Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Evil counterparts

Hey guys.

I’m trying to make a list of superheroes without evil counterparts.
    Like Iron Fist with Steel Serpent, wouldn’t be on the list.

This will be a tricky one.

I think Tigra and Falcon would qualify.

D Man? Jubilee? Cannonball? Quicksilver? Dazzler? Banshee? Sabra? Dum Dum Dugan? Spectrum? Puck? Hepzibah? Doop?
    Last edited by Riv86672; 06-28-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Individually, most of the X-Men don't have a Mirror, but collectively, they've had The Brotherhood, and occasionally each other. In a similar manner, The Inhuman Royal Family have Maximus and his rebels, but Black Bolt has no real opposite number.

Luke Cage never really had an opposite number. He fought some tough guys, but none that's really a counterpart to him. Likewise, Daredevil has a long list of capable fighters on his dance card, I don't know that he's got anyone that matches his sensory abilities.
    Hank Pym had a character called Dr. Nemesis that duplicated most of his size-changing abilities, but I don't know if they ever gave Scott Lang an anti-Ant-Man. The Vision doesn't really have an opposite. Spectrum doesn't have a mirror, unless you want to count Blackout. As a solo player, I don't think Dazzler ever had a counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Likewise, Daredevil has a long list of capable fighters on his dance card, I don't know that he's got anyone that matches his sensory abilities.
    There's Ikari who was introduced in Mark Waid's run. He has a radar sense just like Daredevil but isn't blind and wears a ninja version of the original Daredevil costume.

The Vision doesn't really have an opposite.
    Would Ultron count?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    D Man? Jubilee? Cannonball? Quicksilver? Dazzler? Banshee? Sabra? Dum Dum Dugan? Spectrum? Puck? Hepzibah? Doop?
    I consider Black Tom Cassidy and Mortis evil counterparts of Banshee and Dazzler respectfully.

Cannonball and the New Mutants has Jetstream and the Hellions.

The new Yellowjacket is now Scott Lang’s counterpart.

Luke Cage had Powermaster in the 90s.

Ikari is definitely one for Daredevil.

Jessica Jones doesn’t have one. So the tv show retcon her mom as one.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-28-2020 at 02:50 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    There's Ikari who was introduced in Mark Waid's run. He has a radar sense just like Daredevil but isn't blind and wears a ninja version of the original Daredevil costume.
    I missed that run. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Would Ultron count?
    I could see that. Just seems he's more an Avengers enemy that an individual Vision foe.

Astonishing Member

Do they have to be iconic? Because Vision had an evil version of himself during the 1990s Gathering and Daredevil and the X Men (virtually everyone really) had evil doppelgangers during the Infinity War event.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Both collectively, and as individuals the Runaways don't really have any evil counterparts. Not unless you count the characters introduced in the prose novel that was published a few years ago, their name escapes me but it was essentially an inverted concept. Instead of them being the good offspring of supervillains, they were the evil children of heroic parents.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Ultimate Member

One of the short lived Soviet Super-Soldier variants had, IIRC, a Vision-analogue named Sputnik, and a Thor-variant name Perun.

Captain America / Red Guardian, amusingly. Iron Man has scads of them. Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man, in the past, Iron-Monger, more recently.

Not really seeing an 'evil Scarlet Witch' out there, and while there are bad-guy Speedsters, like Whizzer (the Squadron Sinister version) and Speed Demon, none have ever been positioned as Quicksilver foes, that I recall.

No evil Moondragon that I can think of (although half of the early Avengers *are* their own 'dark reflection...'), or evil Jean Grey, or evil Cyclops, or evil Storm. (But definitely an evil Professor X/Cassandra Nova, Cable/Stryfe, Beast/Dark Beast. Tons of evil Wolverines.)

