Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsainfinity View Post
    Is Al Pratt alive after being beaten and his arm blasted off by Brutaal?
    How did Al Pratt survive the nuclear attack and get his powers in the first place?
    Who is Fury's father?
    Who is the 8th original wonder?
    What happened to Steel?
    The 8th Wonder at least was answered in the 0 issue and was Terry Sloane

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    The 8th Wonder at least was answered in the 0 issue and was Terry Sloane
    Yeah, he was Mr.8... but still we don't know the '7th' one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Who's on first?

What's on second?!
    I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinomune View Post
    Yeah, he was Mr.8... but still we don't know the '7th' one.
    Yeah, we have 1) Wonder Woman, 2) Superman, 3) Batman, 4) Catwoman, 5) Supergirl/Power Girl, 6) Robin/Huntress, 7) ?????? 8) Mr 8/Terry Sloan

Yeah, we have 1) Wonder Woman, 2) Superman, 3) Batman, 4) Catwoman, 5) Supergirl/Power Girl, 6) Robin/Huntress, 7) ?????? 8) Mr 8/Terry Sloan
    Could be Dr. Fate/Kent Nelson since they've mentioned he raised Khalid.

The Red Lantern maybe? At least that was my guess. It was implied than the Red Lantern was"returning".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jan Itor View Post
    I don't know.
    Third base!

Where is Jessica Hyde?

BANNED

Why do we Park in a Driveway and Drive on a Parkway?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Leave it to Lexrules to ask the most important questions in life.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by pikul View Post
    Where is Jessica Hyde?
    hahaha hello Arby.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Third base!
    If I mentioned the third baseman's name, who did I say is playing third?

Amazing Member

James Robinsonīs world-building was something I was eager to see being developed.
    There were so many plots that took all my atention, but that after Robinsonīs leaving, were either:
    1- Completely dropped
    2- Took a 180o change, from what was intended to be..

Among these ones:
    -Completely Dropped:
    -#1: Samīs Murder, and Kantoīs "The assasin of Apokolis" involvement:
    Sam was Alan Scottīs (Green Lantern) boyfriend, that got killed after a train explosion in their way to their honeymoon. Alan Scott was approached by the E-2 Green after the incident, and got his GL Powers.
    After dealing with Grundy, GL and Hawkgirl got into a quest to discover the truth behind Sam murder.
    Apokolitan involvement was revealed, that was pointing into the direction of Kanto "The assasin of Apokolis", as pointed by Earth-2 New Batman.
    Yet, the Dherain/Steppenwolf War Arc got rushed, and Kanto was never mentioned again.

Edit: If I recall correctly, in World`s End #1, it seemed to indicate that Terry Sloan killed Sam, because he screwed his plans during Steppenwolf`s inital Invation of Earth. Yet.. It doesnt answer the mystery of the Dead Parademons inside Sam`s container, nor Kanto involvement..

-#2: World Army / Terry Sloan relationship:
    Altough not quite addressed directly, (Khan questioned it tho), it always seemed weird for me, that after the whole Genocide across the globe thing Terry Sloan did in the final days of E-2 initial invasion, the World Army council just treated Sloan in a way better way than they ever did with Khan. I mean, he was a fugitive wanted for treason (and Genocide).. how did the World Army Council ended licking his ass so much?

-#3: The "8th" Wonder.
    Terry Sloan, in the E-2 #0 issue, revealed the existance of an 8th Original Wonder, but didnt want to give too much details into it, because of a reason, that was directly involved with the whole War`s course.
    We had:
    1- Superman
    2- Batman
    3- SuperGirl (PowerGirl)
    4- Robin / Huntress
    5- Wonder Woman
    6- Cat Woman
    7- ? ? ?
    8- Mr8 = Terry Sloan.
    And.. that`s it, altough it seemed that this "8th" (7th) would make a significant appearence later in the series, he was just dropped and forgotten entirely. sigh.

-#4: "The Greatest Evil E-2 had to face, greater than Apokolis".
    Quick story short.
    -Hermes gave his powers to Jay Garrick, and warned him about a great evil, greater than Apokolis, that kidnapped him, and that could be a big threat to E-2.
    -Terry Sloan saw the "future", and according to him, a great Evil, greater than Apokolis, would endanger E-2. His whole "If this Earth is weak, I will make it is strong" principle, was based according to that entity.
    After the entire "Red Lantern" fiasco (See below), it seems that Apokolis was the threat that ultimately destroyed E-2. That was.. sad, I guess.

