Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I can’t tell you about Hawkman but I thought what you described was already pertaining to Hawkgirl/Hawkwoman.

I thought Hawkgirl Kendra Saunders was in the JSA, and the Thanagar Hawkwoman Shayera was around. (And could join the JUstice League).
    Kendra was brought back in Dark Nights: Metal and joined the Justice League where it was revealed that both she and Shayera of Thanagar, now Hawkwoman, were alive at the same time and separate from one another. Shayera has currently joined the Hawkman ongoing series by Robert Vendetti where they both remember most of their past lives together and have formed a romantic relationship. I mention Shayera joining because not only does she have the memories of the earth 2/golden age JSA counterpart, but vendetti solicited in September that Hawkman and Hawkwoman would end up in the past with the JSA.

Hawkman-27-A-JSA.jpg

Hawkman #27
    Written By Robert Venditti
    Art By Fernando Pasarin And Oclair Albert
    Cover By Mikel Janín
    Variant Cover By Sebastian Fiumara

ON SALE 09/08/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    Advertisement

Hawks reborn! Hawkman and Hawkwoman receive the precious gift of life one last time and return to the past where they were happiest—back with the Justice Society of America! But nostalgia’s not all it’s cracked up to be with the Injustice Society on the loose! And who’s the mysterious figure plotting to cut Hawkman’s final life short from the shadows?
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-13-2020 at 08:12 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Well then, who SHOULD in your opinions be in the main JSA line-up when they finally reboot? And maybe a second, back-up team to handle things the main team is too busy for?

My ideal JSA line-up:

Alan Scott GL
    Jay Garrick Flash
    Ted Grant Wildcat
    Carter Hall Hawkman
    Kent Nelson Dr. Fate
    Karen Starr/Kara Zor-L Power Girl
    Michael Holt Mr. Terrific
    Pieter Cross Dr. Midnite
    Ric Tyler Hourman
    Courtney Whitmore Stargirl
    Pat Duggan Stripe

To that I would consider adding Captain Atom and the Ray, and I'm a bit on the fence about the Thunderbolt...under anyone. I'm not sure that's a character that can work well...and it remains a guy with basically a slave...I might not want to go there. All of the above would be pre-Flashpoint versions of the characters.

And perhaps an Infinity Inc with:

Al Rothstein Atom Smasher
    Obsidian
    Jade
    Brainwave Jr.
    Cyclone

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Kendra was brought back in Dark Nights: Metal and joined the Justice League where it was revealed that both she and Shayera of Thanagar, now Hawkwoman, were alive at the same time and separate from one another. Shayera has currently joined the Hawkman ongoing series by Robert Vendetti where they both remember most of their past lives together and have formed a romantic relationship. I mention Shayera joining because not only does she have the memories of the earth 2/golden age JSA counterpart, but vendetti solicited in September that Hawkman and Hawkwoman would end up in the past with the JSA.

Hawkman-27-A-JSA.jpg

Hawkman #27
    Written By Robert Venditti
    Art By Fernando Pasarin And Oclair Albert
    Cover By Mikel Janín
    Variant Cover By Sebastian Fiumara

ON SALE 09/08/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    Advertisement

Hawks reborn! Hawkman and Hawkwoman receive the precious gift of life one last time and return to the past where they were happiest—back with the Justice Society of America! But nostalgia’s not all it’s cracked up to be with the Injustice Society on the loose! And who’s the mysterious figure plotting to cut Hawkman’s final life short from the shadows?
    Y'know, I've loved Hawkman all along the way. But this reincarnate simultaneously thing is the biggest confusion laid on the character since the Hawkworld ongoing in the early 1990s. The sad part is, it's the closest thing to a sensible resolution Hawkman's gotten in 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well then, who SHOULD in your opinions be in the main JSA line-up when they finally reboot? And maybe a second, back-up team to handle things the main team is too busy for?

My ideal JSA line-up:

Alan Scott GL
    Jay Garrick Flash
    Ted Grant Wildcat
    Carter Hall Hawkman
    Kent Nelson Dr. Fate
    Karen Starr/Kara Zor-L Power Girl
    Michael Holt Mr. Terrific
    Pieter Cross Dr. Midnite
    Ric Tyler Hourman
    Courtney Whitmore Stargirl
    Pat Duggan Stripe

To that I would consider adding Captain Atom and the Ray, and I'm a bit on the fence about the Thunderbolt...under anyone. I'm not sure that's a character that can work well...and it remains a guy with basically a slave...I might not want to go there. All of the above would be pre-Flashpoint versions of the characters.

