Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Dazzler, Longshot and Shatterstar...should the truth be told?

Should Shatterstar (if still alive) tell his parents that he's their son?

I mean, I would wanna know if I had a full grown child running around. HELL, Scott and Jean could write a book on this subject. Lol

Sorry, just reread some old X-Factor issues and I really wanna see the look on Dazzler and Longshot's faces when Shatterstars explain his origin...lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Longshot knows about it already. It's implicit in the way he broke into when Shatterstar was about (maybe) to tell Rictor the truth, and mainly in the way he looked at him when Shatterstar denied him as a regular Judas.

Plus, there is a scene (I can't find the pic --anyone help?) in which Shatterstar used Longshot as a living "anchor" in order to open an interdimensional portal --he explained openly that he needed someone with whom he must have a "special connection", and Rictor (his lover) was not good enough for this role. So he needed someone with family tie. Longshot may seem a fool for some people, but he can put two and two together.

Anyway, my theory:

1. Longshot is a psychometric.
    2. Longshot and Shatterstar have (unavoidably) come into contact now and then.
    3. Longshot have been then perfectly able to "read" Shatterstar's past and origin --Longshot's own past and origin.

IMO, the turning point was the issue in which Shatterstar "miraculously" resurrected Longshot from his apparent death with, presumably, a "touch of life".

Oh, and regarding Dazzler... I guess she has no clue. But, honestly, I tremble with the thought of she finding out (please, wipe Longshot's mind before this could happen!).
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 02-07-2016 at 09:14 AM.

There is always the possibility that Shot might mention it to Dazzler, just by the by, while sexting.

lol!!!!

Regarding this subject, some issues are going round my head lately. I've just read for second time Mike Allred's 'Red Rocket 7' (BTW, if you don't yet, you should totally DO!) and I was wondering...

1. Is Longshot fertile?

2. Does he grow old?

My bet to this first question was 'no' (in fact, Longshot's file in the old Official Handbook of the MU literally said: "Known relatives: Inapplicable"), but I'm afraid that Jim Lee (hell with him) threw it overboard in that fateful X-Men #11.

The fact is, Arize built the slaves for the Spineless with genetic engineering as adult creatures. What's the point in making them fertile beings? Actually, I think it won't be a sensible choice to let them breed out of control --that's the way revolution starts. Ergo, IMHO, this is one of the many Lee's mistakes that, sadly, are canon now.

As for the second question... I haven't considered before, but keeping in mind that strange "healing factor" that Longshot showed in the third issue of his former miniseries, you could think that Arize wanted his creatures to be extremely durable --just like robots. After all, they were built to work as servants, and nobody (I mean, nobody sensible) wants to change the fridge every year.

Shatterstar is different because he was born from an earthling woman --half his genes are human. He was a baby, then a child, then a young man, and presumably he will be an old man and finally he will die. In the same manner, he could maybe procreate.

Given that Longshot was made from Shatterstar's DNA, we could maybe deduce that he get from him his reproducing ability (and maybe his aging ability?), in the craziest loop ever. Longshot would be then an exceptional one among Arize's creatures (as the old good developer said himself, actually). But I stick to my guns: spineless' slaves are logically designed sterile.
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 02-08-2016 at 06:28 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Regarding this subject, some issues are going round my head lately. I've just read for second time Mike Allred's 'Red Rocket 7' (BTW, if you don't yet, you should totally DO!) and I was wondering...

1. Is Longshot fertile?

2. Does he grow old?

My bet to this first question was 'no' (in fact, Longshot's file in the old Official Handbook of the MU literally said: "Known relatives: Inapplicable"), but I'm afraid that Jim Lee (hell with him) threw it overboard in that fateful X-Men #11.

The fact is, Arize built the slaves for the Spineless with genetic engineering as adult creatures. What's the point in making them fertile beings? Actually, I think it won't be a sensible choice to let them breed out of control --that's the way revolution starts. Ergo, IMHO, this is one of the many Lee's mistakes that, sadly, are canon now.

As for the second question... I haven't considered before, but keeping in mind that strange "healing factor" that Longshot showed in the third issue of his former miniseries, you could think that Arize wanted his creatures to be extremely durable --just like robots. After all, they were built to work as servants, and nobody (I mean, nobody sensible) wants to change the fridge every year.
    Shatterstar is different because he was born from an earthling woman --half his genes are human. He was a baby, then a child, then a young man, and presumably he will be an old man and finally he will die.
    In what book (title and or issues please) was Shatterstar depicted as a baby, a child, and a young man?

In the same manner, he could maybe procreate.
    Procreate with Rictor??

Given that Longshot was made from Shatterstar's DNA, we could maybe deduce that he get from him his reproducing ability (and maybe his aging ability?), in the craziest loop ever. Longshot would be then an exceptional one among Arize's creatures (as the old good developer said himself, actually). But I stick to my guns: spineless' slaves are logically designed sterile.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-08-2016 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s).

