Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I drew a response thing to that back in the day, illustrating the speed difference.

Let me see if I still have it so I can share some extremely dated art...

Got it.

Exactly! Good job!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Not to be pedantic but the argument you make here:

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Agreed.

I've read the comic with the Spider-man vs Firelord fight and it's really not that bad. The entire "fight" is basically Spidey running away (he lands a swing kick at the start which knocks Firelord off-balance but that's only because he was caught by surprise).

After Firelord gets caught in a huge explosion Spidey fears he's dead and runs up to check on him. He gets up, Spidey panics, starts leaping around like a lunatic and whaling on him in sheer desperation. Classic case of pulling off a normally impossible feat through the will to survive. Plus Spidey was hitting him repeatedly. Even in real-life it's possible to knock out an opponent with lots of lighter blows, it doesn't always have to be one huge haymaker.

Don't get me wrong it's a definite outlier, but aside from the ending it was portrayed well, with Spidey knowing he was utterly outmatched and behaving accordingly.
    Is refuted by the argument you make here:

That one is hands down the worst. Utter nonsense.

Incidentally it is true that a hit to the solar plexus doesn't need to be that hard. I know from personal experience that even a playful thump can make the air blast out of your lungs if it happens to hit at just the right time and place, but there's still a threshold of force that needs to be reached. It won't happen if a gnat flies into you for example. Batman's blows would be the equivalent of that gnat.
    Firelord is a Herald and can deal with planetary explosions and the like. Spider-Man is similarly a gnat to him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    Yeah because those with Pym Particles keep their density.

No way Cable can lift Galactusceven tiny, unless tapping into Jesus mode and he would still lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Also, Galactus would still have enormous comic powers at his disposal to obliterate Cable with.

My suggestion, Harley Quinn beating and outplaying Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman with ease in Heroes in Crisis.
    Forget those issues with this fight. Because both of those issues assume that Cable somehow managed to shrink Galactus in the first place.

Galactus has enough feats of lolnoping esoteric effects to mean he’d have just laughed it off.

Firelord is a Herald and can deal with planetary explosions and the like. Spider-Man is similarly a gnat to him.
    And nobody’s mentioned the classic Black Panther armbar. Albeit that didn’t work out all that well for him overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    For me, this is the stupidest fight scene in comics. What's yours?

And yes, that's 616 Galactus.
    If that was 616 Galactus, it may even beat Batman kicking Wonder Woman in the stomach and having any effect other than breaking his own foot which would have been my nominee equaled by the Black Panther successfully putting a joint lock on the Silver Surfer. But, in terms of different power levels, this beats even those examples. The idea that the Pym particles could have any effect on Galactus if he did not allow it or that it would lessen his energies to any degree of significance is laughable. So the scenario is funny but not for the reasons the writer intended.
    Power with Girl is better.

Catwoman being able to outmaneuver and fight the Flash. No, it doesn't matter that he was being controlled by someone else, because even if she were Cassandra-fucking-Cain, she would still get blitzed.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I mean, we have a whole board principle named after Spider-Man versus Firelord.
    That one was the first, I guess. But it has gained equals throughout the years.

Hey, remember Hulk vs that snake.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Catwoman being able to outmaneuver and fight the Flash. No, it doesn't matter that he was being controlled by someone else, because even if she were Cassandra-fucking-Cain, she would still get blitzed.
    Oh yeah. In that same scene Batman knocks out Superman by whistling.

Incredible Member

Good point.

In my defence I think my first point still holds up (that the only really stupid part is the ending. Aside from that it wasn't too bad.)

Also, the ending is dumb. I just meant it wasn't as bad as some other examples. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Yes yes. Power Cosmic means anyone willing it can go “lol iOS” to their matter being disobeyed.

Galactose could just pop back full size and step on Cable on the spot or belly flop him. Seriously that is just the worst.

Deathstroke vs JLA is still more ridiculous, because it required Slade to anticipate that he would be rescuing Doctor Light days in advance, and correctly predict the exact location of the fight (days in advance), excavate a city sidewalk, plant landmines, and then pour concrete. And then react faster than the Flash to set off those mines while also facing down several other JLA members.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Forget those issues with this fight. Because both of those issues assume that Cable somehow managed to shrink Galactus in the first place.

Galactus has enough feats of lolnoping esoteric effects to mean he’d have just laughed it off.
    I'm flashing back to the final battle of Crisis on Infinite Earths -- the Arrowverse version. Not only are the Dementors so completely non-threatening that street levelers were holding the line, but the Anti-Monitor -- who punked essentially Kingdom Come/Pre-Crisis/Donner Superman and has all these literally multiversal feats -- was essentially defeated the same way as in OP's example.

Edit: I know the thread title says "in comics." I still need to vent about this fight, though.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-26-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I'm flashing back to the final battle of Crisis on Infinite Earths -- the Arrowverse version. Not only are the Dementors so completely non-threatening that street levelers were holding the line, but the Anti-Monitor -- who punked essentially Kingdom Come/Pre-Crisis/Donner Superman and has all these literally multiversal feats -- was essentially defeated the same way as in OP's example.

Edit: I know the thread title says "in comics." I still need to vent about this fight, though.
    Definitely. Just watched it for the second time. I like the CW Crisis overall but the Anti-Monitor went out like he was just some run of the mill super villain. Even before that, in order to make Batwoman, most of the Legends and other supporting characters relevant, they made the dementors so weak that, good heavens, just bring in some normal people with hand guns. Normal law enforcement could have handled them. A kid with a slingshot could have handled them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Definitely. Just watched it for the second time. I like the CW Crisis overall but the Anti-Monitor went out like he was just some run of the mill super villain. Even before that, in order to make Batwoman, most of the Legends and other supporting characters relevant, they made the dementors so weak that, good heavens, just bring in some normal people with hand guns. Normal law enforcement could have handled them. A kid with a slingshot could have handled them.
    I just thought it was hilarious that Ryan Choi, who was basically ‘Just Some Nerd’, was as effective in hand-to-hand combat against the dementors as Barry and Kara.