Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mighty Member

Default How many of Superman's weaknesses are common knowledge in universe?

I was reading one day and was wondering about how Kryptonite became so well known with the populace of Metropolis...and the world. When it comes to Superman's weaknesses like red sunlight sapping his powers, or him not being able to see through lead, how well known are they in universe? I mean magic is easy to guess as it's not a weakness specific to Superman, but to everyone. However with his other weaknesses, how much does the general public know about Superman's weaknesses? Why does everyone know?

Good question!

Not sure I can provide much help, but will try.

I do not believe the vast majority--if anyone--knows about the Sunlight.

Some may be aware of lead shielding from supervision, however, still largely unknown. Also, lead shielding does not always play a major part of villains plans.

Kryptonite seems more well-known, but I do not know to what extent. Some villains, such as Luthor, do know about it and use it against Superman.

I think Kryptonite has probably been reported on by the Planet, but stuff that's more specific like that he can't see through lead or that he's susceptible to magic would probably only be something someone would really have to look into (like Luthor).

BANNED

they are common knowledge throughout the dc creation, and as criticism of the fact that it is too rotten (ww level, weaker than flash) a new one always appears, as some geeks praying on a planet weakened it.

BANNED

Magic should not be a weakness.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Magic should not be a weakness.
    Why not? There is nothing in Superman's powerset that indicates that he should have any defenses against magical attacks. All his powers are physically based. It goes back to the thread that I had about how DC should have different kinds of invulnersbilities. Shazam and Wonderwoman, should have different types of invulnerability then Superman. I feel Shazam's invulnerability should be some kind of mystical field, Wonderwoman should have somekind of excelerated healing ability etc.