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    In what book (title and or issues please) was Shatterstar depicted as a baby, a child, and a young man?
    X-Factor #259, as a newborn baby (I guess the rest went later in a natural way):

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

Procreate with Rictor??
    Stan: I want to have babies.
    Reg: You want to have babies?!?!
    Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
    Reg: But ... you can't HAVE babies!
    Stan: Don't you oppress me!
    Reg: I'm not oppressing you, Stan. You haven't got a womb! Where's the foetus gonna gestate? You gonna keep it in a box?

('Life of Brian'. Of course.)

All joking aside, I guess Shatterstar could impregnate a woman (if he...and she...wanted it to), given than apparently (logically) both of his parents were fertile. Or not? That's the question! Are clones childbearing? What for? Madelyne Pryor was created specifically for having a baby with Cyclops, but what about the others?
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 02-09-2016 at 06:30 AM.

In a odd way, Shatterstar and Cable have similar origin.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Yeah, I don't know too much about Cable, but his path is similar to Shatterstar's (and earlier, I guess?). It's funny how things go mixed up when clones and time travel are involved. Longstar certainly makes matters worse, since regarding the raw material you come to wonder which came first, the chicken or the egg (I think I'm feeling sick >_< ).

Dazzler may have been implanted with Shatterstar embryo on Mojoworld. Doesn't explain Benjamin Russel tho.
    Last edited by wunderpanda; 02-12-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Someone please do a retcon, wipe the slate clean and give them new origins without all these unnecessary murky nonsense.
    No need to be related to each other except for the fact that both are from Mojoverse.
    Last edited by origami; 02-12-2016 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
    Dazzler may have been implanted with Shatterstar embryo on Mojoworld.
    ... Wow O_O . It's so simple that it's...brilliant! I absolutely support your theory. Not only because I like it so much and because it fits with mine, but because it totally suits with Mojo's modus operandi: he loves to manipulate other people's bodies (he put four arms in Rita and he put fake eyes in Betsy) and he loves to screw other people's lives. He's darn demented enough to do this and much more.

Oh wunderpanda, you made me so happy .

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    Someone please do a recon, wipe the slate clean and give them new origins without all these unnecessary murky nonsense.
    No need to be related to each other except for the fact that both are from Mojoverse.
    Ditto. Ditto, ditto. As much as I hate retcons, I wouldn't mind this one based in the idea above.

Longshot is a replicant. No more and no less. His background is great the way it is, leave him alone.

Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 02-12-2016 at 06:43 AM.

BANNED

In the same way Fabian Nicieza made Spiral turn out to be Ricochet Rita through time paradox, Peter David made Shatterstar turn out to be Longshot's father, and Longshot turn out to be Shatterstar's father through time paradox as well too.

Here's the breakdown:

Longshot gets created by Arize. Longshot becomes rebel leader-fallen messiah of Mojoworld.
    Longshot flees to Earth. Longshot joins the Xmen. Longshot meets Dazzler. Longshot and Dazzler. get married.
    Longshot impregnates Dazzler. Dazzler gives birth to Shatterstar. Longshot and Dazzler somehow absolutely forget about their baby.
    Shatterstar joins Xforce. Shatterstar is revealed to either be asexual and|or aromantic or just simply merely inexperienced with sex.
    Shatterstar encounters Benjamin Russell: Comatose-for-life, possibly brain-dead since his powers activated. No living relatives. Physically identical to Shatterstar.
    Shatterstar gets killed by Mojo. Longshot transplants Shatterstar's spirit into Benjamin Russell.
    Shatterstar-in-Benjamin-Russell's body later becomes extremely libidinous pansexual|panromantic.
    Shatterstar-in-Benjamin-Russell's body goes back into the past of Mojoworld. Benjamin Russell's body gets cloned by Arize.
    Longshot is the clone-son of Benjamin Russell. Benjamin Russell is the clone-father of Longshot.
    Shatterstar is the biological son of Longshot. Longshot is the biological father of Shatterstar.
    Shatterstar is the clone-grandson of Benjamin Russell. Benjamin Russell is the clone-grandfather of Shatterstar.
    Shatterstar's spirit is inhabiting the body of his own grandfather who looks him like because of recessive genes.
    Benjamin Russell's body is inhabited by the spirit of his own grandson who looks like him because of recessive genes.
    Last edited by Jdsm24; 02-12-2016 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

Longshot and Shatterstar are as inbred as it gets.

BANNED

But at least Dazzler DIDN'T really commit incest after all

BTW Longshot KNOWS the TRUTH , in the Longshot Saves The Marvel Universe (2013) min-series, he reveals to an acquaintance during a conversation about who is less lucky|more unlucky, that his own son is also his own father.