The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Default Are Hal Jordan's friendships with Barry Allen and Oliver Queen still operating?

Given the numerous continuity shuffles, are Hal Jordan's close friendships with Barry Allen and Oliver Queen still valid in present continuity? Not much has been done with Hal's relationships with these two Justice League buddies in recent times.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

They have both made appearances in Morrison's run.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

There was also a Flash/GL story in the Flash Annual #2 (New 52 2013 - with a great Manapul cover) that made it pretty clear that Barry & Hal were still mates.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

They are still his closest friends, we just don't see much of it nowadays because Hal is never on Earth. And whenever he is there he acts like he can't wait to leave for some reason.

Yeah, Hal and Ollie were made a part of Rebirth Green Arrow run. In fact I think at points they made references to the Dennis O’Neil Green Lantern and Green Arrow run, although it got changed up because Oliver was in his new 52 costume in the scene I’m remembering.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, Hal and Ollie were made a part of Rebirth Green Arrow run. In fact I think at points they made references to the Dennis O’Neil Green Lantern and Green Arrow run, although it got changed up because Oliver was in his new 52 costume in the scene I’m remembering.
    They also team up in Grant Morrison's Green Lantern run:

Yes, the friendships are still in-tact, we just don't see it as much because Hal's fairly isolated comic-wise and Snyder was trying to make Barry and John a thing because of the DCAU and Flash/Green Lantern being a thing.

Unfortunately that's nothing new. In the previous JL run Barry was friends with Jessica and they even had kids in a parallel future. It's hardly the first time they take characters associated with Hal and give those relationships to other Lanterns with the excuse that the GL/Flash friendship always has to be a thing regardless of who happens to be the featured GL. Very convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Unfortunately that's nothing new. In the previous JL run Barry was friends with Jessica and they even had kids in a parallel future. It's hardly the first time they take characters associated with Hal and give those relationships to other Lanterns with the excuse that the GL/Flash friendship always has to be a thing regardless of who happens to be the featured GL. Very convenient.
    If that's what they are going to do, it would be cool to have Hal hang out with Wally for a change (not to mention Hal would have been one of the perfect people to sit down and have a chat with Wally after the HiC debacle).

He also wasn't there when Roy fell off the wagon again, wasn't there when Superman revealed his identity, when Batman got engaged, etc. It's like he's not even part of this universe anymore. How is it that a founding Justice League member is so isolated from everything important that happens in the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    If that's what they are going to do, it would be cool to have Hal hang out with Wally for a change (not to mention Hal would have been one of the perfect people to sit down and have a chat with Wally after the HiC debacle).
    I think Hal and Wally were a thing during Meltzer's Justice League, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Hal and Wally were a thing during Meltzer's Justice League, if I recall correctly.
    Only for like a couple of issues or so after Wally came back IIRC. His interactions with Roy in that run were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxStirner_91 View Post
    Would have been interesting since I recall during Morrison's JLA series Wally had a low view of Kyle in comparison to Hal.