Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Default JSA 2020 Appreciation

d7v9yeb-57dcfb93-a906-408e-99f9-aa806a763858.jpg

The first, the greatest, and all their descendents!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    d7v9yeb-57dcfb93-a906-408e-99f9-aa806a763858.jpg

The first, the greatest, and all their descendents!
    It was always weird to me that back in the silver age and Bronze Age they didn’t have Hawkgirl as a member.

I honestly hope that we get a new ongoing series soon with the Doomsday Clock team plus Khalid Nassour (he’s grown on me and I think he would do well as Nelson’s descendant on the team).

I will say this though, they need to rerelease some of their old series like the archive editions because those are now more expensive out of print.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It was always weird to me that back in the silver age and Bronze Age they didn’t have Hawkgirl as a member.
    Good point, especially as she guested in some of Hawkman's solo segments in the early All-Star Comics.

Boisterously Confused

One of my fav things about the E2 JSA was they were a fantastic way to experiment with legacy. Writers could grow Robin up without crowding Batman (although I'll confess, the first costume was hideous).

Ultimate Member

I wish they'd be back in canon already. I loved the old team mixture of new and old. Johns made me love the concept

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wish they'd be back in canon already. I loved the old team mixture of new and old. Johns made me love the concept
    I mean they kind of are, they just aren’t showing up in a prominent manner they just show up here or there. They showed back up thanks to Doomsday Clock but what have they really gotten?

-Jakeem Thunder in Teen Titans
    -Jesse Quick in Flash
    -The occasional 40’s set stories with Wonder Woman, Jay, and Alan
    -Hawkman time traveling
    -And from the looks of it, Death Metal #2

Kind of why we have to hope that Scott Snyder is telling the truth about making Doomsday Clock matter more with Death Metal.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Kinda wish they would insert Mr.Majestic in to replace Golden Age Supermans role, and time travelling DC 1 million Batman as the analog of Golden Age Batman. Of course have him renamed the Bat and be an urban myth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Kinda wish they would insert Mr.Majestic in to replace Golden Age Supermans role, and time travelling DC 1 million Batman as the analog of Golden Age Batman. Of course have him renamed the Bat and be an urban myth.
    That sounds similar to Hippolyta being the Golden Age Wonder Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean they kind of are, they just aren’t showing up in a prominent manner they just show up here or there. They showed back up thanks to Doomsday Clock but what have they really gotten?

-Jakeem Thunder in Teen Titans
    -Jesse Quick in Flash
    -The occasional 40’s set stories with Wonder Woman, Jay, and Alan
    -Hawkman time traveling
    -And from the looks of it, Death Metal #2

Kind of why we have to hope that Scott Snyder is telling the truth about making Doomsday Clock matter more with Death Metal.
    Only time will tell. Lets see what their role is in issue two.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member

Well, along with a few other things, a JSA ongoing is near the top of my DC wishlist. Which at the moment is heavily involved with the JSA, some sort of return for the various Giffen/Dematteis League titles' sundry casts, some Silver Age stuff, and LEGION/REBELS stuff.

I'd kind of like the Johns line-up back, though they could shuttle a lot of the more minor ones off to occasional use land to streamline the team. I mean how many folks want to see the guy with the whip and nothing else going for him as a regular? But you could still keep him around, ready to use if someone can come up with a good story for him. The same goes for other minor members. Possibly a second JSA title to use as a rotating Showcase sort of thing for JSA member stories. Solo titles for some of the more major JSA characters. GL, (Alan of course), Flash, Dr. Fate, Power Girl, Hawkman, Wildcat, Dr. Midnite, Stargirl and STRIPE, Hourman...all these should IMO get either minis or solo titles of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Watch it be Flashpoint Batman instead, just to have that classic Batman with purple gloves and a gun.

That sounds similar to Hippolyta being the Golden Age Wonder Woman.
    I actually really liked that idea, obviously it involved some serious time travel and around this time it would be retconning but I thought it was a pretty interesting idea if they were just going to do away with Golden Age Wonder Woman.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

If you had to choose one of each of these for your JSA roster, who would it be:

Tom Bronson or Yolonda Montez
    Peter Cross or Beth Chapel
    Atom Smasher or Damage
    Rick Tyler or Android Hourman
    Jack Knight (out of retirement) or another Starman
    Hippolyta or Diana
    Shiera or Kendra
    Hector or Khalid or Kent V.
    Jade or Alan
    Jesse Chambers or Jay Garrick

If you had to choose one of each of these for your JSA roster, who would it be:

Tom Bronson or Yolonda Montez
    Peter Cross or Beth Chapel
    Atom Smasher or Damage
    Rick Tyler or Android Hourman
    Jack Knight (out of retirement) or another Starman
    Hippolyta or Diana
    Shiera or Kendra
    Hector or Khalid or Kent V.
    Jade or Alan
    Jesse Chambers or Jay Garrick
    I have a feeling that my choices may not go over very well with some, see I wanted to go for the whole idea of the next generation of the JSA, the people who take over if heroes get too old. Yolanda was the hardest pick because I actually really like Tom.

Yolanda
    Beth
    Damage
    Rick Tyler
    Can I pick Stargirl?
    Could I perhaps pick Nubia or even earth 2 Fury instead?
    Kendra
    Khalid
    Jade
    Jesse Chambers
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I must admit this is my favorite JSA. Johns did a great job. Still hope to see Wesley Dodd’s the sandman return somehow. Sandy can still be Sand. Sandman and Sand has a nice ring to it. Love to see Ma Hunkel in her clunky costume and Cyclone team up as well. DC could make multiple books out of the JSA. What are they waiting for?