Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I don’t think Commander Steel, Steel or Citizen Steel have one.

I don’t think Bumblebee or Vox have one.

I don't think Peacemaker has a specific opposite coin nemesis.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't think Peacemaker has a specific opposite coin nemesis.
    I don’t think any of the Charlton heroes do besides Blue Beetle and Captain Atom, I think?

Does the Creeper?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don’t think Bumblebee or Vox have one.
    Changeling and Raven also, of the more prominent Titans. Does Donna Troy have an opposite? I'm not sure Devastation counts, since she's more of a Diana / Cassie foe...

(Nightwing/Deathwing, Starfire/Blackfire, Cyborg/Grid)

Aqualad (Jackson or Garth) and Roy Harper don't have evil versions, that I can think of. An evil Atlantean or an evil archer could be fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Changeling and Raven also, of the more prominent Titans. Does Donna Troy have an opposite? I'm not sure Devastation counts, since she's more of a Diana / Cassie foe...

Aqualad (Jackson or Garth) and Roy Harper don't have evil versions, that I can think of. An evil Atlantean or an evil archer could be fun.
    Changeling/Beast Boy has Zookeeper. Donna has Dark Angel.

Raven is complicated. You could say one of Trigon’s other kids is her evil counterpart. Or you could say her father himself is her evil counterpart. Then there are arguments that her internal demon form unleashed is her evil counterpart.(see Dick and Kory’s wedding).

Back when the original Titans reunited. Vandal Savage set up a group called Tartarus as the evil counterparts to the original Titans with: Lady Vic (Nightwing), Grodd (Wally), Siren (Garth), Red Panzer (Donna) and Cheshire (Roy).
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-29-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think there was an issue of a comic based on the animated Teen Titans (the good cartoon) that had an evil archer version of Roy Harper. Teen Tyrants, maybe.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 06-30-2020 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    I thought Granite Lady was Plastic Man's evil opposite. But I guess she's only in DCAU.
    Apparently she's from the Golden Age!
    To be fair, I never heard of her before, because... I'm just not that up on Plastic Man lore. Probably be pretty easy to think she's just animated. She seems to be a classic Plas adversary, which I think gives her a little more street cred than Plasma Man, not that there's anything wrong with the Dreadfuls. She only seems to have one appearance, from 1946, but she's in good company - Black Adam himself only showed up once in the Golden Age, after all. I'm not sure if she counts as an evil opposite or not, since I haven't read the story.

I don’t think any of the Charlton heroes do besides Blue Beetle and Captain Atom, I think?

Does the Creeper?
    Ted Kord has an evil double? I've never seen that.

Creeper's not Charlton, but I don't think he does either, though sometimes creators frame him as a sort of "good Joker," which is... not really accurate in any way to Steve Ditko's original take, but... fine.

Side note, in the Golden Age, for his one appearance, Metalo is framed as an evil doppelganger of sorts for Superman himself - he does super-feats that "only" Superman could do, he cracks wise like Superman, he gets a good hit in on Superman - almost unheard of in those days - and he even wears a cape.

I think that original Metalo probably falls into the category of characters that might be framed as evil counterparts, but who don't look like evil counterparts - like Deathstroke for Batman, for example. I like those characters a bit more for the main DC Earth, I really only love the very On-The-Nose doubles as Earth 3 figures.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    ...I think that original Metalo probably falls into the category of characters that might be framed as evil counterparts, but who don't look like evil counterparts - like Deathstroke for Batman, for example. I like those characters a bit more for the main DC Earth, I really only love the very On-The-Nose doubles as Earth 3 figures.
    The positioning of Deathstroke against Batman has always made my teeth grind a bit. He was not designed as anybody's "evil twin" but as a long-standing mercenary of whose presence we were just becoming aware on his first appearance.

If anything, Deathstroke is a dark Mirror of Marvel's Captain America. The closest DC opposites might be the original Steel or Cadmus' clone of Jim (Guardian) Harper. No disrespect to Adekis' view intended, but Deathstroke was created to stare down a whole team, including a demi-amazon, a cyborg, an alien warrior, a superspeedster, and a witch. Reseating him across from Batman always seemed a distinctive example of Batgodding.

