Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Team Arrow (CW) vs Kingpin (Netflix Daredevil)

Team Arrow from season 1 replaces Team Daredevil from Netflix tv show's first season. Will Ollie succeed in stopping Fisk and his organisations goal? Fisk gets all the groups and allies he had from season 1.

I feel like Oliver's team would be more of a hinderance than a help in this instance.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

If Ollie is in his murderous period, he kills Fisk when he gets close enough. Arrows in the eyes and eye canal, fat and muscle won't help Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Ollie is in his murderous period, he kills Fisk when he gets close enough. Arrows in the eyes and eye canal, fat and muscle won't help Fisk.
    He's also physically superior to DD in everyday and more skilled. Fisk would be about as much of a threat to him as Brick was really. Maybe slightly more.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

I had heard that felicity became the reason the fans became disgusted with the show. Is she that bad? I seem to recall she was somewhat tolerable if not just annoying in the first three seasons

There were a bunch of reasons, but yeah Felicity was a big one. Some of her decisions were... challenging, to say the least.

Other things that soured it were everything about season 3 (especially that trip to Nanda Parbat), shitty villains thereafter, Ollie whining, the constant cycle of Team Arrow disbanding and regrouping, the ignoring of Roy Harper for about 4 or 5 seasons, Laurel’s story, and the long list of incredibly dumb scenes (I will never not mention the ‘room full of the internet’ - seriously, the room in which the Internet is kept... and one of the principal characters is supposedly an exceptional hacker, so you’d think knowing more about how the internet works than your average three-year old would be helpful in writing this show).

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I had heard that felicity became the reason the fans became disgusted with the show. Is she that bad? I seem to recall she was somewhat tolerable if not just annoying in the first three seasons
    She became unbearable in season 4. The writers tried to walk it back on later seasons to varying degrees of success

Why is Felicity... such an incredible hypocrite...?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I feel like Oliver's team would be more of a hinderance than a help in this instance.
    and she would go on to lie to him after this scene.

this was part of the reason i never got into arrow as i did flash and legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Why is Felicity... such an incredible hypocrite...?
    Ask the writers. What's worse is that her selfishness and self-righteous behavior has endangered the team multiple times and she's never called out on it,. More annoying is that every character, whether they are the heroes or the villains, will not espousing about how amazing, beautiful, intelligent, etc that she is. She's almost a textbook Mary Sue.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That. Plus, regarding the team issue, back in S1, while Ollie did listen to his team's input, he made it pretty clear that he had the final say (see for instance, Diggle trying to stop him from going out while dosed on Vertigo, and Ollie basically going "You're right, I can't aim... so I'm going out without my bow and arrows lol".)

The question is, will they be able to uncover the Fisk conspiracy? Because remember that Matt only learnt about him because Wesley hired Nelson and Murdock as Healy's attorneys, and Matt beat him up as the Man in the Mask after the trial.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Not having Matt's senses would prove to be an enormous problem for early Team Arrow.

And I'm sorry, Ollie is simply not better than Matt. At literally anything. Matt is casually quicker, more skilled, at least as tough, and has super senses. They are probably close in hitting power - Matt's best is one-shots trained mooks and swat cops, just like Ollie's.

Yes, if this was murderous Ollie from S1, he'd just kill Fisk from a distance as soon as, or if, he sussed out that Fisk was the bad guy. His only real issue would be if he lined up against Madame Gao or something: he was NOT ready to deal with her at that time. And of course, he may or may not be able to suss out that Fisk was the bad guy. Matt & Co. only worked it out by a combo of Matt's senses and Wesley/Fisk hiring them. Team Fisk would have no reason to break cover even slightly towards Ollie or Team Arrow.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Not having Matt's senses would prove to be an enormous problem for early Team Arrow.

And I'm sorry, Ollie is simply not better than Matt. At literally anything. Matt is casually quicker, more skilled, at least as tough, and has super senses. They are probably close in hitting power - Matt's best is one-shots trained mooks and swat cops, just like Ollie's.
    VERY debatable. If anything Ollie has the advantages aside from super senses and maybe better choreography. Unless you're only talking about season 1 Ollie.

Astonishing Member

Thus, the only thing that saves Wilson is NOT being near Ollie. He will destroy Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Not true on any level. DD did not show any form of notable reaction speed ever until season 2 while Oliver was catching arrows even back in S1. Oliver was casually shrugging off being hit by a chair and knocking people out with casual difficulty while DD had essentially paper fists throughout season 1 until near the end. You just have to compare the season 1 hallway fights between the two of them for that example. And no, Matt is nowhere near as skilled as someone who was taking on guys like Nobu(Malcolm)easier than Matt did(who only legit beat him by the end of season 2).

S1 Matt is more comparable to Nolan Batman but without the gadgets.

Oliver is better, and DD doesn't get to S1 Oliver's level until Defenders.

if this was murderous Ollie from S1, he'd just kill Fisk from a distance as soon as, or if, he sussed out that Fisk was the bad guy. His only real issue would be if he lined up against Madame Gao or something: he was NOT ready to deal with her at that time. And of course, he may or may not be able to suss out that Fisk was the bad guy. Matt & Co. only worked it out by a combo of Matt's senses and Wesley/Fisk hiring them. Team Fisk would have no reason to break cover even slightly towards Ollie or Team Arrow.
    There is nothing to suggest either Gao or Fisk would be giving Oliver anything he hadn't dealt with from Malcolm.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral