Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Bryan Hitch huh....
    His art is purdy. I'm not familiar with his writing, though. But if he were drawing, I would be very happy with that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Liberty Belle. Man, it's been a while.

Extraordinary Member

Which should be Jesse Chambers identity: Liberty Belle II or Jesse Quick?

Which should be Jesse Chambers identity: Liberty Belle II or Jesse Quick?
    Jesse Quick...although I'm not against her taking out her mom's identity for a spin at least once or twice.

Liberty Belle.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I hope he isn't writing it. Justice League was terrible, but maybe he was sabotaged by editorial. His previous JLA book was good.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Liberty Belle. Man, it's been a while.
    It really has been a long time, hasn't it? Lib could easily be a straight up ICON. Instead she's just out here looking sad and collecting dust.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 12-09-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I hope he isn't writing it. Justice League was terrible, but maybe he was sabotaged by editorial. His previous JLA book was good.
    I doubt Hitch is in a rush to write again, although you never know...

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Love the JSA hoping for something that would be interesting in the future. Love to see a crossovers with Wildstorm's "Century Babies" including the High plus the Society of Superheroes along with the Justice Society of America on prime Earth and even the Justice Society International.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

If you had to choose one of each of these for your JSA roster, who would it be:

Tom Bronson or Yolonda Montez
    Peter Cross or Beth Chapel
    Atom Smasher or Damage
    Rick Tyler or Android Hourman
    Jack Knight (out of retirement) or another Starman
    Hippolyta or Diana
    Shiera or Kendra
    Hector or Khalid or Kent V.
    Jade or Alan
    Jesse Chambers or Jay Garrick
    Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post
    Ted Grant
    Charles McNider
    Al Pratt
    Rex "Tick Tock" Tyler
    Ted Knight
    Diana Prince
    Carter Hall
    Kent Nelson
    Alan Scott
    Jay Garrick
    Yeah, that's my preference, too, though I realize that would be less realistic if the group is based in 2020/21.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Willingham's stuff wasn't the best, but it was freakin' Roy Thomas compared to Guggenheim's excrement.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, agreed.

"Lets have everyone join!"
    To be fair, the "Lets have everyone join!" had actually began under Geoff Johns' watch with the post-Infinite Crisis Justice Society of America run.

And something I truly wish would be canon again,

from DC Special #29 (August-September 1977)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And something I truly wish would be canon again,

from DC Special #29 (August-September 1977)
    It's nice to see you back, Major. I hope you're doing well.

As for your canon wish, I would be more than fine with this, but with Wonder Woman being shuffled a bit in her Golden Age role, I'd expect her to be a founder in place of Bruce and Clark. And that's also something I'd be fine with.

Wife and I binged the first season of Stargirl.. so I finally decided to read Doomsday Clock and just caught up with Death Metal..... and man... I REALLY want a JSA book again. I loved the mix of old and new the Johns run had. I’m starting to read the Stars and STRIPE TPB and then will segue into reading the three JSA omnibuses (omnibi?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Wife and I binged the first season of Stargirl.. so I finally decided to read Doomsday Clock and just caught up with Death Metal..... and man... I REALLY want a JSA book again. I loved the mix of old and new the Johns run had. I’m starting to read the Stars and STRIPE TPB and then will segue into reading the three JSA omnibuses (omnibi?)
    There is that too. I suppose characters like Stargirl, STRIPE, Maxine, and others can be retconned to Earth 2 origins...but it would probably be a bigger thing than simply retconning the Earth 2 JSA members into main Earth origins. Even Power Girl would probably lose little by becoming a main universe Kryptonian. The rest would require minimal effort, but gain the ability to be more visible and harder to ghettoize than if they were off on Earth 2.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    There is that too. I suppose characters like Stargirl, STRIPE, Maxine, and others can be retconned to Earth 2 origins...but it would probably be a bigger thing than simply retconning the Earth 2 JSA members into main Earth origins. Even Power Girl would probably lose little by becoming a main universe Kryptonian. The rest would require minimal effort, but gain the ability to be more visible and harder to ghettoize than if they were off on Earth 2.
    Well... whatever they do after the dust settles this time, I would just want the JSA book I loved for years (I own the floppies, TPBs AND omnibi) to be in current continuity in some way. The last issue of Doomsday Clock showed the JSA integrated into the Earth 0 timeline and then of course the splash page with the modern JSA (and Legion).. but current comics haven’t seemed to have caught up to this, or I just haven’t noticed as I don’t read as much DC as I used to. Maybe Doomsday Clock is post-Death Metal as well.

3F1096E7-519B-4D6B-BBE0-7BEAA5842983.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Well... whatever they do after the dust settles this time, I would just want the JSA book I loved for years (I own the floppies, TPBs AND omnibi) to be in current continuity in some way. The last issue of Doomsday Clock showed the JSA integrated into the Earth 0 timeline and then of course the splash page with the modern JSA (and Legion).. but current comics haven’t seemed to have caught up to this, or I just haven’t noticed as I don’t read as much DC as I used to. Maybe Doomsday Clock is post-Death Metal as well.

3F1096E7-519B-4D6B-BBE0-7BEAA5842983.jpg
    One thing I would like....if they do defy my expectations and actually make a JSA title....is Pat Dugan in there as STRIPE. Written just the way he is on the Stargirl show.