Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I believe when Wolverine’s Weapon X program history was retcon into the Weapon “Ten” Program, it said Luke Cage and Warhawk’s experiments was one of the different numbered programs.
    Huh, that makes sense, I guess. It's neat to tie all the various super-soldier stuff together, however loosely, and suggest that, even if one had nothing to do with the other, the research from one led to developments in another, or some background researcher worked on both, etc.

Tie in the super-soldier serum, Green Goblin's research on a strength-enhancing formula, the Power Broker's research, that Soviet-era research that made super-big pilots for the Titanium Man armors, etc. maybe connect them to various other scientists, in various ways, like find out that some of the initial Power Broker research came from thought experiments from when Reed (or von Doom!) was in college, and now they are kind of put-out about it 'getting out' and being used that way, or old notes found abandoned from previous work by the High Evolutionary (back when he was just 'Herbert'), or the three scientists who made up 'the Enclave.'

Marvel history is just rich as hell. So much to plunder!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Huh, that makes sense, I guess. It's neat to tie all the various super-soldier stuff together, however loosely, and suggest that, even if one had nothing to do with the other, the research from one led to developments in another, or some background researcher worked on both, etc.

Tie in the super-soldier serum, Green Goblin's research on a strength-enhancing formula, the Power Broker's research, that Soviet-era research that made super-big pilots for the Titanium Man armors, etc. maybe connect them to various other scientists, in various ways, like find out that some of the initial Power Broker research came from thought experiments from when Reed (or von Doom!) was in college, and now they are kind of put-out about it 'getting out' and being used that way, or old notes found abandoned from previous work by the High Evolutionary (back when he was just 'Herbert'), or the three scientists who made up 'the Enclave.'

Marvel history is just rich as hell. So much to plunder!
    Indeed, and if you check out Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12, you can explicitly tie Norman Osborn's research on what would become known as the "goblin formula" to a long-term program by corrupt businesspeople and government officials to create enhanced human operatives that would prevent the then-nascent superhero population from using their abilities to meaningfully change the status quo by keeping them distracted with more "immediate" threats and dangers to the public. Come to think of it, that whole project could even be thought of as a corporatized offshoot of the militarization and weaponization of superpowers and superhumans being carried out by Weapon Plus.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Indeed, and if you check out Mark Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man #1-12, you can explicitly tie Norman Osborn's research on what would become known as the "goblin formula" to a long-term program by corrupt businesspeople and government officials to create enhanced human operatives that would prevent the then-nascent superhero population from using their abilities to meaningfully change the status quo by keeping them distracted with more "immediate" threats and dangers to the public. Come to think of it, that whole project could even be thought of as a corporatized offshoot of the militarization and weaponization of superpowers and superhumans being carried out by Weapon Plus.
    The Conspiracy miniseries from 1998 also supports this.

The Conspiracy miniseries from 1998 also supports this.
    Hmm, I've heard of that one. I think I'll have to check it out.

Extraordinary Member

Does Wasp have an evil counterpart?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't think The Thing, the Human Torch or the Invisible Woman have evil counterparts
    I would argue Super Skrull counts.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Ultimate Member

Does Wasp have an evil counterpart?
    Rita DeMara?

Kinda / sorta, although she's was 'evil' for about a hot second... Wasp was her first foe, IIRC, when she stole the Yellowjacket suit, engaged the shrinking powers, and had her freakout. Shortest 'super-villain' fight that didn't involve Scourge.

Extraordinary Member

I guess Power Pack doesn’t have an evil counterpart or rival evil team.

What ever happened to Carol's AU counterpart from her Civil War-era run?
    I remember her being taken away by SHIELD seriously injured, after attempting to kill Rogue, but I dont remember her ever popping up again

Also.. did Evil!Steve make another appearance after Secret Empire, and Duggan's Deadpool final issues?

Edit: Grammar smh
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 08-18-2020 at 02:36 PM.

If you don't count evil alternate reality versions (I think pretty much everyone in a multiverse has an evil alternate reality version somewhere), you probably just need to dig into the C listers.

I'm sort of doubtful anyone would bother making an evil version of Aquarian for example.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If you don't count evil alternate reality versions (I think pretty much everyone in a multiverse has an evil alternate reality version somewhere), you probably just need to dig into the C listers.

I'm sort of doubtful anyone would bother making an evil version of Aquarian for example.
    Actually, the supervillain Quantum is the “Evil counterpart” to Wundarr the Aquarian.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    What ever happened to Carol's AU counterpart from her Civil War-era run?
    I remember her being taken away after seriously injuring rogueaway seriously injured, after attempting to kill Rogue, but I dont remember her ever popping up again

Also.. did Evil!Steve make another appearance after Secret Empire, and Duggan's Deadpool final issues?
    I believe HYDRA-Cap did show up again earlier in Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America run, being broken out of prison by the Power Elite, specifically Alexa Lukin and Selene, only to then be used in some kind of dark magic ritual by Selene.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I believe HYDRA-Cap did show up again earlier in Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America run, being broken out of prison by the Power Elite, specifically Alexa Lukin and Selene, only to then be used in some kind of dark magic ritual by Selene.
    That was him? I thought it was another Cap doppelganger laying around
    Well.. if that was really him, then it most be the most anti-climatic way to get rid of him..

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    That was him? I thought it was another Cap doppelganger laying around
    Well.. if that was really him, then it most be the most anti-climatic way to get rid of him..
    Yeah, though I'm thinking he'll be back sooner or later, at least before Coates's run finishes, given how that's been addressing the legacy HYDRA-Cap left behind for Steve and America.

Mighty Member

I don't think there are as many cosmic heroes with evil counterparts.