Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

It was a good event until the moment they replaced Captain Atom with Hawk as the baddie.
    It never made any sense and undermined the story. Hawk never had the power level to support him being the baddie, and the convoluted explanantion was ...too convoluted.

IIRC the change was made because the Captain Atom reveal was prematurely leaked, so DC changed course. They should have stuck to their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    I wonder if that would come with a rainbow of Quantum fields. . . . . .
    Or maybe a Captain Atom Corps with Sargent Atom, Major Atom, Lt Atom, Admiral Atom, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    or maybe a captain atom corps with sargent atom, major atom, lt atom, admiral atom, etc...
    aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! The plausibility...!!!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ducklord View Post
    As I mentioned a few pages back, what really interests me is the question of who built the Monarch armor in the first place? It's not as though Hawk or Captain Atom are exactly teeming with mechanical engineering skills. So *who*, before all the time loops and predestination paradoxes, built this spectacular (if admitted kinda clunky looking) suit of Doctor Doom-level super-armor?

Personally, my money's on Per Degaton.
    I will agree the original look was a bit clunky, but the Countdown look was much better and more imposing. I think the main problem with the original was that weird high collar thing around the back of his head.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I will agree the original look was a bit clunky, but the Countdown look was much better and more imposing. I think the main problem with the original was that weird high collar thing around the back of his head.
    What did they do with Monarch in Countdown? I really don't want to have to re-read that to find out. Thanks.