View Poll Results: Do you want to see Ben Riley a member of Guardians of the Galaxy?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dear God No..

19 54.29%
  • I'm in favor of it.

7 20.00%
  • It depends on what he could offer to the team.

10 28.57%
  • I can't see Ben getting along with the team

5 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Pretty sure that's just Spider-Man Unlimited
    Technically, most of Spider-Man Unlimited was on a version of Counter-Earth that was dominated by the High Evolutionary and his Beastials, not necessarily the future, even if Counter-Earth was more technologically advanced than regular Earth. That said, as one of those who actually liked Spider-Man Unlimited, I'd be down for Ben Reilly in a similar setting, too. Him as Counter-Earth's Spider-Man could give him a chance to stand out on his own, and given his past experiences, he'd be more acclimated to life on the run and in the shadows than Peter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Technically, most of Spider-Man Unlimited was on a version of Counter-Earth that was dominated by the High Evolutionary and his Beastials, not necessarily the future, even if Counter-Earth was more technologically advanced than regular Earth. That said, as one of those who actually liked Spider-Man Unlimited, I'd be down for Ben Reilly in a similar setting, too. Him as Counter-Earth's Spider-Man could give him a chance to stand out on his own, and given his past experiences, he'd be more acclimated to life on the run and in the shadows than Peter.
    and this is really the crux of where I wanted to go. Perhaps Ben needs to be somewhere where no one has heard of Peter and there is no comparison. It might really let him stand out as a character.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    and this is really the crux of where I wanted to go. Perhaps Ben needs to be somewhere where no one has heard of Peter and there is no comparison. It might really let him stand out as a character.
    That could work. That could definitely work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The problem comes from there are better characters to use who fit the Team better. This is of course towards other characters going into other books as well, where unless a reason does call for it we should allow the books be filled with appropriate characters.