Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Trail View Post
    Yeah, other than still not knowing when Wolfman actually defended Slade, I'm pretty much in agreement with what you wrote. However, I would mention that my reading of the Terra in makeup scene in TJC back when it was first published (and I wasn't must older than the character) was not so much "Terra's a tramp," as "Terra has totally snowed Garth." Beyond that, as mentioned before, I never saw Slade as anything but a complete b@$t@rd
    It's interesting that it went unaddressed/acknowledged for so long, really.

I mean, later writers retroactively absolved Terra, indicating that it was her powers that made her crazy, doing much the same to Geoforce. Slade was retroactively revealed to be responsible, though the why was never addressed (like, why a freelance merc beholden only to money would need/create earth moving superhumans), yet...they never seemed to want to admit him banging Terra. Even when he was full on villain mode

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's interesting that it went unaddressed/acknowledged for so long, really.

I mean, later writers retroactively absolved Terra, indicating that it was her powers that made her crazy, doing much the same to Geoforce. Slade was retroactively revealed to be responsible, though the why was never addressed (like, why a freelance merc beholden only to money would need/create earth moving superhumans), yet...they never seemed to want to admit him banging Terra. Even when he was full on villain mode
    Slade didn't give her powers. He gave her a serum that allowed him to control her (or so the retcon went).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Slade didn't give her powers. He gave her a serum that allowed him to control her (or so the retcon went).
    During Final Crisis, Slade revealed to Geoforce that he was the reason behind him and Terra getting their powers. He was an 'investment' (which is dumb, as Slade's only concern is with money).

They went pretty far to absolve Terra, all things considered

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier TV show has become a thread for a new political commentary:

Decades of pro-police entertainment have allowed officers to cloak themselves in an almost Steve Rogers/Captain America-esque garb of superheroes protecting our streets from the bad guys. The reality, for Black and other communities of color, is that policing is so often more resemblant of John Walker/U.S. Agent, the antagonist in this season’s "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier." Like the conclusion of so many police violence videos, Walker crushes opposition under the weight of the shield, the flag and the silence of bystanders.

Coming into office, Biden pledged to have the backs of the Black community that propelled him there. Any White House action must be weighed against that promise.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/7192178002/

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    During Final Crisis, Slade revealed to Geoforce that he was the reason behind him and Terra getting their powers. He was an 'investment' (which is dumb, as Slade's only concern is with money).

They went pretty far to absolve Terra, all things considered
    While shying away from acknowledging Slade as a rapist (until recently).