Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked Kevin Costner in Robin Hood. But then I have a soft spot for that movie- it was one of three movies I ownded on VHS when I was a kid, and I watched it almost every day after school for like a year.

The other two movies I owned were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie and Short Circuit 2.
    same here except replace Short Circut with demolition man and add Rapa Nui( anyones who polynesian have almost certainly seen this movie,Whale Rider, and Once were warriors. Fun fact as the go to poly actor prior to The rock and Mamoa Cliff Curtis is in all 3 of those films lol.)

Haven't watched Robin Hood again since like middle school though. I dont recall disliking Costner at all. But yea rapey Alan Rickman stands out the most in the movie.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 07-01-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Benedict Cumberbatch in Star Trek Into Darkness. I won’t say he made the film unwatchable, but he was part of what made that the most painful theater going experience in my life
    He definitely didn't bring the screen presence to it that Ricardo Montalban did. Mind you, I know the style of acting Montalban was trained in is considered over-acting now and even then but he brought a life and energy to the role. Benedict Cumberbatch is a good actor but very miscast in that role. I do realize that is largely based on picturing Montalban as the "right" way to play it but still.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I liked Kevin Costner in Robin Hood. But then I have a soft spot for that movie- it was one of three movies I ownded on VHS when I was a kid, and I watched it almost every day after school for like a year.

The other two movies I owned were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie and Short Circuit 2.
    For all the ridicule that movie got, I liked it. They did a poll on a local station about who was the "better" Robin Hood. Errol Flynn or Kevin Costner. Flynn won but barely and the poll was only advertised during a week long Errol Flynn Robin Hood marathon.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    He definitely didn't bring the screen presence to it that Ricardo Montalban did. Mind you, I know the style of acting Montalban was trained in is considered over-acting now and even then but he brought a life and energy to the role. Benedict Cumberbatch is a good actor but very miscast in that role. I do realize that is largely based on picturing Montalban as the "right" way to play it but still.
    I hadn't even seen Montalban's Khan at the time I hated Into Darkness. But knowing the character makes Custardpants' acting in this even worse