the writing than the status quo. They can work separeted but they can also work together, honestly the only thing lost by the two marrying is the possibility of pairing Superman with someone else, be it Lana, Diana or Maxima.

The approach Kurt Busiek suggested on his q&a thread would be ideal, the writers could just tell tales from different periods of Superman life, you want a story of a young, single Clark with Maxima? We can have. Want a more experienced Superman, already married and with a kid? Next issue. Something a little similar with Conan or what Aaron did with Thor.