Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Name a DC hero and pit them against a villain they haven't fought before

This may be difficult since there is a long history of DC heroes and villains.

But try to name a DC hero and pit them against a villain they may have never fought before that sounds interesting.

Aquaman & Lex Luthor

I think Arthur would have a lot of feelings about LexCorp polluting the ocean.

Extraordinary Member

This may have been done in the comics but I would love to see Wonder Woman vs Black Adam.

Green Lantern (Hal) v. Reverse-Flash. I know we've seen one panel of it, but a whole story could be interesting. And we'd have to show how Hal's familiarity with Barry plays a role in him having some knowledge of how to handle a speedster.

Legion of Superheroes v. Crime Syndicate. Load up the CS with versions of the satellite era League, Detroit League and JLI members, etc.

The Question (Vic) v. The Penguin. Gritty crime drama where Vic is investigating Cobblepot's criminal empire.

Green Arrow v. Lex Luthor (have we ever seen this?) I mean, if ever there was a "fatcat" for Ollie to want to take down...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The Question (Vic) v. The Penguin. Gritty crime drama where Vic is investigating Cobblepot's criminal empire.
    I would read this all day.

Also has The Question ever gone against Two Face?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Barbara Gordon and Talia

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Barbara Gordon and Talia
    OMG! I totally support this choice...

Green Lantern (Hal) v. Reverse-Flash. I know we've seen one panel of it, but a whole story could be interesting. And we'd have to show how Hal's familiarity with Barry plays a role in him having some knowledge of how to handle a speedster.

Legion of Superheroes v. Crime Syndicate. Load up the CS with versions of the satellite era League, Detroit League and JLI members, etc....
    I would love to see this happen!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Legion of Superheroes v. Crime Syndicate. Load up the CS with versions of the satellite era League, Detroit League and JLI members, etc.
    Ooh, this could be fun! The Crime Syndicate could indeed flesh out it's ranks with the B-team, Deathstorm, Atannaz, Barracuda, Blood Eagle, Deadeye, White Cat, Atomica, etc. but also perhaps even some 'Teen Syndicate' riffs on the Teen Titans, with Owlman's Talon having his own evil teen titans!

^^^HELL YES!

As for me…

The Doom Patrol VS Darkseid (on Apokolips)

The Warlord VS R’as Al Ghul (in a Skartaris invasion)

Martian Manhunter VS Earth Man (via time travel)

John Constantine VS Mister Mxyzptlk (in both their dimensions)

And finally…

Not even joking; name puns aside I think they would make ideal arch enemies.
    Last edited by Riv86672; 06-07-2023 at 01:20 PM.

Extraordinary Member

My head is spinning. Some INSANELY INCREDIBLE ideas in this thread so far!!!!!!

Etrigan the Demon vs H.I.V.E
    Swamp Thing vs Brother Blood

I don't know if Batman's ever been pitted again Black Manta before outside of small scenes in bigger JL stories, but I always thought Black Manta using Gotham Harbor for some smuggling operations and going up against Batman and fam would be a pretty cool story. Maybe set it up before the JL forms so he hasn't met Aquaman yet, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ooh, this could be fun! The Crime Syndicate could indeed flesh out it's ranks with the B-team, Deathstorm, Atannaz, Barracuda, Blood Eagle, Deadeye, White Cat, Atomica, etc. but also perhaps even some 'Teen Syndicate' riffs on the Teen Titans, with Owlman's Talon having his own evil teen titans!
    I'd love to see a Crime Syndicate world's take on the Teen Titans, but talking about evil CS/Earth 3 versions of teen teams in a potential LOSH story, kind of want to see what a Earth 3 LOSH looks like - guessing they'd be the Legion of Super Criminals, or maybe Legion of Super Villains.

Another vote for Lex Luthor to go against someone else.

This time.

Lex Luthor vs Black Adam.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Flash vs. Condiment King. Condiment King sprays ketchup and mustard on he street keeping Flash from being able to run.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Flash vs. Condiment King. Condiment King sprays ketchup and mustard on he street keeping Flash from being able to run.
    ^^^I was thinking Condiment King VS Matter Eater Lad…