While there are multiple evil foursomes, such as the U-Foes, to parallel the Fantastic Four, and a few 'evil Mr. Fantastics' in 'the Maker' and 'the Brute,' and assorted evil big bruisers kinda/sorta like the Thing (Ironclad), not a lot of strong parallels to Susan, particularly, in their 'dark reflections.'

Evil Hulks and Spider-Men aplenty.

Now I want an evil Daimon Hellstrom twist, who is descended from a human and a higher celestial entity, a sort of nephilim, and who uses the powers from that heritage to do evil... (Perhaps being rabid about purging the world of 'unclean things,' like other supernaturally empowered folk like the Hellstroms, werewolves, etc. and 'black magicians,' which would encompass pretty much anyone using any magic that doesn't tap directly into the source of their own powers/faith!) Hellstrom / Ghost Rider / etc. uses the power of evil to do good. Their dark reflection uses the power of good to do evil!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Both collectively, and as individuals the Runaways don't really have any evil counterparts. Not unless you count the characters introduced in the prose novel that was published a few years ago, their name escapes me but it was essentially an inverted concept. Instead of them being the good offspring of supervillains, they were the evil children of heroic parents.
    Truthfully, I consider their parents their evil counterparts.

Though technically the Runaways are good counterpart to the Pride, since the Pride came first.

Ultimate Member

I was just thinking of the various 'evil Thors' out there, ranging from Perun to Ragnarok, and then remembered that the first real dark mirror was Loki. They've got totally different powersets, but fill the same thematic niche as immortal brothers.

I'm not sure if Yelena (Black Widow 2) counts as an 'evil version' of Natasha. Various other lady Avengers like Tigra and Hellcat and Monica Rambeau and She-Hulk (Red She-Hulk, perhaps?) also seem less likely to face off against evil mirror-images of themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Hellcat has her ex-husband Mad Dog.

She-Hulk has had Red She-Hulk and various female Abominations like Abominatrix, Mess and Adrenazon.

Black Widow has the current Red Widow.

Most forget that back in the 60s, Dr Doom had 3 hired accomplices to take on the F4 with him. An immune to fire guy, a conman who could hear things naked to the eye and a guy with peak strength. Designed to be evil counterparts to Johnny, Sue and Ben. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Terri...io_(Earth-616)

Madelyne Pryor is evil Jean Grey. Vulcan was evil Cyclops.

Satana started as both a female counterpart and evil counterpart to her brother Damion Helstrom.

Scarlet Witch’s last series gave her the evil counterpart the Emerald Warlock.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Dian_(Earth-616)

Vox were Black Bolt’s and the Inhumans evil counterparts.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 06-28-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was just thinking of the various 'evil Thors' out there, ranging from Perun to Ragnarok, and then remembered that the first real dark mirror was Loki. They've got totally different powersets, but fill the same thematic niche as immortal brothers.

I'm not sure if Yelena (Black Widow 2) counts as an 'evil version' of Natasha. Various other lady Avengers like Tigra and Hellcat and Monica Rambeau and She-Hulk (Red She-Hulk, perhaps?) also seem less likely to face off against evil mirror-images of themselves.
    She-Hulk had Titania for an opposite for some time.

As these lists pile up, it seems to me that characters are less likely get a mirror unless they have a solo feature. Sabertooth, for example, was not created as a Wolverine opposite, Claremont retrofitted him for the role. So it doesnt surprise me that we're not seeing a lot of mainly team characters with mirrors.

BANNED

Black Panther: Killmonger/Golden Jaguar, White Wolf, American Panther, Nighthawk?, over at DC you have Red Lion

Captain Marvel: Moonstone, Superia, Star, WarBird, There was one I think in the KSD run while got Carol’s powers and fought her in the past

Doctor Strange: Mordo, Kaecilius, Warren Traveler, over at DC you have Deimos who aesthetically kinda looks like Dr. Strange
    8208EBE8-D5F7-42C8-B4D9-655856A4BE5B.jpg

Black Bolt: Vox, Skrull Black Bolt
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 06-28-2020 at 02:53 PM.