Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Dude, Gao does her TK punch thingies at like a class 10 level. She will one-shot Ollie trivially.

And we don't cherry-pick DD, we go by high end consistent with presentation, and that is "catching an arrow while in an argument and keeping his girlfriend alive in a swerving taxi" which is miles better than anything Ollie ever did.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ask the writers. What's worse is that her selfishness and self-righteous behavior has endangered the team multiple times and she's never called out on it,. More annoying is that every character, whether they are the heroes or the villains, will not espousing about how amazing, beautiful, intelligent, etc that she is. She's almost a textbook Mary Sue.
    I just saw the scene where Laurel dies.. and with her dying breath, she's talking about Felicity to Ollie.

Wow man. WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Dude, Gao does her TK punch thingies at like a class 10 level. She will one-shot Ollie trivially.

And we don't cherry-pick DD, we go by high end consistent with presentation, and that is "catching an arrow while in an argument and keeping his girlfriend alive in a swerving taxi" which is miles better than anything Ollie ever did.
    So none of this is true. Gao can't hit that hard, and she isn't fast enough to avoid an arrow, while DD never did what you're claiming during season 1 and even if he had, Oliver did better when he was dodging arrows that were shot at him from an oncoming archer on a motorcycle that he himself was driving towards said arrows on a motorcycle. That's beyond the feat you cited. And yes,
    THIS Is a consistent showing for DD while this

is a consistent showing of Olivier. Like the arrow feat above, this is well beyond DDs hallway fight(s).
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Ollie has also drawn and shot an incoming grenade launcher after it had already been fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Ollie has also drawn and shot an incoming grenade launcher after it had already been fired.
    Think that was season 2, though it was near the beginning of the season.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Think that was season 2, though it was near the beginning of the season.
    You're right, but I think big was talking about DD being better throughout the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    You're right, but I think big was talking about DD being better throughout the series.
    Oh, well if that's the case then being kicked off the mountain after being stabbed and being relatively okay and being smacked around by a piece of metal ripped out of a train seat by Damian trumps every single last durability feat DD has ever shown, so Oliver has skill, durability, strength, and speed over DD. That shouldn't even be up to debate as that's been universally agreed upon on here for a long time. Oliver even picked up his training a lot easier and faster than DD did his, showing that he is indeed the more skilled fighter(Talia did not take long training Oliver before he went from being beat on by Ivan Drago to kicking the tar out of him), and picked up on his training from the league very quickly as well, going from being smacked around by Ras to going toe to toe with him.

All in all, DD only has his superior senses over Oliver.
    Last edited by Cody; 06-29-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

To be fair to both of them:
    -Matt did have some good speed feats in S1, like deflecting an arrow out of the air, or some solid aim-dodging feats (the main one that comes in mind is him dodging machine gun fire in S1E13, after he gets the suit).

(Note: I can't see the video from France, please confirm for those who can see, can't be bothered to reinstall Tor).

-Ollie, back in S1, did have some knowledge of pressure points, like in S1E12 where he fakes someone's death and then revives him, or S1E20 where he stops an attempt to use a pressure point on his person. Not claiming he is as skilled as comicbook Batman, and the combat application is admittedly limited, but I thought it was worth mentioning in terms of skill .

This is also Season 1 era Oliver.

Astonishing Member

Ollie once caught a Flash punch on the way in. Again, if he gets close to Fisk, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Ollie once caught a Flash punch on the way in. Again, if he gets close to Fisk, that's it.
    Eh, Barry didn't seem to be using his speed at that point (I think he was focused on healing his leg, or at least the pain it was causing him right now)

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    To be fair to both of them:
    -Matt did have some good speed feats in S1, like deflecting an arrow out of the air, or some solid aim-dodging feats (the main one that comes in mind is him dodging machine gun fire in S1E13, after he gets the suit).

(Note: I can't see the video from France, please confirm for those who can see, can't be bothered to reinstall Tor).

-Ollie, back in S1, did have some knowledge of pressure points, like in S1E12 where he fakes someone's death and then revives him, or S1E20 where he stops an attempt to use a pressure point on his person. Not claiming he is as skilled as comicbook Batman, and the combat application is admittedly limited, but I thought it was worth mentioning in terms of skill .
    Arrow deflecting wasn't until season 2 of DD.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Arrow deflecting wasn't until season 2 of DD.
    Nope, video proof around 7:30 (couldn't get that scene outside of a reaction video)

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    Eh, Barry didn't seem to be using his speed at that point (I think he was focused on healing his leg, or at least the pain it was causing him right now)

Also, Barry tends to job a lot. Dude is still running facefirst into attacks.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Also, Barry tends to job a lot. Dude is still running facefirst into attacks.
    It was Season 6 this year, right?... I think it's reasonable to say that he is hopeless at this point.