Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Two X-Men Novels Releasing in Fall 2020

Aconyte has announced that the first five installments in their new line of Marvel prose novels will be published starting this October. One will focus on Domino while another follows the adventures of Triage and Tempus.

https://aconytebooks.com/press-relea...e-novel-range/

aconyte.jpg

aconyte2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    :O

The first Rogue news I've been excited about in months! cuz Excalibur sure isn't fulfilling my Rogue reading needs...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Fully admitting to and owning my literary/authorial snobbery, I've always wondered...are those YA Superhero prose things any good?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Fully admitting to and owning my literary/authorial snobbery, I've always wondered...are those YA Superhero prose things any good?
    I read the Mutant empire trilogy and enjoyed it. It was a fairly standard but decently written X-men adventure. I know the reason people tend to dislike these prose novels is because they feel the lack of art detracts from the story and makes it a downgrade from the typical comic format.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I read the Mutant empire trilogy and enjoyed it. It was a fairly standard but decently written X-men adventure. I know the reason people tend to dislike these prose novels is because they feel the lack of art detracts from the story and makes it a downgrade from the typical comic format.
    The lack of art should never be a detraction. If a novel is written well the words alone are enough to paint vivid pictures.

As with the prose I read, I would expect the author to be able to paint the pictures for me...if they fall short and all we get are schlocky dialogue and standard exposition interspersed with generic action, well...I'll stick to my Jacqueline Carey, G.G. Kay and Mark Lawrence.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Wait ... what?

Rogue cut!?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

No pictures in it?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Spectacular Member

Kinda makes me want to read the Triage & Tempus one just to see whether the author was able to escape the Tempus Ex Machina thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    while another follows the adventures of Triage and Tempus.
    That sems nice. Correct me if I'm worng, but a novel would be like a book, right? If it is the case, it'll b even more interesting to get the chance to dive deep inside these characters. I wonder if it'll be cannon. For both of these characters it seems likely, but I'm not sure about Domino's and Rogue's.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    That sems nice. Correct me if I'm worng, but a novel would be like a book, right? If it is the case, it'll b even more interesting to get the chance to dive deep inside these characters. I wonder if it'll be cannon. For both of these characters it seems likely, but I'm not sure about Domino's and Rogue's.
    Novel is book format with the slighty chance of pictures but it's main all words.

I wonder what version of Domino are they using the comic or movie version?

Fantastic Member

Anyone remember the Xmen trilogy novel Mutant Empire. It was written by Christopher Golden and just made available on audible

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    Anyone remember the Xmen trilogy novel Mutant Empire. It was written by Christopher Golden and just made available on audible
    I remember those books. In fact, I was collecting some of those Marvel prose novels that were being published back in the 1990s. I was more of a Spider-Man person (still am), but I had X-Men: Empire's End and Part 2 of the X-Men/Spider-Man team-up trilogy Time's Arrow.
    The spider is always on the hunt.