Extraordinary Member

Does Uncle Sam, Phantom Lady, Black Condor and the Ray have evil counterparts?

Boisterously Confused

Does Uncle Sam, Phantom Lady, Black Condor and the Ray have evil counterparts?
    There are other spiritual national symbols like Sam, but generally not posed as adversaries. I imagine DC hasn't been interested in publishing that kind of villain since The USSR collapsed

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    There are other spiritual national symbols like Sam, but generally not posed as adversaries. I imagine DC hasn't been interested in publishing that kind of villain since The USSR collapsed
    Never mind. I just found one for Uncle Sam.

The American Scream.

Extraordinary Member

Garth’s evil uncle Slizzath, was his evil counterpart when he was Tempest.

Merlin had an evil archer sidekick Turk, but he was Arrowette’s generation, not Roy’s

Mighty Member

I’m trying to get a list of superheroes or teams without evil counterparts:
    For example: Superman would have Zod, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, possibly Eradicator, Superboy Prime, Ultraman.

While the team Superman is on, JUstice League has Crime Syndicate.

Or Plastic Man has one in Plasaman and the team he’s on, The Terrifics, have the Dreadfuls.
    Can you explain the rules for what you are searching for?

BECAUSE
    -are you searching for the SAME!!!! Character only as evil version?
    Conner Kent (Superboy) vs Conner Kent (Titans of Tomorrow) and Black Zero and mind-controlled by Lex Conner Kent (Superboy TT)??
    -are you searching for villains who have the same powers as the hero?
    Flash-Reverse Flash?
    If you are searching for same powers does it matter if the counterpart is male or female?

Superman,Supergirl,Jonathan Samuel Kent and Conner Kent would basically all have then the same counterpart (EVIL KRYPTONIAN).

BECAUSE

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Superman: Bizzaro, Ultraman, Zod, Cyborg Superman, Eradicator

Wonder Woman: Superwoman, Grail, Flashpoint Wonder Woman

Batman: Owlman, Wraith, Batman Who Laughs, Hell any of the Dark Knights would make this a long list

Flash: Reverse Flash, Zoom, Future Flash, Red Death, Bizzaro Flash

Green Lantern: Honestly could be paralleled by any evil Lantern, Sinestro, Atrocitus, Parralax Hal

Aquaman: Ocean Master, Kordax, Atlan, Sea King, Bizzaro Aquaman

Cyborg: Grid
    RED DEATH for example is the counterpart of Bruce (if you say SAME CHARACTER), but Flash (if the POWERS matter)

SUPERWOMAN (Member of the Crime Syndicate) is a MIX of Lois Lane and Wonder Woman with the powers of a Kryptonian and the Lasso of Donna Troy
    So she basically could count for evil counterpart of Wonder Woman and Lois Lane BUT! also as evil Counterpart for any Kryptonian given her powers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Captain Atom has Major Force
    ]
    And BOMBSHELL probably...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Can you explain the rules for what you are searching for?

BECAUSE
    -are you searching for the SAME!!!! Character only as evil version?
    Conner Kent (Superboy) vs Conner Kent (Titans of Tomorrow) and Black Zero and mind-controlled by Lex Conner Kent (Superboy TT)??
    -are you searching for villains who have the same powers as the hero?
    Flash-Reverse Flash?
    If you are searching for same powers does it matter if the counterpart is male or female?

Superman,Supergirl,Jonathan Samuel Kent and Conner Kent would basically all have then the same counterpart (EVIL KRYPTONIAN).

BECAUSE

RED DEATH for example is the counterpart of Bruce (if you say SAME CHARACTER), but Flash (if the POWERS matter)

SUPERWOMAN (Member of the Crime Syndicate) is a MIX of Lois Lane and Wonder Woman with the powers of a Kryptonian and the Lasso of Donna Troy
    So she basically could count for evil counterpart of Wonder Woman and Lois Lane BUT! also as evil Counterpart for any Kryptonian given her powers.
    I would count all of those except mind-controlled Connor.

I wouldn’t count Titans of Tomorrow Bart because he was good all along.