And perhaps an Infinity Inc with:

Al Rothstein Atom Smasher
    Obsidian
    Jade
    Brainwave Jr.
    Cyclone
    Well I might be going big with this but hey the JSA have had big numbers and I’m in no means hindering the cast. So here’s a...holy crud 23 person line-up.

First the old guard
    Alan Scott/Green Lantern
    Ted Grant/Wild Cat
    Jay Garrick/The Flash
    Kent Nelson/Dr. Fate
    Carter Hall/Hawkman
    Shayera Hol/Hawkwoman

The next generation
    Michael Holt/Mister Terrific
    Karen Starr/Powergirl
    Rick Tyler/Hourman
    Jesse Chambers/Liberty Belle
    Beth Chapel/Doctor Midnite
    Yolanda Montez/Wildcat
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Atom Smasher
    Stargirl
    Jakeem Thunder
    Damage
    Sandman
    Cyclone
    Tommy Bronson/Wildcat
    Citizen Steel

Khalid Nassour/Dr. Fate
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Well I might be going big with this but hey the JSA have had big numbers and I’m in no means hindering the cast. So here’s a...holy crud 23 person line-up.

First the old guard
    Alan Scott/Green Lantern
    Ted Grant/Wild Cat
    Jay Garrick/The Flash
    Kent Nelson/Dr. Fate
    Carter Hall/Hawkman
    Shayera Hol/Hawkwoman

The next generation
    Karen Starr/Powergirl
    Rick Tyler/Hourman
    Yolanda Montez/Wildcat
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Atom Smasher
    Stargirl
    Jakeem Thunder
    Damage
    Sandman
    Cyclone
    Tommy Bronson/Wildcat
    Citizen Steel

Khalid Nassour/Dr. Fate
    Since a lot of those people are armies in and of themselves, I better not see the Injustice Society taking them out that easily...

Since a lot of those people are armies in and of themselves, I better not see the Injustice Society taking them out that easily...
    I mean unless the injustice society starts to recruit legacy villains, like a reverse Geoff Johns run.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

I mean unless the injustice society starts to recruit legacy villains, like a reverse Geoff Johns run.
    Oh...you just gave them ideas....

Oh...you just gave them ideas....
    I mean it would make sense wouldn't it, some of their villains are from the 40's and we have already seen characters like Icicle Jr. or Shiv. What is stopping some big bad supervillain with an axe to grind against the JSA to go look for anyone related to older villains, maybe even some not on the Injustice Society.
    Words to live by.

Huh I guess the rumor that the JSA would not only appear in Black Adam but also potentially get their own spinoff movie may have some truth to it afterall, interesting to hear that Atom Smasher is the first one they cast or at least that we know of.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...k-adam-1303476
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Huh I guess the rumor that the JSA would not only appear in Black Adam but also potentially get their own spinoff movie may have some truth to it afterall, interesting to hear that Atom Smasher is the first one they cast or at least that we know of.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...k-adam-1303476
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but apart from him, there's also Cyclone for some reason, and the Hawks. Which is it for the Black Adam movie AFAIK. Pretty sure that if they do a JSA spinoff movie, they'll leave Power Girl out of it, since she's left out of all the TV versions of the JSA so far.

First the old guard
    Alan Scott/Green Lantern
    Ted Grant/Wild Cat
    Jay Garrick/The Flash
    Kent Nelson/Dr. Fate
    Carter Hall/Hawkman
    Shayera Hol/Hawkwoman

The next generation
    Karen Starr/Powergirl
    Rick Tyler/Hourman
    Yolanda Montez/Wildcat
    Jade
    Obsidian
    Atom Smasher
    Stargirl
    Jakeem Thunder
    Damage
    Sandman
    Cyclone
    Tommy Bronson/Wildcat
    Citizen Steel

Khalid Nassour/Dr. Fate
    I have to squeeze Pat in there somewhere. That classic car armor is to good to be left out.

I’ve been rewatch Batman: the brave and the bold and I got to an episode starring the JSA and it made me think about something. Has there ever been a comic where we see the JSA training people like Batman and Superman?
    Words to live by.

I have no idea where, but I seem to recall seeing Batman trained by Wildcat at one point...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have no idea where, but I seem to recall seeing Batman trained by Wildcat at one point...
    Yep, that was in the superb BATMAN/WILDCAT mini-series I want to say of 04, it was about then)
    Last edited by James Hunter; 08-18-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I’ve been rewatch Batman: the brave and the bold and I got to an episode starring the JSA and it made me think about something. Has there ever been a comic where we see the JSA training people like Batman and Superman?
    Young Clark Kent being trained by the JSA was part of the rejected Superman Now! relaunch by Morrison, Waid, and Millar