BANNED

Default Questions about the 2 seasons of Justice League

I don't think the following questions I am about to ask in this topic are counting the Static Shock or The Zeta Project cartoons (don't get me wrong, I like those cartoons like the rest of the DCAU.)

So according to some people I have read on the internet, they consider Justice League Season 1 to be the lowest or worst season of the DCAU, compared to the other seasons of the DCAU even though they said that there were some good episodes in Season 1. Those same people consider Justice League Season 2 to be the highest or best season of the DCAU compared to the other seasons of the DCAU, even the seasons of Batman: The Animated Series.

Bruce Timm said that Season 1 was decent, but it was very safe, middle of the road and that it didn't surprise anyone. He said that Season 2 is better and that he was proud of it.

To me, I liked Season 1, but I did like the other seasons of the DCAU more. I did like Season 2 also.

So my questions about the Justice League Cartoon are:

1. Do you think that Season 1 of Justice League is really considered the lowest or worst season of the DCAU and how do you compare it to other seasons of the DCAU?

2. Do you think Justice League Season 2 is really considered the highest or best season of the DCAU and how do you compare it to other seasons of the DCAU?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raider969 View Post
    1. Do you think that Season 1 of Justice League is really considered the lowest or worst season of the DCAU and how do you compare it to other seasons of the DCAU?
    Nobody to my knowledge considers Season 1 of Justice League like this. It's seen as a great season with several great episodes (Secret Origins, In Blackest Night, The Brave and the Bold, Injustice For All, Paradise Lost, Legends, The Savage Time).

And in any case, nobody really judges the DCAU based on seasons because that's not how animation was made when it started out with BTAS.

2. Do you think Justice League Season 2 is really considered the highest or best season of the DCAU and how do you compare it to other seasons of the DCAU?
    Season 2 is definitely better than Season 1, and is generally considered the point where Justice League really became a classic show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Nobody to my knowledge considers Season 1 of Justice League like this. It's seen as a great season with several great episodes (Secret Origins, In Blackest Night, The Brave and the Bold, Injustice For All, Paradise Lost, Legends, The Savage Time).

And in any case, nobody really judges the DCAU based on seasons because that's not how animation was made when it started out with BTAS.
    I think Season 1 was great as well, but I have seen some people on the internet that don't think so.
    Last edited by Raider969; 06-27-2020 at 05:11 PM.

BANNED

I have another question about the two seasons of Justice League.

I already know that whether or not Justice League had the two seasons or just the first, people will still consider Batman: The Animated Series to be better. Now a lot of people prefer the Justice League cartoon more than Superman The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond, probably because of the second season.

If it wasn't for the second season, and the show only had the first season, would people still consider it to be better or would people consider Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond to be better than Justice League?
    Last edited by Raider969; 06-27-2020 at 05:26 PM.

BANNED

If it wasn't for the second season, and the show only had the first season, would people still consider it to be better or would people consider Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures and Batman Beyond to be better than Justice League?
    This feels like hair-splitting thought experiments at this point. But anyway, in general alongside BTAS, Justice League as a whole (JL+JLU) is considered to be the best show of the DCAU.

Based on the first season, I think most would argue that S1 was better than Batman Beyond (which is largely well thought off on the strength of a few strong episodes and an incredible made-for-video movie), better than TNBA (which is seen as a weak followup to BTAS more or less), and overall below STAS and BTAS.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This feels like hair-splitting thought experiments at this point. But anyway, in general alongside BTAS, Justice League as a whole (JL+JLU) is considered to be the best show of the DCAU.

Based on the first season, I think most would argue that S1 was better than Batman Beyond (which is largely well thought off on the strength of a few strong episodes and an incredible made-for-video movie), better than TNBA (which is seen as a weak followup to BTAS more or less), and overall below STAS and BTAS.
    You seem bothered by this topic. I am sorry of it is bothering you.

Not sure if this is just a different way of asking the same question I asked last, but is Season 2 of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited what made the series remembered and acclaimed? And if it was just the first season, it wouldn't be as great and acclaimed and below the other DCAU shows not counting Static Shock or The Zeta Project by the majority?

I don't really like to think in terms of "worst" or "lowest quality", but I will say the first season of Justice League was disappointing to fans because of expectations beforehand. Not only was Aquaman not part of the line-up, but they used John Stewart as Green Lantern after introducing Kyle Rayner on Superman the Animated Series. Granted, Hawkgirl and Green Lantern became two of their best characters, but that was a bit of a letdown at first. Also, Flash was an idiot and Wonder Woman was a naive rookie, both felt wrong. Many first season episodes didn't even include every member of the team, which was also a strike against it.

I'd still say it's just as entertaining as any other DCAU season. If I had to pick a least favorite, maybe the last season of Batman Beyond? The show felt like it was spinning its wheels at that point.

I loved season 2 of Justice League, I thought it was incredible. There was character development for Hawkgirl and a build up to the Thanagarian invasion in the finale that tops the Fourth World arc that ran through Superman The Animated Series.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I'd still say it's just as entertaining as any other DCAU season. If I had to pick a least favorite, maybe the last season of Batman Beyond? The show felt like it was spinning its wheels at that point.
    Speaking of Batman Beyond, some people also consider season 2 of that show to be the lowest or worst season of the DCAU. They also think season 3 is mixed and that season 1 and the Return of the Joker movie are the best of Batman Beyond.