Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Use the Spectre to JUstice society like how the Phantom Stranger was used to the Bronze Age JUstice League.
    I really love this notion. He's always hanging around, but only occasionally engaged.

A step further: he takes a hand from time to time. The JSA gets used to it. They get gobsmacked by somebody like The Royal Flush Gang. The Spectre's answer to their protest that he stood aside amounts to "Dude. They were robbing a bank. Not committing real evil."

Incredible Member

the spectre will show up only if there's some cosmic entity like the time johnny sorrow and the king of tears debuted and the hal spectre showed up to try to stop them.

I wouldn't have him be a 'member' of the team. He just shows up when he's needed, where he's needed in his never ending quest against evil. Back in the 40's when there were like 10 super heroes... it looked like he was just part of the team... but now?? Now that there are hundreds of heroes fighting evil all over the globe... he's just as likely to pop up helping JSA as he is Teen Titans or Doom Patrol.

He doesn't have a lot of emotional attachment to who he helps.

I wouldn't make him a member. I'd make him a bit of an adversary. Not that they'd go against him, per se but that The Spectre is all about "Vengeance" and the JSA is about "Justice." It'd be like any number of those old myths where man is trying to prove something to the gods - that man can dispense their own justice and be trusted to run things rather than have God stick His nose in things to dispense His notion of vengeance. The Spectre would just pop up once in awhile in that capacity and there'd be a running dialogue about the ideas of justice v vengeance. And maybe once in awhile they'd have to "fight" to prove their point.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Have him sit in on the original meeting to judge the actual JSA's members and see if they can be trusted to pool their powers. They pass and he stops attending, but his presence at the first meeting where the iconic table shot comes into play establishes him as a founder.
    How cool is that!

Now I don’t understand something, would there necessarily be a problem with Spectre being on the team if Dr. Fate and Johnny Thunder were on the team? I mean Dr. Fate has the power of a literal god who wishes to impose order and Johnny has a legitimate genie. So is it really hard to say Spectre could be on this team as well?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I think because he is so powerful,he should not be a standing member,more like an ex officio where members seek guidance.If he is to physically intervene it should be on cosmic level crises against the likes of anti monitor,perpetua and the like

I wanted to replace him with The Crimson Avenger during Robinson's run on Earth 2. He was supposed to be an old hero brought back to life by Nemesis the greek goddess of vengeance.

I think the Spectre has moved past the JSA at this point.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Now I don’t understand something, would there necessarily be a problem with Spectre being on the team if Dr. Fate and Johnny Thunder were on the team? I mean Dr. Fate has the power of a literal god who wishes to impose order and Johnny has a legitimate genie. So is it really hard to say Spectre could be on this team as well?
    Well, if you add up Jay, Alan, Kara, the Thunderbolt, and Kent, the JSA is roughly as powerful as the League, maybe somewhat more, but if you put the Spectre on, nobody at all could beat them, ever. Plus, as stated, what the Spectre does is NOT often justice, but more along the vengeance line of country. I can't see pretty much anyone on the JSA willingly working with someone who regularly kills people in bizarre and grotesque ways. That's not how they should roll.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It's less the Spectre's power level and more who he is as a person.

Incredible Member

Early days of JSA aren't too much a problem, they can just say he didn't know how powerful he was and Corrigan was in more control for whatever reason. Like maybe Spectre did something to piss Presence off so he decides to let Corrigan have more control over Spectre. Or similarly Presence just nerfs Spectre for the same reason.

Then Spectre getting worse and worse and Corrigan kinda losing himself can prompt his removal from the team at one point. Then in modern days you can have the old guard being sad about how their friend ended up.

SPECTRE 6.jpgwhy do people always make things more difficult then they have to be.apparently he was part of the team years ago and even then he was the most powerful member of the team so what's change.put him on the team and just do stories with bigger Threats.

Extraordinary Member

What were Spectre’s villains that survived until the present day?

Retired

My solution for all powerful characters is the same: they each have their own rule book. So what Spec does is governed by his own self-imposed restrictions--and if he goes overboard then it's because he's given himself license to do so. As he keeps changing, his rule book keeps changing. The Spectre that was with the Justice Society had a set of rules that stopped him from destroying the world in pursuit of absolute justice.