Default Onyx Equinox an original animated series from Crunchyroll

Though Izel, the young boy at the center of Crunchyroll’s new anime-inspired series Onyx Equinox, has little faith in the rest of humanity, his untimely death prompts the gods to step in and fundamentally alter the course of his life. Whether Izel likes it or not, the gods are at war, and the world’s mortals need a champion to protect them from the storm that’s yet to come.

Created by Sofia Alexander, Onyx Equinox will be Crunchyroll’s first series to center Latinx characters with a specific focus on ancient Aztec culture and mythology. As the latest wave of otherworldly demons attacks the world, Izel gradually comes to understand that he’s been chosen to become humanity’s defender and wield a magical dagger that seems to transform when he exposes it to his blood.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/onyx-equinox...twe-1844163431

I thought I was watching Legend of Korra for a second there .

All-New Member

I am really looking forward to this series. I love Mesoamerican lore...Mysterious Cities of Gold, Eldorado, Apocalypto, Royal Hunt of the Sun, Hernan even though some of these deal with the fall of the America's they are still amazing to me. ps [ I too love the Axolotl ]

Astonishing Member

Looks good, I would like to see more serious animation in the West like they do in the East that’s mature and a little darker than the kiddie fair and this seems to be scratching that itch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought I was watching Legend of Korra for a second there .
    You’re not the only one.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

All-New Member

Did I say, that I really love that trailer music track.....

All-New Member

For people who like movies connected to the America's.......Kings of the sun, Captains from Castile, Secret of the Incas. This possibly the first Indiana Jones Incarnation played by Charlton Heston....

All-New Member

There are definitely elements and brush strokes similar to Avatar and Kora. Just as there are from Atlantis the Lost Empire and Eldorado, and a number of other films and series....I want to see Mesoamerican Heroes and the stories they can tell...The twins for example, fit in to the creation story when the gods created man.

https://www.animationmagazine.net/st...-onyx-equinox/

An interview with executive producer and showrunner Sofia Alexander.