Default Who would train who’s sidekick best? Your choice.

The Dream Teen Titans thread (specifically the Fab Five posts) got me thinking on this.

Firstly, this is only for characters who (imo) historically took an active interest/role in training their original/most famous sidekicks/junior versions so...
    sorry Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, you’re gone. Green Lantern, don’t even think about it.

So, your hero has to pick one of the other heroes’ kids. Who do you think your hero picks, and why would he do the best job?

Your trainers to pick from are...

Batman (trained Nightwing)
    Aquaman (trained Tempest)
    Barry Allen Flash (trained Wally West)
    Green Arrow (trained Arsenal)

Your possible kids are...

BATS
    Damian
    Stephanie Brown
    Cassandra Cain
    Luke Fox

AQUAS
    Tula
    Lorena Marquez
    Kaldur
    Lagoon Boy

FLASHES
    Wallace West
    Bart Allen
    Iris West Impulse
    XS

ARROWS
    Mia Dearden
    Emiko Queen
    Arrowette
    Connor Hawke

I pick Green Arrow to train Wallace West, reason being is that Ollie not only trains to have stuff on hand for situations but to also fight with speed and accuracy (the speed to take aim and fire his bow as needed). Seeing as how Wallace is a young man with super speed I figure Arrow can train him how to be more accurate as he moves fast.

My other choice is to have Aquaman train Damian. Now I know this sounds weird, but this for two reasons. 1. Damian seems to be really focused on Magic as of late and since Tempest knows atlantian magic I could see Damian wanting to learn all he could about Atlantian magic from Aquaman. 2. Responsibility, Damian constantly wants to run the Titans or sees being Batman as his future, basically that he will one day be the big man in charge. I think having someone who has learned to be a king while also a hero teach Damian the toughness of responsibility and leadership would be interesting to see.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-26-2020 at 12:49 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I feel like the Aquas would thrive under Batman. They're warriors and he teaches like an army general, it'd be a good fit.

Boisterously Confused

Barry Allen to train Damien. Poor twisted up kid could use mentoring from a really nice guy that's nowhere near as ****ed up as he is. Probably wouldn't work, but if anybody could convince him that kindness has power, Barry's the best option on the list.

aahhhh I as hoping Duke would be in the bat-pool when I saw Barry as a mentor option, I think Barry would be the perfect mentor for Duke in a sidekick exchange program. Metahuman detective (i know Barry isn't exactly a "detective" but you know) training a young metahuman detective would've been perfect.

of this list:

Kaldur'ahm and Arrowette are trained by Batman - I feel Batman's discipline and Gotham's more gritty crime scene would really help Kaldur move toward a more world-weary and competent Aqualad, closer to his YJ iteration, and Arrowette could use the more advanced training of being a Batmember too.

Cassandra Cain and Luke Fox should train under Green Arrow - Batman very much operates in a way that's decidedly above the social aspect of crime-fighting and I feel someone like Luke, who represents a more optimistic version of Bruce's path to heroism, and Cassandra, who hasn't had to learn too much about the social implications of crime, would get a much-needed lesson in perspective from Oliver. plus he'd help sharpen their survivalist skills, mainly Luke.

Emiko, Damian, and Stephanie go with The Flash - since i can't use Duke, I'll put Barry with the kids that need the emotional support and could use a lesson in optimism from the Flash. Plus, the wild Scifi adventures the Flash has would make for great creative problem-solving exercise for these, typically more grounded, young heroes.

Connor Hawke trained by Aquaman - IIRC Connor has mystical abilities like clairvoyance, I would like to see him growing in that sort of spiritual/mystical/magical direction. so I'd like to see Aquaman train him with the Sea Gods and the magics of ancient Atlantis, don't make him a waterbender or nothing but make him more of a supernatural hunter as opposed to a manhunter like his father.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 06-27-2020 at 10:26 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I pick Green Arrow to train Wallace West, reason being is that Ollie not only trains to have stuff on hand for situations but to also fight with speed and accuracy (the speed to take aim and fire his bow as needed). Seeing as how Wallace is a young man with super speed I figure Arrow can train him how to be more accurate as he moves fast.

My other choice is to have Aquaman train Damian. Now I know this sounds weird, but this for two reasons. 1. Damian seems to be really focused on Magic as of late and since Tempest knows Atlanta magic I could see Damian wanting to learn all he could about Atlantian magic from Aquaman. 2. Responsibility, Damian constantly wants to run the Titans or sees being Batman as his future, basically that he will one day be the big man in charge. I think having someone who has learned to be a king while also a hero teach Damian the toughness of responsibility and leadership would be interesting to see.
    ^^^those are REALLY well thought out, damn!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Barry Allen to train Damien. Poor twisted up kid could use mentoring from a really nice guy that's nowhere near as ****ed up as he is. Probably wouldn't work, but if anybody could convince him that kindness has power, Barry's the best option on the list.
    ^^^oh, that is just excellent reasoning. I could see Damian just hating that situation!

Batman and Kaldur would be highly competent, Aquaman and Damian would be funny cause Damian is naturally condescending and Aquaman is an easy target, Flash and Emiko I guess, and then Green Arrow and Impulse cause its another one that would be funny as Oliver would have no clue how the handle him and would probably end up jumping off a cliff.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-26-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Batman and Kaldur would be highly competent, Aquaman and Damian would be funny cause Damian is naturally condescending and Aquaman is an easy target, Flash and Emiko I guess, and then Green Arrow and Impulse cause its another one that would be funny as Oliver would have no clue how the handle him and would probably end up jumping off a cliff.
    Good reply thank you but this...

Oliver would have no clue how the handle him and would probably end up jumping off a cliff.
    ...made me laugh out loud!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    aahhhh I as hoping Duke would be in the bat-pool when I saw Barry as a mentor option, I think Barry would be the perfect mentor for Duke in a sidekick exchange program. Metahuman detective (i know Barry isn't exactly a "detective" but you know) training a young metahuman detective would've been perfect.
    Topic creator either forgot to include Duke (not sure why, when he remembered Luke) or deliberately excluded Duke despite Duke making more sense to be on their list than Luke.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Guy gardner or hal jordan trains jon kent.Damian trains under Clark.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-27-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Topic creator either forgot to include Duke (not sure why, when he remembered Luke) or deliberately excluded Duke despite Duke making more sense to be on their list than Luke.
    I chose one and not the other.

If this is going to become “a thing”, I’ll just have the mods delete the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I chose one and not the other.

If this is going to become “a thing”, I’ll just have the mods delete the thread.
    you're going to delete the thread because you chose one over the other? jeez dude relax, it's really not that deep you guys.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Good. Moving on.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Bats would pick any of the speedsters but Bart. Bruce would reeeeaaaaaaaaally like to have a speedster as a tactical advantage. Probably Iris or XS; Bart is unmanageable and Wallace too confrontational for his tastes.

I'd love a Barry/Damian set up, just to see Damian trying (and maybe succeeding) at being a better CSI.

And for some reason that I can't pin, Arthur/Steph sounds great!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!