-Took a 180o change
    -#1: Red Lantern / Red Entity
    Robinson teased the Red Lantern as a really powerfull entity, that threatened the whole world, according to Steel`s despiction of it, in E-2 Annual #1.
    It also seemed to be, apparently, the "Greatest" Evil, E-2 was going to face, according to Hermes, and Terry Sloan.
    Yet.. It was a completely different story.
    So.. The "Red" appeared initially, in the "Tower of Fate" Arc, somewhere between issues #7-8, and he was basically an (inefficient) guardian of the tower.
    Shortly afterwards, he was captured by Desaad, and was being drained of its power to fuel a whole Fire Pit energy, that was being used to create Parademon Armies (made of kidnapped humans), and unstable Clones of Superman, during the Events of World`s End. (That whole deal was retroactively tied into the events of the annual, but.. you get my point here, i guess).
    She was eventually freed, and got into an Final Battle Vs the Death`s child, that was consuming E-2. She lost, yet, her host survived somehow. Then, we learned about her host backstory, and that was it. Such a bummer to end that way.

-#2: Terry Sloan. ALL of it.
    When he was first introduced, he was presented as an Anti-Hero/Villain, that wanted to save Earth-2 by any means necessary, whatever he would be seen as Earth`s greatest Hero, or Darkest Villain. One of the most impactful things he had done, was destroying whole countries afected by the "Anti-Life eccuation", resulting in mass Genocide, and the creation of the Fire Pits, because in his eyes, these people would become a dead weight they could not afford, or they would have lose the war a result.
    Somehow, after years of being fugitive, he returned in a beneficial Spot in the World Army, despite being ilogical taking into account what he had done, much to Khan`s annoyance (see above). After that, he had plans for Mister Terrific (From E-0), and the whole E-2 world.
    After Robinson left, Taylor came and made him just a generical Jerk (much like Lex Luthor), mostly used by Veltram to create a Planetary Boom Tube.
    Then Taylor left, Wilson came, and everything got to **** Why? Well..
    Wilson basically retconned him as a non-E-2 being, that came from a dying world that was being consumed by Apokolis. Remember his whole crusade about saving E-2? Well.. It was not about E-2 after all (despite all evidences pointing into it), but, about his own world.
    Well.. Just.. How? Why? That is extremely stupid, if you take more than 2 minutes thinking of it.
    (I mean.. He just transported into E-2, gained enough popularity/trust to become a wonder, then waited 5 WHOLE YEARS in Exile, to try again? I even doubt his world would even be alive at that point..)
    Neverthless.. The whole calculating Anti-Hero/Villain was basically reduced into a crazy egomaniac that really didnt care for anyone but himself (and his world, I think). Oh, and it was revealed he "sold" E-2 to Apokolis for the sake of his World (if there was still any..).
    His story, suddenly ended, when he got randomly murderef by a former ex-hero, now villain, with NO consequences/Repercusions. He died, and.. that`s it.
    That whole thing with him, was pure BS, I must say. So much wasted potential.. But.. w/e..

To end this, i must mention 2 random thing that took my atention.

-Catwoman`s Death.
    So, Robin`s mother, an appreciated Wonder, yet, writters cannot decide how she died.
    In some Flashbacks, she basically died incinerated into dust, by a big Parademon Army, in front of Batman and Co.
    In WF, she died zapped by a Apokolitan Gun.. Piloted by some Random thughs.
    Poor Catwoman, they cannot even decide her death, appropiately..
    (You can compare this, with how writters decide to give Dick Grayson`s son a new Name, every 3 issues on World`s End, if you want).

-Steppenwolf / Steppenwolf:
    Quick story short.
    In Earth-2, he died brutally, at the hands of Brutaal (No pun intended).
    Yet, he appeared alive at the start of Darkseid War, in JL. Really? Jhons Please.

Well. That`s all.
    Hope you enjoyed it !
    Last edited by Rhongomyniad; 05-02-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Astonishing Member

It's heartbreaking what happened to Earth 2. James Robinson and Nicola Scott's run was so good, it was incredibly foolish to toss out absolutely everything Robinson had built up.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Driveways used to be long private roads that lead from a street to a house. Parkway was originally a term to describe a road that was split in half by a scenic park-like area where people could walk, bike, etc.