Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, agreed.

"Lets have everyone join!"
    Everyone being "Blue Devil and three of Guggenheim's own creations." And Guggenheim trying to inflict as much irreparable damage on the JSA's most senior or most powerful members as possible starting with his first issue.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 98061I think Nicolla should do every book at DC.
    I fixed that for you, but I'll agree she should start with JSA.

Discussion moves fast. How could I not chime in and voice my love for DC's best super team?

You know I’m interested to see if they plan on having Carter and Shayera Hol on the team or Kendra, I assume there exists the possibility that they could bring in all three but then I imagine there would be a lot of awkward interactions between them all.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Everyone being "Blue Devil and three of Guggenheim's own creations." And Guggenheim trying to inflict as much irreparable damage on the JSA's most senior or most powerful members as possible starting with his first issue.
    Was he the one who opened with 'Jay, why didn't you kill that baby? You monster!'?

Do we still consider the Black Canary's (Dinah Lance and her mother) as part of the JSA? It's a little hard to tell with continuity at the moment because I am not even sure Dinah Drake even exists.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Do we still consider the Black Canary's (Dinah Lance and her mother) as part of the JSA? It's a little hard to tell with continuity at the moment because I am not even sure Dinah Drake even exists.
    Doomsday Clock aside, we don't know the status of the JSA themselves. Wait and see, I guess

Extraordinary Member

I wonder if the new JSA will get Hawkman?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I wonder if the new JSA will get Hawkman?
    I think the current Hawkman and Shayera would make for interesting members to the team, plus it seems like Vendetti is hinting at it a bit with his current Hawkman ongoing.

I’m personally hoping that Khalid Nassour makes the cut. I think Tynion did a good job with him in Justice League Dark plus he’s a legacy to Kent Nelson who I think would fit well amongst a team of JSA legacies.
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

In the original 5G timeline, Black Canary's debut was pushed earlier to 1940 so she could join the JSA prior to '47. I don't see any reason why they would change their minds on that. Pushing the debuts of both incarnations of Black Canary earlier makes sense.

I hope they stick with the Post-Infinite Crisis idea that both Diana and Dinah were there from the start of the JLA. The earlier you break up the boy's club status quo, the better, even if it requires some minor retconning to do it. Substituting Dinah for Diana didn't ever work for me, but having them both be on the team works perfectly because it allows the broad strokes of the original Silver Age stories and JLA: Year One to co-exist with each other with only slight squinting at the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    In the original 5G timeline, Black Canary's debut was pushed earlier to 1940 so she could join the JSA prior to '47. I don't see any reason why they would change their minds on that. Pushing the debuts of both incarnations of Black Canary earlier makes sense.

I hope they stick with the Post-Infinite Crisis idea that both Diana and Dinah were there from the start of the JLA. The earlier you break up the boy's club status quo, the better, even if it requires some minor retconning to do it. Substituting Dinah for Diana didn't ever work for me, but having them both be on the team works perfectly because it allows the broad strokes of the original Silver Age stories and JLA: Year One to co-exist with each other with only slight squinting at the details.
    I don't think you need to change the Founding Seven (Vic is probably going to be out one way or another) but just probably add female members earlier to the group.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think you need to change the Founding Seven (Vic is probably going to be out one way or another) but just probably add female members earlier to the group.
    That's what I suspect will happen and was the general status quo post-Infinite Crisis. Wonder Woman was back as a founder, but everything Black Canary did was still there, implying that she joined immediately afterwards during the Appelexian's invasion.

Vic is definitely back as a New Teen Titan, but his Super Friends era membership is probably back in, so he has been a member since the end of the Satellite Era.

In my head canon, one of the Appellexians used a mysterious time shenanigans device that reset the timeline to one week prior to their defeat at the hands of the JSA, during which time Batman and Wonder Woman were deliberately sidetracked out of the way in order for the invasion to be successful, but Dinah ended up getting involved and the Appellexian invasion failed a "second" time before the timeline hiccuped again, leaving both Diana and Dinah as founding members.

I think the current Hawkman and Shayera would make for interesting members to the team, plus it seems like Vendetti is hinting at it a bit with his current Hawkman ongoing.

I’m personally hoping that Khalid Nassour makes the cut. I think Tynion did a good job with him in Justice League Dark plus he’s a legacy to Kent Nelson who I think would fit well amongst a team of JSA legacies.

This is such a hard choice for me. I'm a 80's kid and I still see Katar and Shayera as Justice League members so to see them, especially Shayera on the JSA would be weird. I just wished they could separate Katar Hol from Carter Hall somehow. If there can be 3 Flashes, 5 Earth Green Lanterns, 2 Superboys, and a Shazam family, then there can be 2 Hawkmen a Hawkwoman and a Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's what I suspect will happen and was the general status quo post-Infinite Crisis. Wonder Woman was back as a founder, but everything Black Canary did was still there, implying that she joined immediately afterwards during the Appelexian's invasion.

Vic is definitely back as a New Teen Titan, but his Super Friends era membership is probably back in, so he has been a member since the end of the Satellite Era.

In my head canon, one of the Appellexians used a mysterious time shenanigans device that reset the timeline to one week prior to their defeat at the hands of the JSA, during which time Batman and Wonder Woman were deliberately sidetracked out of the way in order for the invasion to be successful, but Dinah ended up getting involved and the Appellexian invasion failed a "second" time before the timeline hiccuped again, leaving both Diana and Dinah as founding members.
    It would make the most sense. Green Arrow is usually people's go-to for the next major person to join the League so it would make sense he and Dinah would join up at around the same time.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    This is such a hard choice for me. I'm a 80's kid and I still see Katar and Shayera as Justice League members so to see them, especially Shayera on the JSA would be weird. I just wished they could separate Katar Hol from Carter Hall somehow. If there can be 3 Flashes, 5 Earth Green Lanterns, 2 Superboys, and a Shazam family, then there can be 2 Hawkmen a Hawkwoman and a Hawkgirl.
    I can’t tell you about Hawkman but I thought what you described was already pertaining to Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman.

I thought Hawkgirl Kendra Saunders was in the JSA, and the Thanagar Hawkwoman Shayera was around. (And could join the JUstice League).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I can’t tell you about Hawkman but I thought what you described was already pertaining to Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman.

I thought Hawkgirl Kendra Saunders was in the JSA, and the Thanagar Hawkwoman Shayera was around. (And could join the JUstice League).
    Yeah, Shiera Hawkgirl was on the JSA, Shayera Hawkwoman had nothing to do with them originally.