Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The more I think about it. What if they were a group? In Wonder Woman 77. Helena was used and was a singer. What if she hypnotizes the others. The more I think about combing Helena's and Perez's origin would be good. She was a dancer due to an accident by Diana she winds up crossing paths with Ares. Who will give her beauty? In exchange, she becomes his champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't like everyone else looking like morons. And there are telepaths and empaths and so forth among them.

For them not to listen to their long-time ally when she says something is wrong or someone can't be trusted is just wrong. They don't agree to agree with her about everything, but not to even listen or investigate - nope. Only think worse would be having only Bruce listen/know the truth.
    Yeah the original story was something I think was bad. That level of conniving is not realistic. Especially not in an organization like the JL.

It's kinda like in the JLU episode where Superman fights Batson. It works as a spur of the moment thing, but to make it last would take a character arc like with Hawkgirl in JL, but more so because not only is she hiding her goals, she's planting a LOT of false evidence. It'd be akin to Hawk Girl making it look like it was the Gordanians or Martians who were actually trying to blow up Earth with the Hyperspace Bypass. It's a lot of links in the chain of events, and if even one goes wrong the gambit fails.

The reason the Hawk Girl story worked is that she wasn't ACTIVELY acting against the League. She was passively supporting the Thanagarians with intelligence data. The only point of failure was the possibility of the League hearing her transmit data. Even then it's not particularly incriminating unless they decode it and find something important.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I don't like everyone else looking like morons. And there are telepaths and empaths and so forth among them.

For them not to listen to their long-time ally when she says something is wrong or someone can't be trusted is just wrong. They don't agree to agree with her about everything, but not to even listen or investigate - nope. Only think worse would be having only Bruce listen/know the truth.
    It's magic, Silver Swan has a charm. The spell that turns her from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan also makes people see her personality as beautiful, no matter what she does. Deep magic can defy telepaths, empaths and even common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It's magic, Silver Swan has a charm. The spell that turns her from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan also makes people see her personality as beautiful, no matter what she does. Deep magic can defy telepaths, empaths and even common sense.
    Magical hypnosis could work, but the Ares origin had it that her powers didn't stay turned on for more than 1 hour at a time and the other two origins aren't magic.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Magical hypnosis could work, but the Ares origin had it that her powers didn't stay turned on for more than 1 hour at a time and the other two origins aren't magic.
    I know, I'm mashing them all together. I'm taking away Vanessa's control of birds (which was pretty useless because Diana could control them too, so it only served to exercise her unity with beasts power that often goes underutilized) and possibly her razor wings and giving her "permanent" transformation to Helen.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I know, I'm mashing them all together. I'm taking away Vanessa's control of birds (which was pretty useless because Diana could control them too, so it only served to exercise her unity with beasts power that often goes underutilized) and possibly her razor wings and giving her "permanent" transformation to Helen.
    Well if you're going to mash the origins together.. science based mutate whose powers were unimpressive so her bosses added some cybernetics, then Ares is like "time to choose a new champion" and stuff.

Astonishing Member

I think WW needs villains and villainesses.

DC does not need more heroes...it doesn't know what to do with the heroes and heroines that it has.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think WW needs villains and villainesses.

DC does not need more heroes...it doesn't know what to do with the heroes and heroines that it has.
    DC's problem is that the villains who are truly sympathetic or deserve a second chance never get the opportunity, while the villains with no redeeming qualities whatsoever get pushed as antiheroes by certain writers and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    DC's problem is that the villains who are truly sympathetic or deserve a second chance never get the opportunity, while the villains with no redeeming qualities whatsoever get pushed as antiheroes by certain writers and fans.
    Hmmm this sounds like you have a list of people in mind, sharing time!