Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Astonishing Member ChrisIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,121

    Default Jurassic World III to bring back original human villain from first film

    Reportedly, the character of Lewis Dodgson (played by actor Campbell Scott this time) will return, possibly meaning the return of JP's original villains-the company Biosyn, Ingen's rival, who bribed Nedry and pretty much caused the whole incident in the first place.


    While The Lost World novel and pretty much every comic book or video game continued to portray Biosyn and Dodgson as the main antagonists, the films pretty much took a different approach-with the human bad guys mainly coming from within Hammond (and later Masarati's) company, Ingen (James Cromwell's plan was also corrupted by his own subordinates).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

    https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

  2. #2
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Reportedly, the character of Lewis Dodgson (played by actor Campbell Scott this time) will return, possibly meaning the return of JP's original villains-the company Biosyn, Ingen's rival, who bribed Nedry and pretty much caused the whole incident in the first place.


    While The Lost World novel and pretty much every comic book or video game continued to portray Biosyn and Dodgson as the main antagonists, the films pretty much took a different approach-with the human bad guys mainly coming from within Hammond (and later Masarati's) company, Ingen (James Cromwell's plan was also corrupted by his own subordinates).
    I thought they were building toward Henry Wu being the main villain.

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,223

    Default

    Would bringing Dodgson back accomplish that much? He was just a middle man. Now, bringing back BioSyn (or whatever what they want to call the unnamed company Nedery tried to steal for), that could be interesting.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I thought they were building toward Henry Wu being the main villain.
    Henry Wu will likely always play the Dragon trope in that he's a mercenary scientist

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Would bringing Dodgson back accomplish that much? He was just a middle man. Now, bringing back BioSyn (or whatever what they want to call the unnamed company Nedery tried to steal for), that could be interesting.
    He was the head of research of Biosyn in the novel(he had virtually no backstory beyond working for Biosyn in the movie) and basically the dirtiest most criminal kind of researcher you could find(doing stuff like secret rabies tests on Chilean farmer that killed a dozen people). Of course he also got eaten alive by baby Tyrannosaurs in the Lost World novel, but even then it show Crichton thought of him as the main antagonist when he brought him back

  5. #5
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Was this the character Dennis Nedry is talking to in an early scene in JP?

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Was this the character Dennis Nedry is talking to in an early scene in JP?
    That's him, he's the "see no one cares" meme guy

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    He was the head of research of Biosyn in the novel(he had virtually no backstory beyond working for Biosyn in the movie) and basically the dirtiest most criminal kind of researcher you could find(doing stuff like secret rabies tests on Chilean farmer that killed a dozen people). Of course he also got eaten alive by baby Tyrannosaurs in the Lost World novel, but even then it show Crichton thought of him as the main antagonist when he brought him back
    I was thinking in the context of the movies, not the books. Course, I guess even if his role could be played by anyone, it would have more weight as someone we met before. (This will be the first time since the Redemption comics that Dodgson has come back in the film franchise.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •